[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The 1990's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 55392ca04a988.image.jpg (78KB, 620x408px) Image search: [Google]
55392ca04a988.image.jpg
78KB, 620x408px
why do I get so sad seeing video or thinking about the 90's?

It was the final decade before everything went to shit after 9/11, it changed everything, it feels much warmer then todays society

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT4lDU-QLUY&spfreload=10
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aiGSbSp3GE&spfreload=10
>>
>>37421106
because that was the last of the good times
>>
Yeah I get this super weird nostalgia about it too. I wish I could have been a freshman in college in 1999. Idk. At the same time I think we're living in pretty awesome times now too. I just hate always being hyper connected to people via smartphones. I wish I could go back and relive my high school and college days in the late 90s right before shit hit the fan.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg&t=1
>>
File: 8-non-farm-job-growth[1].png (10KB, 458x309px) Image search: [Google]
8-non-farm-job-growth[1].png
10KB, 458x309px
>>37421191
my freshman year of college was 1999-2000. the closest thing we had to facebook/twitter was aol instant messenger.

i finished in 2002. no one was hiring. it took forever to find a job.

the main thing i miss is how much smaller, smarter, friendlier, and less money-hungry the internet was. the internet is too full of retards and business chodes now.
>>
>tfw you will never be a young german 90's Love Parade raver

https://youtu.be/bc7EYqjWi3w
>>
I'll just slowly post some random shit.

Northampton, UK, 1993
>>
>>37421644

I want to think the internet went to shit in 2005 when all the normies got brought in with myspace. Before that it was a pretty comfy little robot enclave.
>>
File: chaostage-676846l.jpg (658KB, 1198x800px) Image search: [Google]
chaostage-676846l.jpg
658KB, 1198x800px
Chaostage Punk Festival, Hannover, 1995
>>
the 90s were just as terrible
what are you talking about
it just had really good tv everyone watched at the same time to get brainwashed into not caring about things and feeling culturally connected to each other
that part was nice
>>
>>37423305
but trust me, the reality sucked just as much. there is just no accurate portrayal of life then because mainstream media was different and could get away with being a lot faker before social media let average people call them out.
now is much better.
>>
i feel like that one episode of the simpsons where homer goes into the real world captures the comfiness of the 90's the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0J5pdrtV94
>>
>>37421106
also dude you're getting nostalgic over a demo video designed to make you want to buy something because it makes you feel good
like wake the fuck up
this video was shot and edited to give you those feelings
>>
>>37423359
I remember when this was released. Makes me feel a bit stupid to remember how excited I was. The Simpson's are a hollow she'll of what they used to be; that show really should have ended with the 90's.
>>
>>37423359
are you sure you're not just nostalgic for the look of things shot on film before being transferred to video? every time you made a copy of film or video it degraded slightly, meaning the rough edges would disappear and give everything a smoother than reality look
>>
>>37423485
after a few copies too many the quality goes to shit though
it also looks warmer than today because they hadn't invented the color grading technology people use to give film/tv weird cool colors or overly contrasted blues and oranges for effect today, and people didn't used to be as obsessed with getting things perfectly digitally in focus
>>
>>37421106
Basically yes. The 1990s were the height of *all* history.
>>
>>37423587
but anyhow the reality of the 90s sucked
all i remember from that decade is adults complaining about how lame it was but that at least it wasn't the 80s which everyone seemed to agree sucked even more
in the 90s they were nostalgic for the 70s before corporations all merged together and started lobbying for deregulation so they could begin screwing over the country
>>
>>37423652
at least the smart people who knew what was happening anyhow
i grew up near DC, everyone was kind of like why are we doing these things? then a decade later shit hit the fan
so be nostalgic for the 70s, pre-reagan
>>
>>37421861
I was, it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. 90s berlin and especially the loveparade were extremly fucking aweome.
Not Berlin has completly gone to shit like really bad. Berlin was bad before compared to other cities but now its actually really dangerous to go out at night alone. Thankfully I still know all the thugs from my neighbourhood since I was really small so im under protection. But man the fugee niggers are really not human.
>>
everything went to shit in 50s/60s
-actual 80s child
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.