[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the double standards were reversed, and society said that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1470312046756.jpg (118KB, 766x610px) Image search: [Google]
1470312046756.jpg
118KB, 766x610px
If the double standards were reversed, and society said that women who are really close with their friends is seen as being a big lesbian, women would all collectively be like "fuck that" and rebel against it and say it is stupid

So why don't men do this? Why are men more concerned with following the status quo than being able to be close with their friends and freely express their emotions without being called gay or made fun of?
>>
>>37469066
cos you are literally being a faggot weakling homo reject of male human nature
>>
>>37469087
I'm a woman

And I'm sorry but I don't view men who are close to their friends or freely express their emotions as homosexual or weak

Maybe like 50-75 years ago it was totally fine for men to do this, before being gay was normal. And now men are so obsessed with not seeming gay that they repress their emotions and friendships, even though no one gives a shit at all and only thinks you're gay if you say you are and actually date men. It makes zero sense.

>inb4 women won't date me if I have emotions
That is such retarded logic, it's like saying that women shouldn't have jobs or do what they want to do in their lives because then men won't want to date them, who gives a shit? Why would you tailor your life around being able to get dates instead of just doing what you want and living your life how you want to?
>>
>>37469120
healthy male friendships don't revolve around being emotional and needy. as men, it's a psychological requirement for you to build your own life. healthy male friends are people who have their own lives but find comfort and comradery in each others' company. this is something neets and people who live online don't understand because they're too far gone from being able to take care of themselves and live their own lives.

men cannot live their lives how they think they want, there's only one path that leads to a healthy and desirable conclusion, and that's not being a clingy faggot and running your own life
>>
I went to 2 schools, as a kid. A private, middle-class one, and a public/government, working-class one. At the private one, the sexes were essentially segregated, there was a strict hierarchy, and the male friendships were mostly shallow. Even when the friendships were deep, there wasn't much physical contact, aside from some high-fives. At the public one, the sexes mingled, and there was far less of a pecking-order. Sure, there were cliques, but it was totally fine to fraternise with people outside of your strata, and every person was welcome when it came to sport. Boys were very affectionate with their friends. Hugging was common. So were shoulder and back rubs.

Men have more rules placed on them. Especially, the higher their class is.
>>
>>37469120
>even though no one gives a shit at all and only thinks you're gay if you say you are and actually date men.
I understand you can't view it from our point since you're a woman, but this isn't the case at all - in male circles, guys WILL antagonize you and push you away from the group if you ever show signs of femininity, including merely being shy. This may not be the case in the kind of elitist circles of promising university students that make up a lot of the r9k audience, but it is the definitive situation of low-value, low-prestige male groups that are the only option to NEETs and wageslaves.
>>
>>37469066
what are you talking about?

are you in middle school?

every jock around the world is close with his teammates to the point of sleeping in the same bed or taking showers together without having any issues with their sexuality or reputation.

every nerd has some group of losers that he spends all day with and sometimes sleeps over at LAN parties or whatever.

are you just talking about how men are less likely to talk about their emotions with other dudes? yeah, because they're men. what the fuck is wrong with you? we don't care about our emotions, there are highs and lows in life and that's natural. if we get down we know it's a problem with a solution. by the way it's easier to talk about those emotions with girls or professionals, because 1. we don't want to burden our close friends and 2. other people who know you less can do a better job of looking at the bigger picture.

this thread pisses me off. talking about your "emotions" isn't necessarily being open or close, it's usually just attention whoring. for a man, 99% of the time he's saying what he "feels" he's lying to you in some half assed bid to get easy sex or sympathy. when we feel very comfortable with somebody, the only thing we end up talking about which we normally don't are our aspirations for the future and maybe politics.
>>
>>37469120
>Maybe like 50-75 years ago it was totally fine for men to do this, before being gay was normal.
This was not the case even back when gays were a tiny group with no representation, you underestimate how quickly guys with a macho bent will label any other man as gay or sissy or girly for the smallest signs of being a human being instead of a Rambo cut-out

Happens less in more progressive circles like artists, happens a lot in more macho circles like construction workers or soldiers though it is normal for men to shower as a group with no dividing partitions in some situations such as in a military barracks
>>
>>37469225
Rules that they place on themselves

>>37469321
>men do this thing to themselves
Why do you even care? Just don't be friends with guys who are like that then, problem solved
>>
>>37469198
lol no

I'm not a NEET I'm a woman, and being friends means being close with someone, sharing things you wouldn't share with other people you aren't as close to, that includes sharing your emotions. And then it includes being there for you or being there for them when needed, and that includes when you need emotional support. Friends are not just people who happen to be in your life and you hang out with, that could be anyone.
>>
>>37469066
Because we dont fuckin care
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.