[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we enjoy misery? Why can't we take action? Why do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (103KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 600x800px
Why do we enjoy misery? Why can't we take action? Why do we prefer short term gratification brobota? I want to stop shitposting and playing vidya, they take up 12 hours a day. Please help.
>>
We prefer short term gratification because we're impatient. Everything around us now is faster compared to before. Want some food? Order take-out or have it delivered. Want to talk with other people? There's the internet. We're so used to all of these that we can't be arsed to actually be patient and spend a little effort to get what we want.
>>
>>37537688
What can we do to change that pattern then?
>>
>>37537775
destroy your videogames and your wifi
there you go
>>
>>37537775
We can change it. Turn off your computer and go exercise. Never come back to 4chan and live the rest of your life to the fullest
>>
I don't. People pretend motivation is this easy thing to get. It isn't.
>>
>>37537775
I'm having a hard time figuring that out myself, too. >>37537790 seems like something, but it's actually also a short-term gratification; it's like withdrawal syndrome, I guess. If you suddenly stop these things, how would you react/cope?
>>
>>37537799
Easier said than done, as with most things.
>>
>>37537790
this is like saying to a drug addict to stop buying drugs, it might work in the short term if he has a bit of sanity left but it's not sustainable long term wise.
>>
File: 0c5.jpg (42KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
0c5.jpg
42KB, 600x338px
>>37537560
>I want to stop shitposting and playing vidya, they take up 12 hours a day. Please help.
Just get a part time job.

I did the mistake of taking two and now I'm in and endless loop of work, eating and sleeping. I wake up at 4am and go to bed at 10pm if I'm lucky. I drink up to two bottles of whiskey on the weekend simply to cope with all the shit. I wake up in the morning hoping to get shot and I drive home late in the hopes some ooga booga just ends it. I'm exhausted all the time but at least I'm losing weight. You will miss it soon enough.

Yes I'm actually this dramatic over it, wagie life is no life, the money you earn will be lost on bills and taxes. If you want to break out of it, at least use those 12 hours to turn something you like into a job.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.