[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: martin-luther-.jpg (232KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
martin-luther-.jpg
232KB, 1200x1200px
>What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XXVIII

Cont of: >>37308194

Haven't done these in a long time!
>>
File: fire1.jpg (686KB, 600x834px) Image search: [Google]
fire1.jpg
686KB, 600x834px
nobody cares faggot
asdfghjkl;'
>>
>>37471434
Realy? Well, since you're here, are there any questions you wanna ask? If so feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
This is an original shameless self bump.
>>
following the path of Christ is essential to living a fulfilled life and being happy
>>
>>37471931
Amen! And now I am trying to get people to know this.
>>
>>37471434
Gb2reddit k thanks
>>
>>37471434
Hey guy Christianity is real. Every Christian communicates with God supernaturally bro. Your comments mean nothing to us. We just pity you because you are deceived and believe lies about the bible and god. You only hurt yourself by cursing others because it is not suppose to be in human nature to disparage others. It damages your mind and soul little by little.
>>
I was born and raised Christian. Throughout my teenage and young adult years I've had many falling outs, backsliding into atheism. Every time though, God welcomes me back into His loving arms and I feel so happy and fulfilled living a Christian life.

Christianity is the ultimate robot religion too. Seriously brings tears to my eyes knowing what Christ went through, how rejected, put down and hated He was, all so we, evil wretched sinners, can have a chance at eternal life.

>Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world. (John 18 36 ESV)

>But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ (Php. 3 20 ESV)

>15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life is not from the Father but is from the world. (1 John 2 15-16 ESV)
>>
>>37471945
they don't understand how strong temptation is, they live their life surrounded by it and manipulated into not knowing that it is what it is
>>
>>37472138
Great to hear! If you don't mind me asking, could you perhaps tell me your testimony?

>>37472177
>Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26
>>
Does Jesus laugh at my farts?

Will I go to hell for smoking weed every day?

Legit questions
>>
>>37472215
Sure. In my times of darkness, self loathing, frustration, and ignorance I struggle to deal with it all myself. I try to put the weight of the world on my shoulders and curse everything when I inevitably fail. However, once I open up to Christ and accept His plan, I don't feel like I'm swimming up stream. I let go of my pride and allow myself to be humbled in His presence. I know He gives me the strength and courage to continue to go through each and every day. Although at times I sadly turn my back on Him, He has never and will never turn His back on me. And for that I am eternally grateful. .
>>
>>37472224
>Does Jesus laugh at my farts?
No, God only laughs at his enemies since he knows that their days are coming.

>The Lord laughs at him, for He sees that his day is coming
PSALM 37:13

>Will I go to hell for smoking weed every day?
Probably. If you smoke weed, chances are you are doing it to get some pleasure out of the feeling of being high, and if your pleasures are in things that please the flesh and not God then you aren't saved yet.
>>
>>37471208
What do you guys think about Christian Gnosticism?
>>
>>37472304
I loved hearing your testimony and it just made me think of this bible verse!

>Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, so that in due time He may exalt you. 7Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8Be sober-minded and alert. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour
1 Peter 5:6-8
>>
File: Design Blur_May182017_213533.jpg (289KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Design Blur_May182017_213533.jpg
289KB, 900x900px
>>37471208
lol have fun living as christcucks who worship an old sky being who apparently "murders children to test their faith in him".

christianity was made to give some old guys in the middle east power, money, and underage sex slaves

I thought /r9k/ would at least know this
>>
>>37472323
Heretics. Here's a video you might wanna watch by one of the world's most renowned Bible scholar NT Wright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C-p91SA2BY

>>37472380
Thanks for joining the group lad. You made a lot of good points that I would like to respond to and discuss about. If there are any question questions, you wanna ask? If so feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
I find no reason to believe in the teachings of Christianity. There are thousands of religions, some with one God, some with many Gods, some with no God, and quite a few with saviors and prophets. Why should Christianity be the right one?

Some people claim that the proof is in visions and revelations. Most spiritual "revelations" people have can be explained scientifically. In fact, everything we know of has a logical, naturalistic explanation, and I have no reason to believe that questions about the origins of the universe won't have one either.

The texts of Abrahamic religions were composed at a time when it seemed logical to believe in miracles and the supernatural. Iron Age humans just didn't have the technology or frame of reference to even begin to comprehend the complexity of their biology, of physics, of morality etc. At that time it made complete sense to assume that the world around them could be explained by some neat creation story. In a sense, religion is just a failed science.

