[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys write? What do you write? Would you be interested

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 1447637567889.jpg (160KB, 550x895px) Image search: [Google]
1447637567889.jpg
160KB, 550x895px
Any of you guys write? What do you write? Would you be interested in showing it or talking about the things we write on a discord or so? Im tired of having no one to talk about my novels. Also im willing to read your stuff and give opinions.
>>
I dont write but I would be interested in hearing about your novels anon.
>>
>>37419052
>be in creative writing class
>start semester with the goal of writing a novel (or at least part of one)
>do nothing but look at memes for most of the semester
>do 10 pages of actual writing
I fucking hate myself sometimes
>>
File: 1450463259988.jpg (80KB, 320x428px) Image search: [Google]
1450463259988.jpg
80KB, 320x428px
>>37419092
Okay lets do it as a game.
You wake up in a room. There are six doors.

1) The first door is white, normal, it has a little window that shows the sky and a drawing of a plane.
2) The second door is just an entrance covered with a big ass stone.
3) The third door its just made of bars and behind it you can see a beautiful garden full of fruits and flowers.
4) The fourth door has an electrical feeling to it and its very colorful. You can listen some faint music coming from there.
5) The fifth door is made of stone, and has the drawing of an eye in the middle. There are runes and drawings of snakes and other monsters imprinted on it.
6) The sixth door is composed of white and black squares. It is completely symmetrical.

Which one would you choose?
>>
>>37419191
Fourth door, it seems the most interesting to me
>>
>>37419191
door 1
>>
File: 1472596812665.png (878KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1472596812665.png
878KB, 800x1131px
>>37419237
Well you get to face Metei-La-Ma.
Its not a fun monster, its just a big muscled ogre-woman like creature with pink hair that tries to beat the shit out of you and you just have to kill her. It hits like a cannonball and tanks like a... tank.
Its the only door without any sort of game.

>>37419247
Once you open the door there is just an abyss after it. Pure sky and clouds.

If you dont fall to your death and go back to the room in time, you get to face Bastet, a little plushie cat with a cape. Its not a fight though, you have to beat him in a game of words. He says a sentence, you have to repeat it while adding a word or more, then he repeats yours adding another word, and so on until one of you forgets the entire sentence or gets it wrong. You can beat him if you have a good memory.

In the story however they just cheat on him.
>>
>>37419337
alright lets assume i beat the cat somehow, what next?
>>
>>37419052
Well yeah I'd be up for that sort of things, usually I lack somebody who gives me an opinion of my stuff because I'm too anxious to show friends or people I know. I kinda wanna improve.
>>
>>37419367
well you have to beat all the six guardians anyways
and then you are free, or so it says the bloody note left in the main room

but thats actually not true
let me see if i can explain it quickly
>>
File: 1486291985725.jpg (233KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1486291985725.jpg
233KB, 850x1202px
>>37419052
>Any of you guys write?
I do, I've been writing shit for years, I'm not the best but I've finally started working on two books that I plan on eventually trying to get published. They're both different takes on the same setting, the first is a better more complete concept, the second eventually just turned to erotica and I no longer have any idea who the audience is for but I feel like I could salvage it and turn it into a decent YA novel that leftists would love. I'm not really up for sharing too much since I'm too critical of myself and it'd just make me more self conscious but I could share the basic plots if anyone's interested.
>>
File: 9b2b5b488d49966c36a2b9efbc2859dd.jpg (507KB, 750x1060px) Image search: [Google]
9b2b5b488d49966c36a2b9efbc2859dd.jpg
507KB, 750x1060px
>>37419454

