[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel lost. I know that religion is bullshit and never genuine,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: hajj.jpg (1022KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
hajj.jpg
1022KB, 3648x2736px
I feel lost. I know that religion is bullshit and never genuine, but I'm so desperate for a purpose in life that I'm considering adopting a faith. I have always been really intrigued by Islam. I was watching videos of Hajj recently and found myself captivated by the sense of community and the people's devotion. At the same time, it was really upsetting to see so many desperate and miserable individuals latch onto some faulty faith because it gives them hope. And then I realized I'm just as desperate and miserable as these people and that maybe religion is the best coping mechanism. I'm willing to believe their lies if it means that I feel happier. I want to feel a sense of hope, and that a higher power is always watching over me, but I feel like I won't get anything out of spirituality if I don't believe wholeheartedly in it.

How do I convince myself in a higher power and spirituality?
>>
it's not about trying to lie to yourself to believe in a higher power. it's about directly experiencing that higher power so that you whole heatedly KNOW it exists. meditate. get into that transcendent system that sort of puts you "above" thought. you'll see. you'll feel it.
>>
>>37420364
Joining some religion isn't going to help you find your purpose anon. The only person who can do that is you.
>>
>>37420364
>people only believe because they need something to escape from reality

lel, anon, just lel. you havent understood the concept of really believing in god.

look, i dont actually like to fast or to grow my beard and most of the things islam makes you do, but I believe in Allah and do what islam commands and thats the most important thing.

dont join any religion if you dont have any faith in god. those people didnt join this religion because they were "desperate" and shit
>>
>>37420364
Just fucking kill yourself if you're thinking of joining Islam OP we don't need anymore mudslimes on this planet.

You can be spiritual and believe there is more to our existence without believing weird religious dogma about the moon (Allah) being God.

Look up spirituality and how to be more spiritual.
>>
File: 1495724524534.png (10KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1495724524534.png
10KB, 420x420px
>>37420364
Brother, that feeling you feel is a result of decoupling your heart from your mind. Faith is an integral part of the human spirit, the mind is what allows you to implement it in the real world. What you've been doing is destroying your spirit with your mind leading you to slowly destroy yourself

I recommend that you read some literature by Islamic scholars, the Quran has been proven to be the most scientifically accurate holy book

If you have any questions (in good faith) you should visit your local sheik and he might be able to help you
>>
If you come out of babby's first existential crisis a Muslim, is it safe to say you failed the test?
>>
If you only look at things wondering what is the use of them, of course you'll ask what is the use of life? But life will never get any better by exploiting it, and the only reason you're asking this question is because life has become burdensome.
>>
>>37420748
>If you come out of babby's first existential crisis a Muslim, is it safe to say you failed the test?

no, it means he passed. Islam is nihilistic so it's by definition an inconvenient truth.
>>
File: 7tid7tjd.png (184KB, 454x336px) Image search: [Google]
7tid7tjd.png
184KB, 454x336px
if you consider islam. try killing yourself by strapping bomb on you and killing jews
>>
Alright who wanna Da'wah on fucking 4chan
>>
File: 0061.jpg (45KB, 379x581px) Image search: [Google]
0061.jpg
45KB, 379x581px
My sis brought me to one bhuddist center to introduce me to meditation years ago and it helped me a lot for many things, among which controlling my emotions. I'd probably be dead or very mentally ill if it weren't for that. If you're interested I'd tell you to check if you have one center anywhere near: https://www.diamondway-buddhism.org/diamondway-buddhist-centers/

There you could ask for information or join a group meditation if you want. You should ask for this small blue booklet with the meditation text, which you may or may not have to pay for a small amount (those centers are non-profit, a small donation wouldn't kill you either).

My take on this is that you shouldn't consider it a "religion" in the strict sense. Loosely defined, anyone who trains their mind to achieve a higher state of consciousness, be it with meditation or whatever else, is a bhuddist too, without regard whether he acknowledges or not or whether is already member of another religion.

If you show actual interest they will tell you what is meditation and how much it can help you in your life.
>>
File: Karma Kagyu.gif (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Karma Kagyu.gif
11KB, 200x200px
>>37422489
Also the text: https://file.wikileaks.org/file/ole-nydahl-diamond-way-buddhism-cult-teachings/diamond-way-16th-karmapa.pdf
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.