[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wisdom Teeth Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

File: wisdom_extraction.jpg (10KB, 350x213px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom_extraction.jpg
10KB, 350x213px
Share your experiences.
>>
I let all my wisdom teeth grow in. I guess I had enough room for them cause they didn't mess up the rest of my teeth.
>>
My last one is late to the party
Growing in now, seems to be pretty fine
>>
>>37564121
Same. Except I only have three of them
>>
>>37564083
Got all of them removed in like a month. I miss painkillers tho.
>>
>>37564083
My brother is about to have his out. He is pretty worried but I keep telling him that nothing bad will happen. They are just going to IV him a benzo to knock him out, and he will be awake before he knows what has happened. Too bad my dad won't let him get the hydrocodone, I wanted to have a good time
>>
>>37564083
the pain went away after a day and then i got high on percocets
>>
File: 1489736931756.jpg (37KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489736931756.jpg
37KB, 657x527px
>fell for the wisdom must be pulled out meme
>>
>>37564083
All 4 of mine have been impacted for 10 years (I'm 27 now) and I've had zero issues with them.

I know I should get them out but they've never bothered me. Sorta feels like a scam to get me to pay for surgery I don't really need.
>>
>>37564083
Got all four of mine out about a year ago. The surgery itself wasn't bad, but the recovery sucked ass. They gave me hydrocodiene which helped, but no straws, hot drinks, chewing or anything for 2 weeks was miserable.
>>
>>37564121
>>37564258
I almost got them pulled, but I was too autistic and never went to the appointment.
It also hasn't affect my other teeth.
The only times it bothers me is when I accidentally bite the inside of my cheeks.
>>
none of them became a problem, I'm 29

never had caries or anything either and my hygiene habits are really bad
>>
>get them removed while still under skin
>awake for the surgery but high as fuck on drugs
>can feel my skull reverberating from the doctor sawing my tooth in half and from hammering something
>dont even care, smiling throughout the surgery

Then I went home and ate ice cream and lukewarm soup for 3 days and that's it. Didn't even get any pain meds, didn't even feel any recovery pain. Idk if people are pussies or if I was lucky but this wasn't just not-unpleasant, I'd say it was actually quite nice to lay in bed with my cat eating ice cream for 4 days
>>
File: bad ass.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
bad ass.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
i had three removed in one sitting and ate mcdonalds 10 minutes later.
even having your teeth cleaned with the drill thing is much more painful.
>>
>>37564083
>never had wisdom teeth
>never had more than 28 teeth in my head
>>
Teeth stuff is some of the only things I get squeamish over, I've watched a few extractions with difficult teeth and its gruesome.
Really all that I'm actually worried about is saying some stupid and/or racist shit while fucked up
>>
>>37564083
>got all my wisdom teeth pulled
>impacted badly
>teeth AND jawbone chipped away in places
>stitches WAY too tight
>the one fucking year in a decade in either direction that ice cream and anything cold is banned cause some study that was refuted later claimed the phlegm it causes hinders healing
>too tight stiches just carve through the tissue a day later from swelling
>get empty sockets
>can only drink water at this point
>no painkillers prescribed
>most painful experience i've had and i've gotten to tickle my shinbone poking through my skin once
>lose 60lbs by the end of it all
>shit healed poorly so they had to go in and lazer shit off
>holes left had to be cleaned meticulously everyday till they fully filled in
>jaws still fucked in places and impacts will hurt like a motherfucker in those areas
Fun times.
>>
>>37564083
I had all 4 wisdom teeth at age 12 , with no complications, cool
>>
>>37564350
I guarantee they will cause you problems eventually, you just don't know when. Could even be in your 50s.
>>
>opioids
>couldn't chew for 2 weeks

what the fuck
what kind of methods do you american people have, did they take out your wisdom teeth with an axe and shit on the wound after that or what?

