[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 13

File: 1474363635256.jpg (28KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
1474363635256.jpg
28KB, 625x416px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XX

Cont of: >>37490371

Here's a nice picture of a dog
>>
File: 1490785659577.gif (2MB, 312x252px) Image search: [Google]
1490785659577.gif
2MB, 312x252px
Oh hey there jesus, don't mind me
>>
>>37622382
Hey, thanks for coming into the thread. If there are any questions you would like for me to answer then feel free to ask.
>>
File: 1480938656444.gif (742KB, 312x201px) Image search: [Google]
1480938656444.gif
742KB, 312x201px
>Tfw the lord enters your body
I-It's a special feeling alright
>>
>>37622420
Sure is. Also, if there are any questions you would like for me to answer then feel free to ask.
>>
File: photo_2017-03-24_13-39-01.jpg (36KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-03-24_13-39-01.jpg
36KB, 500x674px
How are we supposed to believe in God when some men receive this and others don't.
>>
>>37622444
>"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7
>>
File: skippy.png (207KB, 515x267px) Image search: [Google]
skippy.png
207KB, 515x267px
Hello there Skippy
>>
File: 11233325364.jpg (80KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
11233325364.jpg
80KB, 1200x675px
>>37622464
I asked God for a bigger dick all my life.
>tfw it got smaller
Sure am leaning towards satanism at this point.
>>
>>37622508
If you're asking God for those type of things, then that means you don't really care about him and want him to just give you the stuff that you want. Do you love God or is he just your sky sugar daddy?
>>
>>37622496
I guess they kinda look the same.

Also, is the Podesta, pizza gate meme still going on?
>>
>>37622531
You just said all I had to do was ask and it would be given to me.
Make up your mind.
>does god love me or am I just his experimental gerbil dicklet
>>
File: 1470646203628.jpg (187KB, 842x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1470646203628.jpg
187KB, 842x1200px
Does god love traps?
>>
>>37622555
Context is key my friend.

Also, let's first have a better understanding of the subject.

First of all, if you truly love God then he will give you the desires of your heart but what a true believer desire is going to be something that pleases God.

Solomon at the age of 12 could have any wish he wanted to be granted to him by God. But did you know what he wished for at an age as young as 12? He wished for knowledge!

Also, read this passage in Jeremiah:

>You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

So, basiacly, God only gives to those who love him and those who love him seek things that will please God.
>>
>>37622597
I'm not too 100% sure on what a trap is yet.

IS a trap a person, mostly female, who has a male sexual organ.

Or

Is a trap a person of one gender who undergoes surgery that changes the sex he was assigned with at birth?
>>
File: 1495846884029.jpg (277KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1495846884029.jpg
277KB, 650x650px
>>37622352
Will I go to heaven if I masturbate to 2D traps?
>>
File: 112455354354.jpg (7KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
112455354354.jpg
7KB, 230x219px
>>37622624
So basically you have to be born as the perfect disciple to be a man of God.
There's no reason to believe because God will only help those who want what he wants and we don't get to choose what we want.
All in all, if God exists, he's creating the majority of us with full knowledge that we won't hold his mind set and we'll be sit to burn in the hot sauna with Satan.
>>
>>37622709
Probably, but then again, if you have faith the faith, if it is true, will remove these sinful feelings and thoughts and so you should work on that and trust that God will fix the rest.
>>
>>37622719
>So basically you have to be born as the perfect disciple to be a man of God.
No one is born perfect, that's why we need God. If you were born so then why would you need Jesus?

>On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Mark 2:17

>There's no reason to believe because God will only help those who want what he wants, and we don't get to choose what we want.
You can choose what you want, but God isn't going to give something to someone who doesn't even love him. Would you help and take care of someone who treats you badly? Obviously, they do not care about you and so want nothing to do with you. Same goes with God, if you don't even want to be in a relationship with him then why should he even give you what you want?

