[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about anti-anxiety meds boys. I'm reading about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1474759829500.gif (373KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1474759829500.gif
373KB, 650x650px
Tell me about anti-anxiety meds boys.

I'm reading about them in another tab but I want to hear some testimonials that aren't written by pharmaceutical shills.

What side effects have you gone through?
How do you feel when you're not on them, or stop taking them?
Have you developed any permanent effects from them?
Are they addicting at all?

Stuff like that are my main concerns. I'm not sure I want to take them but I'm trying to look into my options here.
>>
I've been taking Trazodone for about six months now and it's great.

For the longest time, I was terrified of taking an antianxietal medication for various reasons. I was scared that it'd alter my sense of self, of withdraw symptoms and dependencies.

After six months, I can say my fears were unfounded. Trazodone doesn't function the same way as an SSRI; it improves your ability to process the neurochemicals that help you feel calm, rather than flooding your system with the good shit and setting you up for a crash.

The best way to describe its function is that, instead of subduing or neutralizing my emotions, it "caps" the upper limit of my anxiety. Instead of being completely overwhelmed by something, I experience an appropriate amount of stress and am able to handle circumstances accordingly.

Trazodone can come with withdrawal symptoms and tolerances- I missed a dose one evening and was a little more anxious than usual. Right now I take 50Mg total daily; my girlfriend takes 100Mg.

Don't be afraid to try something, Anon. It's vastly improved my quality of life and, with a doctor's consultation, could do the same for you.
>>
Clonidine, starting naltrexone next week.

>sleepy, dizzy, bike riding is impaired
>like I'm about to collapse from exhaustion from hyperviggilance
>no but I have facial twitching from antipsychotics
>no but I am dependent

It's not as cognitively impairing or emotionally dulling as other medicine, and also helps with the 'tism a lot. I think naltrexone is just going to let me fill up my "dopamine" bucket
>>
>>37551064

What happens if you can't take them consistently is a large issue. I am a pourfag and if I were suddenly unable to afford the medication or treatment for one reason or another (Which is looking very likely as it is but I'm not too sure what a steady prescrip would even cost) I'd be left hanging.

Taking anything that I would be dependent on when it isn't a guarantee I'd be able to have access to it at all times seems like a bad situation. I feel like I'm pretty stuck right now.
>>
File: 1471141733385.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1471141733385.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
Fuck I entered a name instead of a thread title.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 720x531px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 720x531px
>>37550871
My doctor wants to put me on adderal to control my seizures because I'm becoming tolerant to my current meds.

I'm really scared that I will turn into an emotionless blah who can't function at work or drive a car. I also don't want to be addicted. My boyfriend said he took them in college to help him study before tests and it felt amazing.
>>
>>37551348

OP here, I had an Adderal prescrip in middle school and I took them for a little while but stopped. I didn't really notice any effects while on it or from not taking it anymore.

Then in early adulthood there was a period where people around me were taking them recreationally and I tried it a couple times then too and still didn't really feel anything. I may as well have been taking caffeine pills.

I don't know. Maybe it won't be the same for you but that's what I experienced. Also that was all some time ago so I might just not be remembering something.

That was the only time I had a drug prescription. This is basically new ground for me but my anxiety and depression have kept me on lockdown for years. I'm trying to see what my options are.
>>
zoloft good
>>
>>37551488
I saw that fellow did a name instead of a title poster.
>>
Zoloft
Klonopin
Trazodone
Zyprexa
Paxil
Quenapitine (spelling?)

Klonopin is the only thing that worked for me. No grinding teeth. No racing thoughts. No bouncing knees.

I can just talk with people like a regular human being. It's wonderful
>>
File: 1494999485950.jpg (133KB, 793x794px) Image search: [Google]
1494999485950.jpg
133KB, 793x794px
>>37550871
I'm a bit of a weird lad here: I'm taking an anti-anxiety/antidepressant (tianeptine) that is prescription in most countries, but unregulated in the US (ergo, I can purchase it as a supplement). Here are my experiences with it:

>what side effects have you gone through?
The first day, it made me feel pretty drowsy, but this went away with subsequent dosing. It's incredibly short lasting, so I have to dose several times a day, so while not technically a side effect, it is extremely easy to get addicted to it (and if you look up testimonials on it, it's mostly people complaining about being or having been addicted). It's an extremely mild opiate, but you can still get opiate withdrawals from it, but I don't think I've ever taken it long enough to get that when I've stopped taking it. It also made me a bit constipated, but that was resolved by eating more fiber.

>How do you feel when you're not on them, or stop taking them?
My immediate good mood/less anxious state goes away, but my overall motivation/good mood is definitely higher for hours, if not days. If I go without taking it without 3 days, I tend to go back to my more depressed feelings. Nothing bad happened when I stopped taking them, but I wasn't on them for very long when I tried that out.

>Have you developed any permanent effects from them?
The plan is to try and get myself into a productive routine while I have the motivation from the drug. It definitely restores volition, but I've noticed that my older unproductive habits are still there, so it isn't a cure-all. I have otherwise developed no other permanent effect from them.

>Are they addicting at all?
To me, personally, they haven't been too addicting, but they are easily abused, so I'm careful with it.
>>
>>37551348
It will give you energy and maybe mental clarity / focus. The problems are no appetite, insomnia if taken at the wrong time of day, agitation if the energy you get is too much. It's not an anti-anxiety med at all and one of the more uncommon side effects is actually increased anxiety +/- mood issues. That's less common with other stimulants like vyvanse though.

>>37550871
I've tried pregabalin and benzodiazepines. The pregabalin was fantastic overall, no side effects other than slightly droopy eyes and a dry mouth. Benzos I couldn't really tolerate, I'd sleep 14 hours, feel drunk while awake, and get retrograde amnesia from time to time.

If you have depression too SSRIs would treat both anxiety and the depression. I haven't tried an SSRI but I know they cause trouble with sleep, sex, restlessness, and indigestion for some people. At least they're hard to overdose on and you won't get addicted unlike other drug classes.
>>
>>37550871
Lexapro here.

Anorgasmia. Suicidal thoughts. Mood swings. Massive outbursts of anger. Indigestion. Sometimes completely emotionless.

Better now. I'll never touch the fucking things again.

Anorgasmia still.

No. not imo
>>
>>37550871
I took a low dose (20mg) of Paxil and that shit worked wonders, no side effects beyond some mild stomach issues the first 2-3 days of taking it and having to work slightly harder at fapping to get off, they are non-addictive and I am currently coming off them (only taking 10mg) with no negative after effects so far, also worth noting that Paxil is also a form of anti-depressant which was a nice little extra since I was prone to having some pretty bad off days where I kinda wished I would just fucking die.

Without this shit I would not currently have a job and a drivers license so yeah, shits pretty life changing.
>>
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Hopefully there will be a time where I am not paralyzed by dread.
>>
>>37551924
I know them feels anon, I truly do.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.