I got my wisdom teeth out few years ago, first the 2 on the left side and then the 2 on the right side
it didn't hurt, they gave me like 5 injections so everything was numb and I didn't feel anything

I got no pain killers
I even had to buy myself ibuprofen
and it wasn't even bad
after a few days no more pain, and like after about a week everything was good again

I made a mistake tho, I thought cooling the area on my jaw is a meme so I didn't to it and my jaw swelled a lot, it looked so bad I didn't go to school for 2 days and I couldn't eat anything

the next time I was cooling the area all day long and it was a lot better
>>
>>37564742
>with the drill thing is much more painful.
This right here is why I fear going to the dentist. Fuck it to death.

That, and when they're scaling the teeth (jamming the metal thing between each gap before digging up)
>>
File: weh.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
weh.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>37564083

>perfectly straight teeth
>never needed fillings or work done, usually a dentists trip was in and out
>new area, new dentist
>heard too many horror story's about some nhs dentist
>booked an appointment and they didn't have the equipment to x-ray me told me to book an appointment at doctors
>2 weeks later finally get an x-ray
>wait another week for dentist
>wisdom comes in impacted just as the x-rays foretold
>cracks molar
>go for the appointment
>assistant dental nurse of what ever they are is actin hungover
>dentist is pregnant and keeps bumpin me with her belly
>sit down while waiting for gums to numb after injection
>assistant drops a tray of tools which looked like a large backlog to the autoclave
>alarm bells o off in my head
>my mouth is numb
>had a panic attack and ran out of the dentist
>wisdom tooth knocks most of my molar out a week later before I could find another dentist
>accept my fate
>chewing funny caused me to wear down my right incisors
>>
they got yanked and I don't feel any different
>>
mine hurt so much it deformed my gums. luckily i used anti-infelmetory medicine and it didn't do any damage
>>
>>37564121

Not everyone needs to have their wisdom teeth removed, but there's no harm in getting them removed even if you don't require it. Circumcision, however, is harmful.
>>
File: IMG_0005.jpg (162KB, 773x771px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0005.jpg
162KB, 773x771px
I'm an American and I had no complications with my wisdom teeth removal.
>>
>Had braces, needed to get wisdom teeth removed or else they fuck up ny teeth
>Get them removed, surgery is uncomfortable as fuck, feel like I'm going to choke
>It's the anaesthesia
>Aside from that, never felt pain of any kind. Not before, not after
>Couldn't talk for a few hours
>Cheeks swollen for 3 days, looked like Alvin and the Chipmunks
>Now teeth are ok, got braces remove but using clear retainers and hating them
>>
File: IMG_0245[1].jpg (393KB, 1669x1031px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0245[1].jpg
393KB, 1669x1031px
Just had all 4 out about 30 hours ago under a general at an oral surgeon.

My whole lower jaw was dead from 4 locals (while I was unconscious) and couldn't eat or drink anything without it spilling.

Currently in recovery process. Was sore after the locals wore off, but now it's fine unless I open my mouth wide. Was given painkillers, antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. The later scares me the most; if I take them without a full stomach, I'll get an ulcer.

Pic related was my OPG a week ago.
>>
>>37564083
I'm broke and ca't afford to get them removed. All of them have been impacted for like 8 years now.
>>
File: 1484859505596.jpg (30KB, 486x444px) Image search: [Google]
1484859505596.jpg
30KB, 486x444px
Who else born-without-wisdom-teeth master race?
>>
>>37564083
Never had them pulled. My mother, being a cheapskate, made my last appointment before she (and therefore I) lost my insurance and the Colombian fuck and his assistants totally shit up my fillings, not to mention at first they didn't dope me up enough, then he doped me up so much that I couldn't feel my nose. He told me the wisdom teeth had to come out but they've come in fine so far and I don't really trust him farther than I can throw him.