>All in all, if God exists, he's creating the majority of us with full knowledge that we won't hold his mind set and we'll be sitting to burn in the hot sauna with Satan.
And that is all your fault, not God's. We send ourselves to hell; God doesn't.
>>
>Be me
>All-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful god
>Give two year old cancer just to be a dick
Feels good famalam
>>
File: Lucy's_meditation.png (1018KB, 900x928px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy's_meditation.png
1018KB, 900x928px
>>37622352
Why is faith necessary to enter heaven?

Shouldn't a just God, judge me on my deeds rather on my faith or lack there of? Can I really be blamed that I try to behave like a decent human being in this world that I perceive as so very unjust and unkind? Shouldn't a loving God love me unconditionally no matter what I believe in? If it's so hard for me to believe a loving God would all those horrible things happen to good people, is it really just for him to punish me for that? Why is faith necessary to enter heaven?

For me it sounds like a control mechanism, to force me into group thinking, rather a concept God made up tbqh. I'm not trying to offend you or any Christians by this, but I'm really curious.. why is faith in God important to get me into heaven and not so much good deeds?
>>
>>37622856
Look at the post I made here: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/36846145/#36847076
>>
>>37622910
I hope this answers your question: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37153456/#q37154315
>>
>>37622910
You might also want to read this: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/36868173/#q36871590
>>
>>37622942
You know, this line of argument might work if you're just talking about how hard times can help make you a stronger person. But the specific example the other anon gave was cancer kiddies. If some toddler gets a terminal disease and dies, it didn't make them stronger, they didn't have a chance to persevere and grow as a person. A horrible thing happened to them and they died. That's it, game over.

Stuff like that is going to be basically impossible for you to debate against from a Christian point of view because it makes a very strong argument that, if there is a god, it's not a god that cares enough to prevent senseless, needless suffering.
>>
>>37622352
How many generations were there between David and Jechoniah/Jechonias?
>>
>>37623078
You kinda missed the point about it not being about our life on earth but rather the hereafter. Yeah, there is pain and suffering in the world, but it's only a journey but not a destination. Reread the entire post.

Also, that pic makes a lot of presuppositions about humans, which then leads said person to come to false conclusions.
>>
>>37622998
>>37622971
So we absolutely must believe in Jesus and his resurrection to get into heaven, no way around it?

It just seems to be an arbitrary and very high criteria to put ones whole eternal life on the line for..

For a modern human who wasn't raised with Christianity, to think that God, over two thousand years ago, once, revealed himself to some ancient sheep herders, performed some magic tricks, healed a few of them and so on, then died and came back from the dead, literally, is just.. well, just sounds like a mythical story, like so many others that came before it.

I always chose to believe in universal values instead, like justice, kindness, love, etc. and uphold those in my life, and hope that if there is a just God he will return the favor in the end, and not just let me die, like I wouldn't let another being die if it were in my power to let it live, or to resurrect it.

I'm sorry, but I can't wrap my head around strict doctrine like yours, and while I came to believe in a God for many reasons over the years, I can't simply believe in the Jesus story, just because it is written in some book. It's also way too exclusive in my view and opposes my universal values I hold up so high, what with people who were raised differently, what with people who never heard of Jesus, what if they were raised in the Muslim or Hindu part of the world, what if they were born gay, etc..

I just don't know man.. Christianity has some appealing aspects for sure, but a strict doctrine like you portray it in, isn't something I can agree on.
>>
Who else feels like it's impossible to meet a girl at church?
>>
>>37622352
Why do Christians not do animal sacrifice anymore? Sure, Jesus died for all of our sins, but that wasn't the whole purpose of animal sacrifice. And Jesus does go on in the Sermon on the Mount about how one needs to keep every jot and tittle of the old law until heaven and earth pass away. I mean, just because Jesus came doesn't mean people don't get into arguments and then make up, or be thankful for things.
>>
>>37623165
>So we absolutely must believe in Jesus and his resurrection to get into heaven, no way around it?
Yes, but sorry for giving you so much to read. I tend to get the same answers repeatedly, and so I save answers and reuse them. Hope you understand.

