[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the usual work day for a pizza delivery driver like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: driver.jpg (167KB, 580x500px) Image search: [Google]
driver.jpg
167KB, 580x500px
What is the usual work day for a pizza delivery driver like?

What are the hardest parts of being a pizza delivery driver?
>>
>>37497962
Probably takes place during pizza hours so like afternoon evening.
Big companies like this usually drill procedures into your head so getting ripped off isn't a big deal and if you followed procedure you can't be held responsible.

I wouldn't know really but I'd assume it's easy but not really enough work so you'd have to take store shifts or do cleaning to make up hours.

If someone with experience could post that'd be nice. I'm a meme security guard so my job is basically paid anime watching.
>>
I delivered a pizza in high school.

The money is shit and it isn't worth the wear on your car.
>>
I used to deliver pizza. The worst part is the customers being assholes, and the hours. My place was open half the night and I usually had to work Fridays and Saturdays. But mostly the customers were the worst.
>>
File: pizzatime2.jpg (10KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
pizzatime2.jpg
10KB, 299x168px
>rich kid orders fifteen pizzas
>make good conversation
> gives me twenty dollar tip
>holyshit.thanks
>return to work
>told to go back
>kids mom is holding him by the ear
>he spent his weeks money left by his parents on pizza for one night
>have to give tip back
Jews.
>>
>>37498051

how easy is it for something bad to happen while you're distracted watching anime?
>>
>>37498111

why would a customer be rude to a pizza delivery guy?
>>
>>37498118
So did you actually have to give back the money? All them pizzas got wasted?
>>
>>37497962
Used to work at domino's 2 years ago, almost got killed by some crazy PTSD war veteran over some pepperoni. But overall I made big bucks about 13-20 an hour. Get yourself a pos car that can still run well and you'll do fine. Worst thing to deal with is my people aka nigs. if you're not a nig they won't tip but if you are they'll spare some shekels.
>>
>>37498125
Super unlikely.
Right now I'm watching a bunch of empty container offices somewhere very remote.
I can hear vehicles coming from about 300 yards away.
I can hear animals poking around because this whole place is gravel.

Nothing ever happens on these jobs though, been doing this for two years not a single bad thing has happened.
>>
>>37498170
Forgot to add delivering pizzas is also how I got laid but I worked in a college town in Missouri so yeah.
>>
>>37498148
It was in the ghetto and they were often drunk or stoned. don't get me wrong, most were nice. But the few who were rude were enough to make me hate it by the end.
>>
If you deliver to an indian or black, don't expect a tip.
>>
>>37498165
The kid was obese, but his parents were red as the greasy pepperoni, so I had to trash them. there's nothing sadder than the scent of pizza rotting over time.
>>
Drive auto delivery instead, way fucking comfier because you're dealing with businessmen instead of hungry retards.
>>
>>37498170
>if you're not a nig they won't tip but if you are they'll spare some shekels.
why is this allowed?
>>
What's a non-residential home place you have delivered pizza to?
>>
>>37498208
Indians are the worst to cater to. They'll ask the world of you, and give absolutely nothing.
>>
>>37498245
It's weird man, they just tip me because I'm in with the hood or some shit.
>>
My girlfriend just ordered us pizza from Domino's. I always tip the drivers a pretty nice amount. It's the same as all tipped jobs, I'd imagine. Some assholes and the niggers won't tip much.
>>
What do you do when a customer hands you a counterfeit bill?
>>
>>37498210
>People wasting Pizza.
Fuck these fags. I worked at a Local pizza place last year and some bitch brought her Pizza back because "All the cheese slid off in the car" and we couldn't even eat it since she'd took it.
Working at any job is awful because people are fucking stupid
>>
>>37498508
>some bitch brought her Pizza back because "All the cheese slid off in the car"
is this how real normies behave or are you just rusing? this sounds like a /devilish/ thread invention by a NEET
>>
File: 1477002728620.png (9KB, 181x153px) Image search: [Google]
1477002728620.png
9KB, 181x153px
>>37497962
Just finished my shift there, not a delivery driver though. A lot of the drivers naturally have to come in store to collect their orders or wait whilst they're processed (out of view of the customers. of course) so I have a pretty good idea of what its like. Essentially you'll want a good car and will likely have to push the speed limit. Depending on the country you may have a router that allocates drivers to delivery orders (you'll place the completed orders into a large bag and will learn to read the labels stuck onto the pizza boxes that say what you need, any drinks you'll have to grab yourself). I don't know much about routing though you are generally given a time frame to get from place to place shown on a map and sign off once your done before returning to the store to get your next order. You may get tips, expect some irate customers, you can't please everyone, and chill, I've seen many people get fined up the ass for going over the speed limit - not worth it, your safety comes first and the pizza is kept hot af anyhow, never-mind the enormous bag you get that insulates it.
>>
30 minutes or less is unfair. People can't even arrive on time for their friend's birthday party so why expect a pizza driver to always be there within 30 minutes? Traffic , speed limits, driver safety, pedestrians, and speed bumps aren't the store's fault.
>>
>>37498148
People are rude to anyone in a public-facing job. Wrong order, they don't like how much it cost, cold, the way the driver knocked, etc.. all of these things will make shitty people take their anger out on the driver.
>>
>>37498378
report it to your manager
>>
Besides rude customers, what are other common difficulties that happen with customers ?
>>
>>37498974
Yes except they think they are entitled to get another one because they're stupid rather than just trying to be devilish
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.