If I ever want to straighten out my teeth though I'll have to get them removed since my mouth is at max capacity in terms of space.
>>
File: 1449575734605.png (124KB, 634x697px) Image search: [Google]
1449575734605.png
124KB, 634x697px
>>37565739
>spics
>master race
>>
>>37565870
T. jelly impacted teeth boy

And I'm white
>>
Have any of you actually seen the operation? Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p2kNh1-z6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_TZrsaMR-Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXzu8Anqu14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Qwlq4H8Ls
>>
>>37564083
>chewing tough candy like 2 years ago in class
>"wow this shit is tough"
>Upper wisdom tooth scrapes the fuck out of bottom
>Feel shards of hard stuff on my tongue
>It's parts of my bottom wisdom tooth

I have just given up on the bastards, they make it uncomfortable to eat certain shit and i basically chew like a cow to avoid pain.
>>
>>37564083

had twilight anesthesia for mine, don't remember a damn thing and they healed in a week. I had 3 impacted.

When you have them out, make sure you ask for real anesthetic and not local bullshit
>>
>>37564083
had impacted wisdoms had them pulled at 18-19 ask the Dr how he did it you don't want to know he tells me. He had cutie assistants still remember being helped out of the chair by 2 of them I was under had liquids for 2-3 weeks while the sockets healed not something I'd want to do again
>>
File: 1409902357770.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1409902357770.png
30KB, 633x758px
>>37566154
Oh man.

Do I really want this?
>>
>>37564083
2 months ago or so it was really bothering and went to dentist for it and she just gave me some lit drugs for the pain, after the medication ended I no longer could feel any pain so unfortunately didnt need more.
>>
>>37564083
I got a piece of a chick filet nugget stuck in my socket. Fucking sucked. Eventually got it out in physics class like a week after.
>>
>>37564083
>Find out one of my twelve year molars isn't coming in
>Find out it is being blocked by one of my wisdom teeth
>doc says it would he best to remove all four
>get surgery in the morning
>wake up high af, try to get up, fall back down, muk laughs at me (my mother taped me for keks, but oh well, she never shared it)
>go home, feel fine
>out and about the next day
Felt great the whole time, didn't even take the pain meds, or swell up. Didn't mind living off mashed potatoes either.
>>
>>37564083

I think all 4 of mine were impacted, can't remember. They knocked me the fuck out and took out all 4.

Honestly can't even remember the 2-3 week period afterward. Had empty sockets that took fucking forever to close, and I still, 6? years on, get food stuck back there.
Also pretty sure the upper row of my teeth shifted because the gap in my front teeth don't align with my nose anymore and I'm pretty sure they used to.

Weird shit
>>
File: 21.jpg (31KB, 480x762px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
31KB, 480x762px
had this cut out in january. was eating hard food again within 2 days. did 5 percocet at a time because of cold water extractions. fun week

my socket still hurts sometimes
>>
>>37564966

ultrasonic scaler is the only thing that will properly dislodge tartar though

if you don't want to have to get a dental cleaning done, then floss and brush your teeth properly and avoid sugary shit.
>>
>>37564083
Well I was 16 (19 years ago) and was tolled that I asked the female helper if she wanted to see my penis and kept trying to say knock knock jokes while laughing I dont remember any of that but my mom was mad as fuck lol
>>
I ignored my dentist telling me that I would be in pain from them "soon" at every checkup between the ages of 17 and 20 ish. I'm 25 now and still have them, no issues.
>>
>>37564801
Dude dont think about it or you will I'm always paranoid when im under that i will say some roudy shit havent yet though.. i went under last time for tube down throat right b4 i passed out they tolled me if you have any secrets it will come up fuckkk got hundreds lol didnt say anything though
>>
>>37564825
What communist country do you live in thay bans ice cream?
>>
I was fully awake when they did mine. One tooth was so impacted that it took 2 hours to extract. The anesthesia was wearing off by the first hour. I had to go a second time for the other tooth. Easily the most painful experience in my life.
>>
I have a constant pain on one of lower molars, 2 teeth away from an impacted wisdom tooth. The pain started a year ago after I had a deep filling where the dentist pushed down so hard he literally moved me in the chair, then disappeared 2 months later so i couldn't ask him about the pain.

Had the tooth re-filled to see if it was a cracked filling or bad pulp some shit, but the dentist seems to think the tooth is perfectly healthy. Problem is it might be the wisdom tooth causing the pain, but it seems unlikely? Why wouldn't I feel it in the other tooth between them, or feel it if i pressed on my gums?