I fell from my Christian upbringing a few years ago when I realized that life was a an emergent property of the universe. We're just a cool little anomaly in a vast, silent cosmos. I came back to religion a few times, mostly because living without it just seemed too hard. I had to do some mental acrobatics to convince myself of its legitimacy. I can say now that I am comfortably atheist, and that most of my fears regarding my existence were unfounded and irrational. It's not beautiful the way religion seems beautiful, but it's founded on truth, not fantasy.
>>
>>37472586
So here's a question: if God is real, why the heck is he so fucking hard to believe in?
>>
>>37472586
>I find no reason to believe in the teachings of Christianity.
you made quite a large post with multiple points, but I'll try my best to adequately answer each question.

>Why should Christianity be the right one?
The way I see it is this. Let's say you're trying to find the sum of 1+1, later on; you find it to be 2, would you then look somewhere else for an answer? No. You have already found the answer here so why look anywhere else. This is how I see Christianity, it is the truth, and there is no need for me to look anywhere else because I have already found the truth here.

>everything we know of has a logical, naturalistic explanation
In fact, this is not true. There are many things that haven't been able to be explained by science e.g. the visions to the 500 by Jesus. A lot of the explanations tend to be forced or trying to explain away and when you look at the probability of it having a naturalistic explanation you soon see that a supernatural explanation is far more probable.

>I have no reason to believe that questions about the origins of the universe won't have one either.
ok, this point. Well, you've heard the god of the gaps theory well I believe what you have just said is the equivalent of the science of the gaps theory/ We say things are done by God since we don't understand it but then you make similar arguments by saying "one day we'll find out through science." It doesn't really answer the questions but rather just fills a gap with anticipation.

>The texts of Abrahamic religions were composed at a time when it seemed logical to believe in miracles and the supernatural.
Yes, but even till today, we see people still believing this. Also, a lot of the things that are talked about in the OT have to be read in their cultural context and how metaphors are used to explain things.

>I fell from my Christian upbringing a few years ago
Perhaps we can discuss these reasons and come to an understanding. Feel free to ask questions.f
>>
>>37472782
I would disagree. I think that there are a lot of reasons to believe in God but you just haven't realised yet.
>>
File: IMG_1340.jpg (73KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1340.jpg
73KB, 500x495px
>>37471208
>OP fell for the magic man in the sky meme
Kill yourself, faggot
Religion is a hoax, there is no god, there's nothing after death
>>
>>37472961
Haha, thanks for joining. If there are any question questions, you wanna ask? If so feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
>>37472871
Hey, Christ-anon. If I am attracted to a trap am I sinning?
>>
>>37473221
Yep, lust is a sin.
>>
>>37473237
It's not lust. I genuinely enjoy them being around me. They're amazing and I like their company.
>>
>>37473264
but you said that you're attracted to them
>>
>>37473284
Isn't that what attraction is? Wanting to spend your eternity with someone?
>>
>>37473302
Well, yeah but I assumed that it was a sexual attraction. Have you ever met a trap IRL?
>>
>>37472832
Do you believe in the creation story? Is it actually logical to believe that all of the fantastic stories in the Bible are supposed to be metaphors?

>science of the gaps
To me, this is hogwash. What we always find is that difficult questions are always first answered with "God did it," but are inevitably resolved with science and mathematics. God is always dismissible. Given religion's track record, i think it's safe to assume God will not be the answer to our questions.
>>
>>37473788
>Do you believe in the creation story?
Yes, but then again we should be careful not to read it too literally as well as go so far as to say that they're all metaphors. I believe that though logic and looking around the world; we can come to a better understanding of scripture.

> first answered with "God did it," but are inevitably resolved with science and mathematics
I ould disagree. There will always be things we will never understand. We will never understand how the universe came to be. And the only explanation can be God.

>God will not be the answer to our questions.
I feel as though I can give a good argument for god's existence. Wanna hear it?
>>
>>37474011
I would love to

Original oregano orgsjdbek
>>
>>37474474
Imagine there was a door that needed to be open before you could enter a room. But before you could enter it you had to ask the person behind you, may I open this door? Then before that person could give you a response, he had to ask the person behind him if he has permission to allow you to allow the other person in front of him to open the door. Now imagine this went on for an eternity, would the first person ever be able to open the door?

Now I say the same for the universe if there always had to be a cause would there ever be a time when anything in creation could have been created? There had to be an uncaused first cause to swing that door open without permission, and I believe that it was God who swung that door and opened the gates to this realm of reality.

Thoughts?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.