>It just seems to be an arbitrary and very high criteria to put ones whole eternal life on the line for.
Not really. The faith, if it is true, also has power.

>sounds like a mythical story, like so many others that came before it.
There are evidence for it, but still, you are accountable for what you do, and that faith has power like I said before.

>I always chose to believe in universal values instead
Well, the thing is I believe that God has a standard. I like to compare it to the standard of living of a poor man and the standard of living of a rich man. Both will tolerate things at different levels. God's standards, and rightfully so, and we cannot possibly live up to it and so need him. He has given us a way out, and all you must do is believe, and you are saved.

>I can't simply believe in the Jesus story
Perhaps we can discuss these issues and come to a better understanding of each other's point of view.
>>
>>37623234
>Why do Christians not do animal sacrifice anymore?
The OT laws were done away with. In fact, you do not even need to make sacrifices to be justified it was just a prefiguration and what was to come IE the death or the Messiah.

> And Jesus does go on in the Sermon on the Mount about how one needs to keep every jot and tittle of the old law until heaven and earth pass away.
That's not what he says but rather that he has fulfilled it and who so ever believes in him it would be like he had done those things since no human was able to keep the law successfully.

Also, you might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CjzS6EAgug
>>
>>37623158
The idea that there's some big reward in the end doesn't exactly make up for the suffering though, does it? Especially in a case like this. What's even the point of it? Why do some people suffer so much more than others? I mean, everyone suffers, but there are horrible things happening in the world all the time, and horrible things that have happened in the past. There are people out there right now being tortured and mutilated and having all kinds of punishment inflicted upon them. There's really no way of justifying it. It goes above and beyond the idea of god trying to make you a better person through suffering.

And as for the Epicurian paradox, I woudn't say it makes assumptions about people. Any of the assumptions made are on the part of the people who actually believe in the idea of an omnipotent, benevolent god.
>>
>>37623234
>Why do Christians not do animal sacrifice anymore?
Jesus was the fulfillment of the Old Law. He was the ultimate sacrifice so that animal sacrifice is no longer necessary. OT animal sacrifice was simply a shadow of a much bigger and long lasting one to come.
>>
>One enters into heaven through faith alone
RIP, billions of good, innocent people who never had a chance of learning about Christianity, either because no one told them or they died before Jesus was born.
A moment of silence for the victims of God's genocide...

F
>>
>>37622352
>One enters into heaven through faith alone
Ooh, some heavy Lutheran shit going on here
>>
>>37623348
>The OT laws were done away with. In fact, you do not even need to make sacrifices to be justified it was just a prefiguration and what was to come IE the death or the Messiah.
So then why are we ignoring a direct statement by Jesus? You have read Matthew, right?

>That's not what he says but rather that he has fulfilled it and who so ever believes in him it would be like he had done those things since no human was able to keep the law successfully.
Oh, I guess you haven't.

>Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish but to fulfill
>Truly indeed I say to you until all shall pass away of the heaven and the earth not one iota or point shall not pass away from the law until everything should be manifested
>whoever if then shall break one of the commandments of these, the least and the smallest, and shall teach others to do so; he will be called least in the kingdom of the heavens. whoever moreover shall practice and teach (them), this one will be called great in the kingdom of the heavens.

>since no human was able to keep the law successfully.
That is literally something that was made up by Paul. Considering Paul has only the vaguest idea of what the Law is (he equates a paschal sacrifice with a sin offering, because he's a tard like that), I don't know why you'd believe him.
>>
>>37623376
Explain that to me. How does Jesus's sacrifice for our sins mean that we no longer need to express thanks to God? Or to make peace with our fellows? Or to celebrate the fruits of ones labors?
>>
File: 0338 - rDCgKqU.jpg (23KB, 317x432px) Image search: [Google]
0338 - rDCgKqU.jpg
23KB, 317x432px
>>37622382
i was gonna gaypost in this thread but it was literally the first reply
>>
>>37623374
>The idea that there's some big reward, in the end, doesn't exactly make up for the suffering though, does it? I think you're underestimating the grace of God and the pleasures of heaven.
Yes, in fact, it does! We Christians put ourselves through pain and suffering in this life and all for what? It was their love of God.