Has anyone else ever had a similar issue? The other alternative is a root canal on the tooth that hurts, and I don't really want to have my tooth made fucking necrotic if it's 100% healthy and not the actual issue.
>>
I didn't get mine pulled and it seems to be fine but occasionally the gums around them kind of get flappy or some shit it's weird
>>
>>37564083
I only had one removed, and it only took novocaine and cotton swabs to remove.

I guess I'm just a lucky fuck for having such a non-shitty wisdom tooth story. It's at my mom's house so I can't show you. Sorry.
>>
>>37566883
You could have referred pain. Those teeth all transmit sensory information through the IA nerve. I would get your 3rd molars out if your dentist said the other teeth are fine. If that still doesn't help, get a better dentist
>>
>>37564083

All 4 came through fine. No impaction, not pushing any teeth forward or anything else.

Dentist said I can keep em in aslong as they don't cause any issues.

Maybe I should name em?
>>
>>37564966

I had that.
Felt fuck all.

Not sure if your dentists missed the proper place to give you an injection or what, but mines super fucking good.

Didn't even feel the needle going in.
>>
>>37565065
>tfw feeling when can't get bumped by a pregnant nurse
why does this happen to me?
>>
>>37567017
>injection
You're not supposed to have an injection for that. It's not like they're fucking fillings.
>>
I'm a jawlet so I had to get them taken out. I developed TMJ immediately afterwards.

Make sure all your young family members are Mewing and chewing.
>>
>>37564258
yea i only had 3 as well
too bad they fucked up the rest of my molars
i will never get french kissed by a girl or anything anyway so it doesn't really matter
>>
> had obese stepmom drive me to dentist since i know there will be blood and drugs
> she sat in car while im in dentist office
> get injected with novacain, looks like bioshock shit
> dentist said my roots are twisted
> heard the crunchy sound within my head
> blood everywhere
> came back to car
> she had the keys in with radio on
> car is dead
> have a emergency battery charger in trunk
> had to jump the car while bleeding from my mouth
>>
Had one of the fuckers removed a couple weeks ago, and going in again in a few days to get the other one removed.
Both of them are growing straight on horizontal and fucking my other teeth.
From the first one, I can certainly say I'm not looking forward to the other one.. The dentist didn't have the right fucking tools so he had to improvise with other tools
But I mean I enjoy the chicken soup so I can't complain
>>
>>37565712
This. I'd hit up my Mom or something, but I'd feel like an asshole.
>>
File: YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING.png (370KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING.png
370KB, 400x600px
>canada gets "free" healthcare
>dental not included
Death to dentists
>>
Anyone here have cysts?
>>
Hapa master race here.
My head/jaw is so large that I didn't have to have any removed and they all fit in nicely.
>>
>>37564083
I had all of mine taken out. It didn't hurt that much.
>>
>>37564083
I have a very small mouth that wont let me properly brush so my wisdom teeth got fucked up bad. Had to get them pulled. Pissed off my dentist too because anesthesia doesn't work on me. He had to get a different drug which as he described it was an "on/off" switch for the brain.
>>
>have room for all wisdom teeth
>still a chinlet
What did my face mean by this?
>>
>Wisdom teeth are almost entirely sideways pushing into back molars
>Return to hometown to get them out while during winter break freshman year
>Told to bring a CD to listen to while waiting for knockout gas to take effect(dating myself here)
>Go under to the sound of Dreams Come True by SES
>Don't remember trip home, tons of bleeding and sitting on the couch for a couple days
>New Years Eve wake up and cheek is the size of a baseball because a tooth shard got stuck in my cheek
>Oral surgeon opens up office just for me and lances the thing. Puss everywhere.
>Given special mouthwash and told to periodically squeeze for more puss for the next couple days
>>
>got my lower wisdom teeth removed
>was given hydrocodone
>took 2 the very first day and was completely out of it
>tried to masturbate but kept almost falling asleep during it
>nodding forward and waking myself up when I started to fall off the toilet
>didn't want to give up
>took about 2 hours
>dick really hurt by the end of it
>weakest cum ever but I did it
>didn't take any more hydrocodone and only took 800 mg ibuprofen for the rest of the time
>I didn't give up though
>>
File: 1486148638373.png (44KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1486148638373.png
44KB, 657x527px
>>37564083
>tfw born without any of the 4 wisdom teeth
>feelsgoodman
>>
>>37568545
>masturbating on painkillers
Retard
>>
>>37564083
>Wasn't really having any problems with them
>Doctor says they need to come out or they will ruin my naturally straight teeth
>whatever.jpg
>Go in to have them pulled
>Don't even get put under
>Less than 25 minutes he has them all popped out
>Still have them to this day
>>
File: 1491339934523.png (81KB, 627x773px) Image search: [Google]
1491339934523.png
81KB, 627x773px
>>37567873
>tfw everything included
>>
>>37568545
>>tried to masturbate but kept almost falling asleep during it
Literally why?
>>
>>37565739
I was only born with two of them. Does that count?
>>
>>37564121
I left two on the bottom row of my jaw grow out and they grew out vertically and looked normal. Then I had to get them removed because they were apparently crowding my teeth. Undergoing maxillofacial surgery and getting braces required me to get even more teeth removed and now I have fewer teeth than the average person. Rest in peace, wisdom teeth.
>>
>>37564083
i had mine removed. anesthesia wore off in the middle of surgery. I screamed like a little girl.
>>
Getting all 4 out in one session next week
They're knocking me out
What am I in for lads
>>
>>37569307
Pain. Alot of pain. If you can get your hands on extra narcotics I would strongly advise you to do so.
>>
>>37564083

