[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies consistently get upset when I show a distaste

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Why do normies consistently get upset when I show a distaste or dislike for card giving? Birthday cards, christmas cards etc.

It seems like a completely pointless endeavor to me, their only value is sentimental but saying what you want rather than spending half a dollar on a pre-made card feels like it has far more sentiment to me.

Yet when I say anything negative about the concept of card giving, even if it's telling people not to get them for me, people act like they're offended by it. What's worse is when I ask why they feel it's so important, they just show frustration and say "because that's what everybody does".
>>
most people have very rigid approach to how things should be done.

my mom cleans the floor every morning with a vacuum cleaner even tho a mop would be more effective, this is not something i can debate with logic
>>
>>37566555
Card giving is a tradition and we all know what happens to those who go against tradition. It's also considered just the polite thing to do.

>Nice trips
>>
>>37566555
yeah i sort of learned that from my parents
doing what people want you to do > logic apparently
>>
>>37566555
Don't you go around questioning norms now. It never ends well.
>>
Because they are consumer cattle, lacking any capacity for independent thought. Rejoice in the fact that you are above these subhuman livestock.
>>
>>37566680
>It's also considered just the polite thing to do.
This is why I do it when other people expect it of me, sure.

But when I try and convince family to not bother wasting money on cards on my birthdays that I'm just going to throw away, they take offense. And when i ask why they try and make it about me being contrarian.

I've explained it as simply as

"When you buy those cards you're just spending money on stuff other people designed so you can give it to me and I can, at most, put them up for a week before taking them down and either throw them away or stick them in a box. If you want to wish me a happy birthday then just say it to me. I'd rather you save the money."

And yet this is baffling to them and they begrudgingly buy me a card anyway. And then they get mad if I point out I told them not to bother. I don't understand.
>>
>>37566803
It's taken me 18 years to stop the cards. The only person I get a card for now is my mum.
She knows how much I hate them so it means more.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.