>The idea that there's some big reward, in the end, doesn't exactly make up for the suffering though, does it?
It's not just about being a better person but for God to see who his true followers are.

>But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.
Matthew 24:13

It helps weed out the true followers and the none true followers. In fact, in the Bible, St Paul was beheaded by Emperor Nero, who coincidentally has a name that if is read as a roman numeral number it translates to the number 666, for his faith. If you truly love somebody, you will go over the edge for them, and so God wants the same.

Also, about suffering in the world. It's because we live in a fallen world and if you truly want to be free then Christ has given you a doorway out!
>>
>>37623464
You don't need to sacrifice animals to do any of that. Jesus' sacrifice means that anyone who accepts it can speak directly to and have fellowship with God. The thief on the cross died and went to be with Jesus in heaven and he didn't have the opportunity to sacrifice animals or even get baptized.
>>
>>37622555
Sometimes the answer is "you'll get it in heaven"
>>
>>37623348
>The OT laws were done away with
So you're saying I can fuck my mom, (male) cousin, and my dog, steal, ignore the Sabbath, perjure people in court, get tattoos, and commit random acts of arson, all with Jesus's approval?
>>
One "problem" i see with christianity, if Jesus died for our sins and all thats needed to clense me from my current sins is faith, can't i just go wild with the sins and just believe in christ?
You would think christianity promotes fair treatment towards others but this makes it seem like its not the case.
>>
>>37623444
>So then why are we ignoring a direct statement by Jesus? You have read Matthew, right?
Ok then. Let's read the OT. Abraham was justified by God in verse 15 of Genesis. This was before he was circumcision or did any of the OT laws. This shows us that you do not have to do those things in order to be saved, but rather i is your faith that saves.

>Oh, I guess you haven't.
Heard of context? Also, it helps if you have a bit of knowledge of 1st century Judaism.

>That is literally something that was made up by Paul.
Proof. I haven't even quoted paul.
>>
>>37623507
>don't need to
It doesn't mean that you can't do something less extreme but still loving. The point of a sacrifice is to show God that you love Him. It's a personal relationship thing that you do for being touched by Him.
>>
>>37623507
>You don't need to sacrifice animals to do any of that.
According to God you do. Or was Leviticus just some big joke?

>Jesus' sacrifice means that anyone who accepts it can speak directly to and have fellowship with God
But people were speaking directly to God and having "Fellowship" both before the sacrifices and before Jesus. I mean, that's what all those people talking to God in Genesis is all about.

> The thief on the cross died and went to be with Jesus in heaven and he didn't have the opportunity to sacrifice animals or even get baptized.
So what? That's completely irrelevant to the point at hand. Jesus flat out claims that you're supposed to follow the Old Law. Even if you accept that the crucifixion negates the need for sin and repentance stuff, what about the rest of it? Sacrifices were more than just sin offerings, not that Paul will ever mention any of them.
>>
>>37623522
The Mosaic laws such as not eating shellfish, doing works on the Sabbath and sacrificing animals as wells as circumcision. I think this btter answers your response: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37208797/#q37209414
>>
>>37623532
Thank you for this. This is one of my favoruite questions to answer and I will be doing so. read this: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37208797/#q37209414
>>
>>37623534
>Ok then. Let's read the OT. Abraham was justified by God in verse 15 of Genesis.
What verse are you talking about? 1:15 is talking about the creation of the heavens. If you meant chapter 15, what is talking about "justifying" I don't see that word in anywhere. In fact, I'm not even sure what you mean by the term. It is also irrelevant, since it's before the Mosiatic covenant, not afterwards like at Jesus's time.

>This shows us that you do not have to do those things in order to be saved, but rather i is your faith that saves.
Or that the writer of Genesis had a transactional model of divine obedience ("salvation" from what? Where are you getting that term?) and that there's a big difference between not having a deal and having a deal and then ignoring it.