I kind of wish I could have kept them. at least the top ones. they might have closed the ugly gap in my front teeth.
>>
Only got my bottom two pulled out. My dad says I screamed bloody murder coming out of the anesthesia and scared this one lady in the waiting room so bad that she cancelled her opointment. Was in excruciating pain for the first day even with narcotics. I couldn't even swallow it hurt so bad. Was on narcotics for the next 2 weeks. I tried switching to tylenol but I couldnt take the pain. My doctor only gave me 7 pills but thankfully my mom saved my dad's vicodin that he didn't use when he broke his arm.
>>
>>37569302
Local or general?

If General, they're supposed to give you both.
>>
I didn't do shit with my wisdom teeth and now my bottom row is completely fucked. Would the other teeth get in their usual place again after pulling the wisom ones or do I need braces with fucking 27?
>>
>>37570212
You could always get implants.
>>
>>37564083
I got them removed when I was 18. Actually went through a lot less pain than a lot of people I knew did. The day it happened and the day after were the only days I stayed at home, watched tv, and ate ice cream and popsicles all day. Even on those days, I barely felt any pain. I was out driving and doing normal shit after that.
>>
>>37564083

>get my wisdom teeth pulled a week ago
>life is even more unbearable for a week
>swelling and pain decreased but now I taste shit in my mouth
>shit smell continues in mucus and nose
>probablyinfected.jpg
>oral surgeon says everyhting's fine
>spend all day smelling and tasting shit

I'll give it some more time but fuck me.
>>
>one starts growing in last summer
>is now finally in, no pain
>other three have yet to even emerge
i'm kind of antsy to see if i can handle all four. based mexican genes though
>>
>>37565680 here.

I'm now getting some pretty bad diarrhea. Pretty sure the antibiotics are causing it (Amoxicillin).
>>
>tfw never had teeth problems until I started going to the dentist
>>
>>37571289
Are you sure about that?

You probably have a cyst.
>>
Wisdom teeth removal is a fucking jewish scam.

"Oh, anon, this tooth is coming in at an angle. It's going to really start hurting very soon. We need to remove it."

>procrastinate
>don't get them removed

3 years later, my teeth are still as straight as ever, and I've experienced 0 pain.

>inb4 mouth pain tomorrow
>>
>got drugged up before and after surgery
>start dialing random people on my phone and slurring random shit to them
>mom takes phone away
>still no idea what I said
>>
>>37572365
This terrifies me. I would start ranting all sorts of antisemitic shit if I was doped up, I know it.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.