ok let me see it goes like this. Ill just tell it all and you ignore me i need to. Six people wake up in that room with that note (KILL THE GUARDIANS AND FREEDOM AWAITS): protagonist, a creepy killer guy, violent goth chick, air pilot in suit, emo soldier teenager, little girl. There are seven doors, the ones i mentioned and another that they cant open and they assume its the exit.
-They open the first door and the cat plushie, Bastet appears. Bastet kills the creepy killer guy but they defeat him via cheating (Protagonists makes Bastet speak in surprise when its his turn of repeating the sentence, etc, long to explain).
-On the second door they realize that since the note was hastily written and with blood, the one responsible to write it must be bleeding. But no one is bleeding (and the killer guy corpse dissapeared so they cant see if it was him). The second door leads to a desert with a huge tower they must climb. The tower ends up being a giant worm and the second guardian, Jogurmand. They beat it.
-The third door (the garden one) leads to a game of daruma-san with Uriel, a creepy angel-like guardian. Protagonist gets killed here. Protagonist then wakes up in the main room, but in the past (like when they began). Killer guy is here, he explains to protagonist that they are all dead already and just souls in a time loop, and if they all die without killing the guardians they wake up in the beggining of the loop and restart again. If they kill the guardians they will be free. But there is a demon amongst them.
-The rest (air pilot, emo, little girl, goth) discover another note with a different firm, telling them to just burn the exit door. They do it and it opens: its not an exit, but a closet with a tied up bleeding girl in there. The girl dies.
>>
File: 011a6d52a8181d28eb08288c3975b55f.jpg (473KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
011a6d52a8181d28eb08288c3975b55f.jpg
473KB, 800x1131px
>>37419781
-The fourth door its Metei, our ogre woman. They kill her. Killer guy reveals to protagonist that they can comunicate with the future part of the loop (the others) via the guardian rooms, since they are timeless. So they decide to join the others as soon as another door opens. The fifth door opens.
-Killer guy and protagonist appear and save the others from the fifth guardian, the Scarlet King, a very insane creature that makes them play a game of dont step in the lava. Goth and emo die. They kill the creature. Killer guy reveals that the creatures are actually born from them, from their memories. When they die, the criatures feed on their memories and become like that. He knows this because his creature (the last Guardian) didnt feed and actually told him this. They are there because they decided to be there, they are dead, they decided to trap a demon forever with their souls. The demon is one of them, they dont remember who but they are six, (counting the tied girl on the closet) so one is left.
-The others dont trust killer guy, think he is the demon and wants to keep them trapped. They go to the last guardian room, the black and white one. Its a game of human sized chess. Air pilot dies, only the little girl is left alive in the main room.
-Meanwhile in the past version of the main room, protagonists reveals he is the demon. He wanted all the guardians dead to be free, but he also needed at least one of the persons to be alive in order to escape without the loop restarting and the guardians reviving again. The room starts breaking. Killer guy knows this, reveals the made the note about burning the closet: the rest (sans the little girl) respawn but with their memories since the guardians are not absorving them. They fight the demon and lose.
-Little girl in the future! main room dies because they manage to kill her via connected guardian rooms.
>>
File: 52a2061f7e8a0a4cea12b4d605a261de.jpg (180KB, 1024x1470px) Image search: [Google]
52a2061f7e8a0a4cea12b4d605a261de.jpg
180KB, 1024x1470px
>>37419795
-Demon escape plan thwarted since the loop restarts. After a long long talk and revealing that the loop has been going on for an hilariously long time and that none of them has any idea of whats going on outside, they decide to just make up peace and live in there. The end.

It sounds terrible like this i know but i think its fun. I have better novels written though but they arent as fun.
>>
>>37419807
not bad anon
has anything youve written been published?
>>
>>37419052
The only thing I have/am written/writing is a novel. It's cringy imo and it needs a lot of revisions before I do anything with it, but it's a semi-biographical novel that revolves around my brown fetish.
>>
i write poetry if it counts :3 i love feedback and discussing it! pls be my writing buddy!
>>
>>37420046
No, i never really tried. Its just so tiresome to me. But now i might because im so tired of having no one to talk about my novels. Maybe getting readers would change things.
>>
>>37420097
Sorry im "against" most poetry. You seem like a good person though so if you want to give me your discord or email ill be happy.
>>
>>37419191
2nd door
>>
>>37419052
I wrote alternate-history roleplays about futuristic Japan, mostly politics with a side of socio-economics. That is, until the community where I used to do that decided to go back to 1932, and I had to discard my whole thing ;_;
>>
hell yeah a writing thread I'd love to share some stuff wi-

>erotica
>contemporary fantasy
>anime posters

nah nvm I'm out good luck fellas
>>
>>37420327
>he writes classic literature
>>>/lit/
faggot
>>
>>37420346
see the nice thing about writing is that there are more options than classical literature and fanfiction erotica

tell me more about your succubus self insert novel anon
>>
>>37420377
You see anon the fact that you immediately dismissed this thread because of anime posters let me know that your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>37419052
I work for a visual novel studio as their writer. My days are spent writing cheery comedy and romance stories. I get paid for it and I get to work from home, so I could definitely be doing worse.
>>
>>37420403
I listed 3 reasons though, amigo
but hey honestly it's good that you guys are writing so I can't be too negative even if I think it's all fanfiction-tier drivel
>>
>>37420513
>erotica
ctrl+f there's been one single mention of it other than you
>contemporary fantasy
Writing off the whole thing shows your a pretentious brainlet
>anime posters
Not a single anime poster in this thread, but dismissing anime shows you need to fuck off 4chan
>even if I think it's all fanfiction-tier drivel
No ones posted anything including you
Now fuck off to reddit or >>>/lit/
>>
>>37419052
Come to /lit/ faggot just don't be an idiot
>>
>>37420609
>>>/lit/ is cancer
>>
>>37420584
a dude a few posts up literally posted about his erotic novel that he wanted to retool into a YA novel. I don't have a problem with anime but opening a writing thread and then seeing a choose your adventure demon thing with anime images really let me down
you're pretty defensive, buckaroo, and I'm really not sure why. chillax
>>
I write a little. I try to make punchy lines, like so: "All that crawls upon the surface shall know the meaning of torment." Succinct, but somewhat flowery, s'what I go for. Is it nice? Idk myself. One day I'll write a play, once I get off these darned psychotropic drugs.
>>
>>37420832
wew this is a heckuva post, bravo
>>
>>37420781
Yes one post and no ones used anime images unless your so fucking oblivious that you think all drawn images are anime.