>Heard of context?
Ok, what "context" makes that sermon say anything other than what it sounds like?

>Also, it helps if you have a bit of knowledge of 1st century Judaism.
Yes, yes it would. Not that Christfags do. Can you, for instance, show me a 1st century Judean figure (not a Christian) who said that nobody could follow the Law? That it was impossible? Why do later Jewish writers like the Gemarra authors state that there WERE people who followed the Mosiatic law perfectly, like Jesse and Amram?

>Proof. I haven't even quoted paul.
No, you "quoted" Jesus with

>Since no human was able to keep the law successfully.
When that claim comes not from the Gospels, but from Paul's Epistles. Romans 6:14, half of chapter 7, Galations 3:10-13, 2 Corinthians 3:7-18 etc.
Why the hell don't you know this stuff? I'm a fedora and I've read these books, but you seem to not have absorbed very much, if you did pick it up at all. Come on, show me a single line in the Gospels stating that following of the Mosiatic Law is impossible.
>>
>>37623592
>http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/37208797/#q37209414
Nothing in here talks about why some laws are still upheld even after Jesus "abolished" things, nor why you're picking and choosing.
>>
>>37623650
Why are you arguing about biblical doctrine when you don't even believe it's God-inspired, or even have a belief in God whatsoever?
>>
File: watchmen-dr.manhattan[1].jpg (122KB, 865x648px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-dr.manhattan[1].jpg
122KB, 865x648px
>>37623482
I really don't want to get too entangled in this convoluted web of mental gymnastics you have going on here. But this only leads to further questions. Why even make reality like this in the first place? Why would god feel like he needs to do this? And even if the idea of some big reward at the end supposedly does justify all of the suffering, how can you defend the fact that only believers get the reward? If some little non-Christian toddler gets cancer and dies a slow agonising death, he's not going to heaven, is he? I guess that's what he deserves for not being raised as a Christian and getting a terminal illness before he's even old enough to think for himself and convert.

I could probably keep going with this but it's making my head hurt. I can only imagine what your state of mind must be like to actively believe in an ideology with so many glaring contradictions. So I'm not going to keep arguing from within the framework of Christianity.

Oh, and I looked up that Nero thing. Apparently it's got nothing to do with roman numerals, it's when his name is written in full in Aramaic and converted to numbers using the Hebrew numerology system that you end up with 666. Frankly though, when you're writing about shit like that, you're veering away from general religious craziness and into /x/-tier shizo batshit territory.
>>
>>37623650
>If you meant chapter 15, what is talking about "justifying" I don't see that word in anywhere.
>Or that the writer of Genesis had a transactional model of divine obedience ("salvation" from what? Where are you getting that term?) and that there's a big difference between not having a deal and having a deal and then ignoring it.
Ah yes, my bad. But it does talk about justification.

>And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.
Genesis 15: 6

If you look at the past 6 verses and understand the context, then you will know that it is talking about IE that Abraham believes and was counted as righteous, which means to justify.

>Ok, what "context" makes that sermon say anything other than what it sounds like?

>For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
Matthew 5:18

Do you know what accomplish means? It's saying that if someone completes the law, as in follows fully into completion, then he would have fulfilled the law. But the thing is no one ever has done so. Not Abraham, Moses or even Isaiah. But since Christ had done so, by us believing in him we are also are counted as righteous.

>Why do later Jewish writers like the Gemarra authors state that there WERE people who followed the Mosaic law perfectly, like Jesse and Amram?
Even in the bible people were called blameless, but this doesn't mean that you are sinless. There are a whole host of things that you are responsible for and simply relying on your own work will not be enough to consider right before God.

>Why the hell don't you know this stuff?
I do, but it comes from a good reading of the gospels, which I can prove.
>>
>>37623650
>Come on, show me a single line in the Gospels stating that following of the Mosiatic Law is impossible.

