[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the worst piece of advice and why is it "just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: sPVXnUB.png (791KB, 584x596px) Image search: [Google]
sPVXnUB.png
791KB, 584x596px
what is the worst piece of advice and why is it "just be yourself"
>>
its unironically great advice.

"be yourself" stands for awareness. In order words, it's saying "be awareness".
>>
>just be yourself
>get shit for being what you think you should be
>be what they think of you
>"See? I was right about anon"
>>
>>37443182
When people say "be yourself" what they really mean is "don't give a fuck".

When you go full nihilism, nothing matters.
When nothing matters, ree at people and not give a fuck.
>>
>>37443182
Note that hanging off Chad is pretty much the exact opposite of "being yourself". So if your pic was meant to prove something, you failed.
>>
>>37443198
Where the fuck in god's kingdom did you come to that conclusion? Be yourself means just going with what you feel right and letting you be you. It has nothing to do with awareness. Being aware would be more akin to the opposite of yourself, since you're taking in your surroundings to modify your behaviours, rather than use the behaviours that make you you.
>>
>>37443182
i look like something between these two guys

if i stand between them it will look like a transformation, from fat ugly dork to chad
>>
>>37443182
''Be yourself'' is a phrase the describe the epitome of stoicism.>>37443198 As this guy said, be aware of your flaws and things that you cant change and focus on things you can improve.Only then you'll achieve the peace of mind since you'll be peaceful towards yourself and when you no longer hate yourself, you will stop being a bitter person towards everything.

Every person seek to achieve greatness, but only a few seek to become a true individual.
>>
>>37443182
>and why is it "just be yourself"
because some people honestly shouldn't be themselves
>>
>>37443182
Move on
>want some fuk nigga
>>
>>37443182
that kid is fat he should be told to lose weigh and then be himself
>>
>>37443182
If guy on left lost some weight, grew a beard, dropped the glasses and stopped showing teeth he'd go from 3 to 7 easily. He just gave up.
>>
>>37445335
>if the guy on the left wasn't himself he would be more attractive
>>
>>37445378
Be yourself isn't literally about being yourself you fucking mong
>>
File: 1495161899836.png (367KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1495161899836.png
367KB, 634x634px
"Be yourself" is the best advice. Why pretend to be someone you're not? If you don't like yourself, then change, don't pretend. And no, being yourself doesn't guarantee you any success in life, this isn't the point. The point is that, for example, if you ever find girl that is interested in you, then you'll know for a fact that she's interested in YOU and not some faux caricature that you've created for yourself, and then the relationship will go well. The problem with normalfags is that they're all fake so they get into relationships with masks on, and once they come off the relationship goes to shit because whatever it was that they were selling to each other turned out not to be true. What good is a relationship in which you're deceiving each other?
>>
>>37445378
>people are 100% static and never change or improve themselves
>>
File: 14816590327980.jpg (104KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
14816590327980.jpg
104KB, 500x637px
you should become yourself before you can be yourself
>>
>>37443730
I feel like I've started this last year. My anxiety disappeared and I'm more comfortable with myself.
>>
They're clearly a fag couple. I bet guy in the left gets banged a lot.
>>
>>37445620
Nah he is clearly the top. Look at how he has his arm around chad. Dominating him
>>
>>37445335
The guy on the left is short.

A muscular short man with a nice haircut has as much as chance attracting a woman as a obese short man.
>>
File: 1482198221441.jpg (48KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1482198221441.jpg
48KB, 499x499px
>>37443182
unironically me on the right, except I'm better looking

>tfw be yourself works for you
>>
>>37445556
Because no girl would love a degenerate like you?
>>
>>37446545
Then change yourself or stop complaining? You're not entitled to a gf.
>>
File: PXDEgVH.png (910KB, 1076x1062px) Image search: [Google]
PXDEgVH.png
910KB, 1076x1062px
>>37443182
You should aim to be the best version of yourself, not the current one. Chances are if you're on this board you're current self isn't attractive
>>
>>37447546
Your* sorry lads
>>
>>37443182
I agree. Don't be yourself. Be better than yourself.

Meditate, put your mind at ease, find what it is you want to become, and then be it.

No amount of pain, embarassment or even death can live up to a lifetime of regret.
>>
>>37443595
Underrated post, not to mention quite original
>>
>>37443198
>>37443730
Kek that's not what it means. "Be yourself" IS great advice, it's by far the best thing you can do to attract others. But what it actually means is, let others see who you are, don't be shy and reserved, don't shut real self off, express yourself, let your personality show, and people will become interested.
>>
>>37447744
this, it's impossible to like an overly shy or quiet person, because there is nothing to like. it's just nothing. being yourself is the opposite of that, it means to be SOMEONE.
>>
File: 1277262387485.jpg (11KB, 249x213px) Image search: [Google]
1277262387485.jpg
11KB, 249x213px
>It will just happen
>You'r just late to the party
>mfw
>>
>>37445556
The greatest thing about the expectation is the expectation itself, when you get what you want you either feel nothing or feel the need to have more desires.

Almost no one would accept someone for being who they really are. This is because almost everyone lives with constant expectatives and desires when satisfaction itself is an illusion.

By being yourself you'll find someone who appreciates you for being who you really are, but tell me: in your whole life, have you found anyone who was satisfied with someone or anything in general? My personal answer to this very same question is simply no.

All the boyfriends and girlfriends will always want to change something in their partner's personality or physical appearence.
>>
>>37447546
>Chances are if you're on this board you're current self isn't attractive
On the inside yes
>>
File: 1486097734443.jpg (95KB, 850x506px) Image search: [Google]
1486097734443.jpg
95KB, 850x506px
>>37443182
>You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself
I hate this one because the people that say this are always normalfags who've gotten everything they've ever wanted and coasted through life with no mental disorders, genetically-determined physical appearance issues, etc. They tell people who've been rejected, mocked, ostracized and ignored to stop feeling sorry for themselves when their entire lives have been nothing but fun, intimacy and excitement. This one piece of "advice" always fucking gets to me.
>>
Just cure your autism and show your Chad self. It would work if you could act like it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.