[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here smoke? How did you get into it if it wasn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Smoking.jpg (25KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Smoking.jpg
25KB, 615x410px
Anyone here smoke? How did you get into it if it wasn't through peer pressure?
>>
Smoking feels nice. I don't care too much for the taste,it's just the process which is enjoyable. Lighting it,inhaling and exhaling. Feels relaxing.
>inb4 you're addicted to nicotine

No,I've gone days without smoking cause I just forgot to smoke. I only ever smoke 2 or 3 a day.
>>
I started smoking when I was drunk because I liked the buzz it gave me. I started craving them while sober after like a year or two of only ever smoking while drinking.

I only smoke like one or two a day if I can afford it so I don't think I'm too bad
>>
>>37564535

I like to smoke, it's like taking a break from everything.
>>
i smoke like 4 a day and have a little chewing tobacco too

is it dumb for me to smoke if i fear endibg up dyibg in a hospital one day just withering away? Idc about heart attacks. I wanna die at 40 but if i turn 40 im still too pussy to kms what if i lived through it

smoking feels nice
>>
File: cowboy_smoke.jpg (56KB, 354x450px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy_smoke.jpg
56KB, 354x450px
>>37564535
-TFW you smoke Marlboros to larp that you're a badass cowboy instead of a failed normie with a semi-interesting backstory
>>
>>37565520
Ditch the chewing tobacco and either smoke more or get into alcohol for the slow suicide.

Chewing tobacco will lead to horribly disfiguring mouth cancer before it kills you.

Alternatively use your smoking for social interaction and find a will to live through human connection.
>>
heard it helped relieve some anxiety and stress
still smoke and will probably untill i die
desu its just sometihng to take my minds off of things at this point
>>
My roommate smokes and whenever my roommates would have parties id get drunk and smoke a little.

This has been going all school year and I'm trying to cut it.
>>
>>37565723
is smoking 4 a day gonna give me lung cancer probably? i know a guy who smoked 3 packs a day for like 50 years
>>
>>37565843
Not at all
i smoke 4 packs a day becuase i binge them quickly
>>
>>37565843
It's a very individual thing. You may get cancer for smoking once when drunk or you could smoke for 40 years and never get it. Genetics and just pure luck.
>>
I smoked for 7 years then i got a "spontaneous pneumothorax" aka collapsed lung. Was in hospital for a week. Got out and was clean for about a month. Started smoking again. Lungs still holding up a year later, for now.

It's a dumb habit. I'd never advise anyone start smoking, if not for the health implications then for the money you'll avoid wasting by literally burning sticks of dried tobacco and breathing it in. Rather just do real drugs if you want to be cool and edgy, they're more fun anyway.
>>
>>37565866
It seems like smoking is just RNG if whether or not it will kill you. My great grandmother smoked a pack a day/beer a day and lived until she was 90.
>>
>>37565946
Pretty much depends on your body yeah
i want to die
AND IM NOT
SO
RNG MY ASS
>>
>How did you get into it if it wasn't through peer pressure?

Tried it at like 14, enjoyed it, carried on from there

As much as I understand that it's an awful habit, it's a brilliant social facilitator. I don't think I'd have a third the friends I have now if I wasn't a smoker.
>>
>>37565970
id like to die too but i have a shotgun bit im afraid to usenit because what if i live and either way its fucking loud and would rip your ear drums
>>
>>37565992
Well desu
Put it in your mouth
And pull the trigger
its not that hard
worse case scenarion
u live
>>
>>37564535
>smoke weed for the high
>smoke mugwort for the calm
>whole family smokes cigarettes
>>
>>37566002
worst case you live

exactly what i said i dont want to be fucked up
>>
>>37566030
Well
Considering ure putting a shotgun in your mouth
the risk of living is
Low
>>
I got a job as a chef and was super stressed, smoking helped. Was on a pack a day back then. Cut down to half a pack or so, switched to rollies too. Fags are expensive.
>>
>>37566047
what about not dying instantly? and laying there for a while?
>>
>>37566065
Well if you aim up at the roof of your motuh
And not your throat like some idiots
u will die instantly
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
I smoke. I got into it when I was messed up on barbiturates. Starting a pack a day habit sounded like a good idea in my drug induced haze.. I was 16. I'm 21 now. I used to get a buzz off of them, I don't anymore.

