[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst experience you've had playing for D and D?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: received_1716405151732921.jpg (157KB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
received_1716405151732921.jpg
157KB, 887x900px
What's the worst experience you've had playing for D and D?
>>
>>37539720
See you space duckboy
>>
My character got captured, mutilated and turned into a rape slave by orcs.
>>
>>37539720
>Someone made fun of me for giving my orc purple eyes

It was pretty weird
>>
Once a DM rolled a triple 20 against me for an attack from a boss-metal wyvern type thing.

Feels bad man
>>
File: IMG_3129.png (355KB, 1844x3960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3129.png
355KB, 1844x3960px
Pic related.

You have been muted for 3000yrs for posting an unoriginal comment
>>
My roommate and I would play with a bunch of friends. He's kind of autistic in the way he plays any game, which is to immediately gather all written material for it and theorycraft the best character possible. Combat was a fucking chore, he would take 5 minutes to describe each thing he was doing and the DM would argue with him every fucking time. That campaign didn't last long and it was the last time I ever played D&D unfortunately
>>
>>37539720
>be playing D&D
>realize I'm a greasy fat manchild that still lives in my childhood bedroom and have no chance of losing my virginity without paying a busted prostitute
>continue my quest
>become an irl wizard
>>
>>37539720
DnD requires friends/socializing you faggot, the most I have experienced of it is reading autism on /tg/
>>
>>37539780
>giving my orc purple eyes
They do not understand
That's cute, anon
>>
The worst was when I LARP'd in my bedroom by myself. I was playing a female half-elf being sexually molested by the giant dildo monster from the Pit of Perpetual Penetration.
>>
>>37540185

what was your constitution modifier?
>>
File: 1469482036095.jpg (35KB, 437x395px) Image search: [Google]
1469482036095.jpg
35KB, 437x395px
>be a ranger
>our group encounters a half elf we need to kill
>stealthed beforehand so sneak attack time
>roll two crits
>get excited
>DM tells me they don't hit because the NPC cast shield which raises the AC to exactly 20
>try to tell her that throughout the whole game the system she was using is "attacks hit if you meet or beat the targets AC" and that even if that weren't the case critical hits always land no matter what
>she refuses to listen
>i get out my book to argue the point
>one of our other players chimes in
>"why are you arguing with my girlfriend anon? she's the dm!"
>get cheated out of doing 8d8 damage with two arrows because someone doesn't fucking know how to read

>also you have to decide you're casting shield BEFORE you know what the player's roll is not after
>>
>>37539720
This was D&D 3.5, with base classes from Pathfinder allowed
>DM wants to run a level 20 game, so it will be WICKED AWESOME, MAN
>but the internet told him that high level magic is broken
>rather than learn what makes tier 1 and 2 classes such game-breakers, he just bans any spell above 6th level. You can play full-progression casters if you multiclass or prestige class out, you can play limited progressions casters if your spells cap at 6th level, but under no circumstances can anyone cast Delayed Blast Fireball
>we build our characters carefully and the game gets started
>a lot of ridiculous bullshit happened, but I'm getting into all that right now. After a lot of ridiculous bullshit, we wind up teleported into a dungeon inspired by Cube 2: Hypercube.
>Walking through doors teleports us to different spots in the dungeon, randomly through space and time. We see future versions of ourselves that had been killed, we briefly encounter past versions of ourselves.
>we have no goals in this dungeon, no objective to fulfill. We're just trying to get out.
>Can't find any exit walking around. Nothing that looks like a puzzle to solve, random encounters but no guardian to defeat.
>we trying teleporting. we try Shadow Walking. we try gaseuous forming and seeping through cracks in the walls, we try going through them with Stone Shape Spells and Narzul's Mystic Pigments.
>everything we try fails completely.
>we spend 5 and a half hours IRL trying to get out of Cube 2: Hypercube.
continued...
>>
>look for D&D group
>don't find one
Mine so far.
>>
>>37540351
You were right.

also
>letting a woman be dm
>playing with women at all
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.