>No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
John 6:44
>>
Free will is a lie. No one has a choice to their character. How do you feel, scriptually, about these statements, ChristAnon?
>>
>>37623975
>Free will is a lie.
Free will is hackable, and therefore not a lie.
>>
>>37623975
I believe it. Look at what I wrote here: http://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/36724456/#36730229
>>
>>37623881
Hey, do you have discord or something? I wouldn't mind a talking on there.
>>
>>37623881
Oh, and I looked up that Nero thing. Apparently it's got nothing to do with roman numerals, it's when his name is written in full in Aramaic and converted to numbers using the Hebrew numerology system that you end up with 666. Frankly though, when you're writing about shit like that, you're veering away from general religious craziness and into /x/-tier shizo batshit territory.
I heard it on numberphile but even if it was true it wouldn't mean anything. In fact, the number of the beast isn't even 666 but rather 616. Anyway, I did say that it was a coincidence.
>>
Animal sacrifices were real and they actually pleased god? Then his son dieing pleased him as well? Doesn't this god seem evil? And b4 evil and good are relative. And b4 god is never wrong.
>>
>>37624158
More to do with atonement. The OT sacrifices were to atone for the sins of the past year. With Christ, he atoned for all sins. It doesn't mean you're evil but rather what we do has consequences and so by Christ dying for our sins we are now sinless since the wages of sin is death.
>>
>>37623758
>Why are you arguing about biblical doctrine when you don't even believe it's God-inspired, or even have a belief in God whatsoever?
Because I've read a lot of this material, it's pretty much essential for understanding history, but it fascinates me how
A) People actually believe this stuff despite the enormous mass of internal contradiction
B) How little the true believers actually read their own holy books. It's something that I've seen time and time again, and do not understand.

>If you look at the past 6 verses and understand the context, then you will know that it is talking about IE that Abraham believes and was counted as righteous, which means to justify.
You're arguing in circles. And you're simply asserting that a count of righteousness means "Justified", which you've yet to defined. And here's context for you; Abraham just took off with his servants (or maybe just Eliezer, his heir), to fight a war to release his ne'er do well nephew Lot. Maybe he shouldn't have done that. And maybe, since after all, this land IS promised to him, he shouldn't have been so generous, taking only his expenses; and should have set himself up as owner/ruler of the land. How's that for "context" and why Abram might be worried?

>Do you know what accomplish means?
Do you know what "until heaven and earth pass away" means? Because it's fairly straightforward. Furthermore, the Greek in question is "Genetai", made, accomplished, fulfilled, manifested. It doesn't mean when the law is done "properly" (Which, by the way, Jesus didn't do), it means when the world is used up, gone, done away with. NEWSFLASH. "Until ALL is accomplished", not "Until the Law is accomplished".
1/2
>>
>>37624236
Hey, you didn't answer me here: >>37623940
>>
>>37623940

> But since Christ had done so
No he didn't. The Gospels themselves record him breaking the Mosiatic Law. Remember how in the last supper he doesn't actually go to the Temple, and just shows up with his disciples in tow to some random dude's house and eats the passover with them? Not supposed to do it that way, I'm afraid.

>Even in the bible people were called blameless, but this doesn't mean that you are sinless
I'm going to take that as a "no", you cannot actually back up your claim in >>37623534 that 1st century Judeans understood the Law as something impossible to fulfill. Again, look up Shabbat 55a-b. You have a rabbinical argument as to who died "Because of the Serpent's plots" (i.e., no sins of their own), and they argue about who gets the honor. But you'll note that all agree on Jesse and Caleb, who were well after the Mosiatic Covenant; clearly, guys like Rav Ammai thought it was possible to follow that law perfectly.

>>37623969
Does your brain not work? I mean literally. The Mosiatic Law is not mentioned. And Jesus isn't talking about following it, or "salvation", which you still haven't defined. He's saying that nobody will follow him unless God draws them to Jesus, not that you can't adhere to the Mosiatic Law without error; and that his followers will be saved/resurrected when that whole imminent apocalypse thing happens.

