[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>starting my concerta/ritalin medication tomorrow What am

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 7272.jpg (10KB, 236x253px) Image search: [Google]
7272.jpg
10KB, 236x253px
>starting my concerta/ritalin medication tomorrow

What am I in for? I'm in my mid-20s, so puberty and teenage related prescription drug issues are obviously not going to affect me. I have asperger's syndrome and ADHD, I have never taken drugs before.

I've read only good things about concerta, but I'm still nervous as fuck that it will fuck me over. I don't care if I'm a drug hazed zombie as long as I can get schoolwork done and actually concentrate on my daily tasks.
>>
>>37580296
expect to feel very good for the first few weeks or months, then after a while you will begin to feel really tired if you're not on it
>>
>>37580488
Nice. I already feel kinda exhausted all the time so it should be nothing new. As long as I can keep my mind focused it should be a-ok.
>>
Bare in mind the whole first month that this isn't how it feels in the long term.

Remember to take regular breaks from it, every month or so to keep yourself grounded.
>>
>>37580296

I don't know shit about concerta, but I've done ritalin, and gives me the fucking focus of a laser. I can't get anyone to prescribe the shit to me even though I obviously fucking need it, along with a few other things, but whatever. Point is, since you actually seem to need the stuff, you're going to be more energetic, have clarity of thought, and be able to sit and focus on tasks. At least, that's how they always worked for me, your mileage may vary of course.
>>
File: spooked.png (123KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.png
123KB, 633x758px
>>37580831
Yeah I wasn't planning to take it every single day, or at least not on weekends. As long as I get schoolwork done and don't have 10 thoughts overlapping at the same time, I'm good.

>>37580909
At first they didn't want to write a prescription for me either, but then another doctor gave me a second opinion and she thought medication could help me. I wasn't even going to ask for a medication, the second opinion for it came as a surprise for me. Doctor said that if this didn't work, they would change the dosage or prescript me something else, but there will be pills.
>>
>>37581054

You're lucky, here, they wanna put you through like a 6 hour test to make sure you actually need the stuff before handing it out. I mean, I could tell I already needed it, just not how badly I needed it until I actually took some and I got every single benefit it touts.

Glad you got that second opinion bro, every doc around here is so tightfisted with medications it's appalling. Mainly because this is a super poor income place and people sell their meds to pay rent, but still, I've never done any such thing and I told my docs they could piss test me every week if they wanted to/give me a med count. Nothing. Glad you'll be getting some help though anon, it's always great hearing about someone gettin' the help they actually need.
>>
>>37580296
You might experience crashes at the end of the day when the drug wears off, it can make you feel depress and anxious. It's normal, it will go away with time
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.