[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /r9k/ opinion on harvest moon? What is your favorite

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: harverst.jpg (15KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
harverst.jpg
15KB, 224x225px
What is /r9k/ opinion on harvest moon?
What is your favorite game of the series?
If you don't like it, why?

For me the best one is probably the SNES one, it was simple, comfy and interesting. I was thinking about buying the new one (story of seasons trio of town) But I don't have the money. HM is just one of those games where I can't help but think ''I want my life to be like this''
>>
>>37528315
Pretty good games. I'd say either Mineral Town or Wonderful life are my personal favorite. Played the absolute shit out of Stardew Valley when it came out last year. Super cozy game.
>>
>>37528315
Friends of Mineral Town was probably my favourite, but it had some issues with it. Nothing huge, but there were definitely some odd spots in the game. At one point, the pastor started speaking German at me, in the English version. Just for a bit. Very confusing.
>>
Magical Melody, Ann is best wife.
>>
File: 8382.jpg (168KB, 708x1140px) Image search: [Google]
8382.jpg
168KB, 708x1140px
It started my waifuism.
>>
>>37528315
My favorite series, favorite game is either friends of mineral town or magical melody, it's the ultimate comfy series
>>
File: 7WywLEI.png (555KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7WywLEI.png
555KB, 640x480px
It's one of those games that doesn't sound fun at all, then I accidentally play it for 6 hours.

Still completely unable to explain why it is so enjoyable.
It may have been my first encounter with comfy gaming.
>>
Hi, Anon. Do you play Animal Crossing?
>>
>>37529103

Used to play it on my NDS, but I got robbed 2~3 years ago :( he got my NDS.

I don't intend to buy the 3ds one, seems way too different from the DS one. Or am I wrong?
>>
File: 1417921013467.png (364KB, 564x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1417921013467.png
364KB, 564x1086px
Yeah my mom used to tell everyone that my dream was to become 'the harvest moon boy' cause I played it so much. She also told me not to marry muffy in awl, funnily enough. I grow a lot of crops though in my garden though.
>tfw farming isn't a viable career anymore and you will never live in a comfy town
>>37528727
karen was my waifu.
God I fucking loved her so much.
>>37529103
Not op but yeah I love animal crossing.
Animal crossing gamecube is amazing.
>>
>>37528315
i liked the snes one too but most recently i played Rune Factory:Tides of destiny it has now rpg elements and fights
>>
>>37529154
>karen was my waifu.
>>37528727

>liking the alcoholic roastie
>>
>>37529154

Sucks that farming isn't viable anymore, I would SERIOUSLY drop life in a city to live a comfy life on a village, growing crops and animals. Seems like hard work but comfy
>>
>>37529142
Definitely give New Leaf a try. There was recently a big update that added amiibo support and a new game mechanic, but the heart of Animal Crossing is untouched. And you're the mayor in New Leaf so you get that extra control of shaping your town to look however you want. It's a bit like Harvest Moon in that way, I spose.
>>
Only played friends of mineral town but it was an incredibly comfy game for me to stumble on.
>>
If you guys are serious about farm life, go drive out to a farm and ask if they need a hand. I did that one summer and most farmers are happy to have someone who can do shit for them. Beats fucking retail that's for sure.

Just make sure you can handle the sun. That's the worst part.
>>
>>37530554
Interesting, I might consider it actually.
Do you think you have to be sociable to do it?
>>
I like Rune Factory more.

>tfw you always play as a girl character
am i gay
>>
>>37528315
Friends of Mineral Town.

I married the librarian.
>>
>>37528315
Animal Crossing is better. I don't have a work fetish like you all.
>>
>>37528315
FoMT is pretty great. Rune Factory is basically the same thing but with monsters and shit. Both are made by natsume too.
>>
>>37528315
>For me the best one is probably the SNES one, it was simple, comfy and interesting.

Same. I wish life was that simple. Parents leave you a farm. You work hard, buy some gifts and get yourself a qt waifu.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>37528315
>the SNES one
Yes. The hours upon hours I spent on that game...

https://youtu.be/m1FEvIKxaJo
>>
File: tuts.png (29KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
tuts.png
29KB, 354x286px
>>37532484

OMG I can even hear the sound the text made when you talked to someone !

My childhood... its all comming back
>>
I fucking loved these games, the best being FOMT or BtN. So, so, many hours spent playing them either with my brother watching him play and admiring his farm or trying to get as good as him by myself.

Wish I could go back to those days.
>>
File: IMG_0254.png (136KB, 218x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0254.png
136KB, 218x369px
Elli is my waifu. None of you dirty niggers can have her!
>>
I played Harvest Moon DS and A Tale of Two Towns. I never really clicked with it. Though I feel like I should have loved it because I was very into games like Animal Crossing and The Sims.
>>
>>37533631
Play HM64, Back to Nature, or Friends of Mineral Town. These are unanimously considered to be the peak games of the franchise.
>>
It's a childs game I'm not sure why anyone over the age of 13 would play it
>>
Harvest Moon 64 is the best one. Getting the greenhouse is one of my biggest accomplishes in life
>>
>>37533561
childhood is picking Karen
adulthood is realizing Elli was best waifu all along
>>
I played A Wonderful Life on the N64 way back, one of the first games I played. The girl who wore all green was my waifu cause green was my favorite color.
>>
If you didn't pick Popuri, then you have horrible taste in women.
>>
N64 was the best one
>>
>>37528315
It's a really confy game, I used to play a lot when I was a child. The ones I liked the most were the SNES one, and Friends of Mineral Town.
I might as well revisit them soon.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.