>I do, but it comes from a good reading of the gospels, which I can prove.
[sarcasm]Oh yeah you sure proved it[/sarcasm]
>>
>>37624209
So why did god not accept Cains vegetable sacrifice? Why does it have to be blood? He sounds more like a devil than a god.

Some say there is a fake evil demiurge god, things like that make me say they might not be wrong.
>>
>>37623997
What do you mean hackable?

Proverbs 16:9
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Proverbs 16:1
The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tounge, is from the LORD.

Jeremiah 10:23
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Ecclesiastes 7:13
Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight,which he hath made crooked?
>>
>>37624334
Not our Christfag, but it doesn't have to be blood. See the meal and wine offerings, and you can even do a flour offering for sins if you're very poor. (Leviticus 5:11)

At least if the Levitical author/redactor is on the same page as the Genesis one (your guess is as good as mine) the usual understanding is that a sacrifice is to be commensurate with the means of the guy offering it. We don't know what exactly Cain offered, but since it's contrasted with Abel's "firstlings of his flock and their fat", the weak implication is that they're not his best stuff, and it's just a random selection of the fruit he offered.

>>37624109
>>
>>37624109
crud, hit enter too soon. It's 666 because the Greek form of "Nero" is "Neron", and the extra nun gets you your missing 50.
>>
>>37624432
>hackable
Able to be mutated. If someone argues that there is no free will because of determinism in physics working its way up to the psyche, they forget that the psyche can also change the psychical universe if they want to feel a different way about something.
>>
>>37624514
So what do you do? Leave the food out and just let it rot?
>>
>>37624585
Beg pardon? I'm not sure what you're asking.
>>
>>37624539
I just look at it from a Biblical perspective.
>>
>>37624656
For the sacrifices. They sacrifice food and drink. What do they do with it. If I wanted to do a sacrafice what would I do? Slit a goats throat? Then just let it die, sit there and rott? Take the blood from his throat and drink it?

What about wine? Pour it on the ground and say this is for you homeboy Jesus?
>>
What version of the Bible should I read? I have a NKJV study Bible, but I'm unsure what the best version there is to read.
>>
>>37625902
Oh, I get you. Usually, you'd build an altar of some sort, and then place whatever it is you're offering, and burn it. For animal sacrifices, you'd butcher the animal in question, and then put some or all of it for the burning (you'd eat other parts for certain sacrifices)

For libations, yeah, I think basically you'd just pour it out onto the altar and say it was for God or the Gods or whatever.
>>
>>37626309
There can be only one.

http://www.pidginbible.org/Concindex.html
>>
>>37624043
Are you a JW? Hitler already had a solution to that particular problem.
>>
>>37626359
what the heck is this

oregano
>>
>>37622624
Ehh none of us are worthy, though. We're all sinners who need Christ to be saved. Your good deeds will not save you.
>>
>>37622647
Wrong and wrong. A trap is a dude who looks like a girl and can pass as one. You described a futa and tranny respectively.
>>
>>37626455
It's a Bible translated into Hawaiian pidgin.
>>
>>37623165
The tripfag is a fucking potato. The idea is that we, as humans, all sin aka do bad things to one another. A thought can be a sin. Therefore it's kinda impossible to not sin. But we need to be free of sin to get into Heaven, right? Christ was punished and went to Hell even though he legitimately never sinned once (a miracle in and of itself, although he was half-God so eh.) He died so people could ask for forgiveness and have our sins ignored. The goal of Christians is to ask for forgiveness in Christ's name so they can get to heaven. It's not a strict doctrine, especially considering the different fucking denominations and "interpretations" out there. Just have an active relationship with God through knowing you're saved.

If you're interested, go to a Church that preaches forgiveness. Like a Lutheran one or a Greek Orthodox one. You'll learn more about Christianity, enough to help you study the Bible on your own. I recommend getting confirmed since it'll help you recognize the important stuff.
>>
Why do you believe something with absolutely no observable or historical evidence?
>>
Do I still get to rape little girls after I've killed their families if I convert? It was clearly okay in Numbers. Or does that not apply anymore?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.