Both my parents and a couple of my grandparents smoke, it's not a taboo in my family.
>>
Collapased lung guy here. Just for clarity smoking wasnt the cause of my pneumothorax per se, but it does supposedly increase the chance of it happening (apparently it just happens to about 1% of tall and thin males)

I've also had friends and family who smoked for decades and died from unrelated health issues and random accidents, known people who smoked 40 filterless a day for 50 years and they're fine, others who got throat cancer after 5 years of smoking half a box a day. So yeah, i agree with other anons that it's a lot of RNG whether smoking will actually kill you.

What i can add is that you will smell like smoke and not always notice. People will not like your odor unless you are OCD about washing and using deo after every smoke. It will stain your teeth and even fingers. Girls wont wanna kiss you unless theyre drunk or smokers themselves.

Personally i smoke coz it's a social crutch and a pseudo-stress-reliever. Also i smoke lots of weed and now just enjoy the act of smoking even if it's a cigarette (maybe i wish it were it making me high? Idk)

Just stay away. Cigarettes are bad man.
>>
>>37565843
It's random desu.

The best way to think of it is every time you smoke one you're rolling a small coin that you

A. Get a cancerous development
B. Your body doesn't destroy the threat.

Obviously more smokes = more risk. Long term you're going to suffer from C.O.PD. regardless of cancer from tar build up.
>>
>>37564535
I wanted to be cool and started st the kast year of hs. I actually get to know some people that smoke and now i smoke before uni. Haven't made any contact with people through smoking though. not worth it
>>
In high school because I had nothing else going on and was stressed, also I had a friend who'd buy them for me since I was undersge
>>
I've been thinking about trying nicotine for energy/IQ gains. Anyone here get increased clarity and focus from nicotine?
>>
How do you guys not feel sick after smoking a lot?
I usually can't smoke more than two or three cigs a day without getting a headache or feeling dizzy
>>
>>37567305
>I usually can't smoke more than two or three cigs a day without getting a headache or feeling dizzy

Everyone experiences that when they start smoking, passes after a week or so. These days I feel like I can breathe better with a cigarette.
>>
This thread is tangential to what I'm wondering
What do you guys think about vaping? What about vapers/whatever you call people who vape who never even smoked to begin with?
>>
This thread is tangential to what I'm wondering
What do you guys think about vaping? What about vapers/whatever you call people who vape who never even smoked to begin with? My friends do it for le sick clouds bre and le vape nation xD, and I'm a neversmoked who is thinking about picking up a JUUL just because, I guess. I have ADD and am wondering if it would help me stay focused/relaxed.
>>
>>37568348
Fucking SHIT. I lost connection midway through posting this and got an error. I thought it didn't send. Sorry
>>
>>37568441
>retarded normalfag is retarded
Go whine about your normie problems with your friends.
>>
>>37568348
Tried vaping, didn't enjoy it that much. For me part of the appeal of smoking is the stimulation from smoke scratching your throat and vapes feel too light, like you're not even doing anything
>>
>>37564535
Yep, initially as a stress relief thing- 16 and too into my own head to not be a useless ball of nerves most days, mom and amost of my friends smoke so I had one of my 18+ buddies grab me a pack of whatever he was smoking at the time
>>
File: IMG_0253.png (415KB, 661x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0253.png
415KB, 661x600px
Ouch, now I'm reminded of how I used to smoke with my ex friends a few years back.
Feels bad man.
Inhaling smoke feels pretty good though I can't really afford to get addicted.
>>
>>37564535
I smoke one every now and again
I don't understand how people can get addicted to it
>>
>>37564535
Boredom, I only smoke every few weeks or so
>>
I quit smoking weed but still wanted to smoke something so i switched to cigarettes
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.