>you're pretty defensive, buckaroo, and I'm really not sure why. chillax
Because anti anime faggots have no place here fuck back off to reddit
>>
I've written some short stories. All erotica, mostly fanfic, although my most popular work is original. It's all niche content that you probably don't want to read (eg. furry) so I won't shill it here.

I don't enjoy writing, and I write only occasionally. Editing is an especially slow and painful slog. My main motivation is wanting the stuff I write to exist and knowing that it's never going to unless I write it myself. Watching the numbers on the AO3 stats page is nice too.
>>
>>37420858
That line I just came up with now. I'd rather not give away any better ones. ive practiced other styles like a dr seussian stream of consciousness but it wasn't meant to be. Some decent poems I've got too
>>
File: 1485608541889.png (634KB, 969x933px) Image search: [Google]
1485608541889.png
634KB, 969x933px
>>37420959
>It's all niche content that you probably don't want to read (eg. furry)
are you that anon that used to write bestiality stuff in creativity threads?
>>
>>37420993
No. It's all consenting adults of at least human level intelligence.
>>
>>37420906
if I put as much effort into my writing as you do defending japanese cartoons on the internet I'd be writing for the new yorker
and I hate to break it to you but I like anime, just not anime posters. big diff
>>
>>37421052
>just not anime posters. big diff
Sure thing reddit there's still not anime posters at this point you're just showing off your new
>>
>>37420832
>punchy lines
Very important IMO. I pay close attention to readability metrics and style guides. I assume all my readers are heavily distracted and will close the tab at the slightest difficulty. Reading is hard work, and I want to make it as easy as possible.

But I don't blindly follow style rules. Imagine the opening sentence of Pride & Prejudice in active voice -- the joke wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>37421066
you see the guy like 5 posts up who posted about beastiality? that's where this thread is going
and I appreciate your efforts to revive the late 2000s imageboard experience with the reddit boogeyman posting, really brings me back
>>
>>37421150
Sure thing reddit enjoy getting triggered by real anime posters in the next thread you enter
>>
>>37421164
as long as it's not a writing thread, sure man
I'm sure you'll get your honorary golden pochaco from the japanese government for your service, keep it up
>>
>>37421120
I guess we mean different things. I'm not bending my work to suit an audience desu. I just think that, in movies, the moment to moment action is far greater than the sum, or the story or whatever. If I can capture that magic, I'll be on to something. So I mostly write little pieces for now, although I do have a story in mind. I try to create wordplay, or less often present a scenario in an emotional way, something like that. I dont read novels, my background is mainly movies. Not that I dislike reading, but I don't have the time right now. So that's where I'm coming from anyhow, in case you cared.
>>
>>37421362
>I'm not bending my work to suit an audience
As a lazy reader, I'm bending to an audience of myself. As I understand it, "punchy" means maximum emotional impact from minimal reading effort. Movies obviously have an advantage here. Getting the same effect with words is in interesting challenge.
>>
>>37421468
Ah, I see.

Originalbl0x
>>
I used to write erotic fanfiction if that counts for anything.
>>
I write about my dreams, and when I feel inspired I write about political and international relations theory, Nietzsche style
I would be interested in a writter's discord though, to read more and feel more inspired
>>
File: 1482280676318.jpg (52KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1482280676318.jpg
52KB, 500x471px
>>37422470
>I used to write erotic fanfiction if that counts for anything.
Only if you were good enough to be making money off of it
>>
>>37420906
>fanfic tier drivel
He's right you retard. All your "novels" are garbage and you don't know anything about writing. Literally writing for plot
>>
>>37422572
Tell us then anon, why is your writing or your favorite authors writing any better than someone who simply makes an enjoyable novel for others
>>
Quests over on that board. Not in the same ballpark as proper writing, but a lot of creative writing for sure.
>>
>>37419052
I just write cringy, pseudo-deep shit about my own life in a secret journal that nobody will ever read.
I used to write short stories too, but I lost interest in that.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.