[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>exchange students spending a year abroad >backpacking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 3.png (548KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
548KB, 583x435px
>exchange students spending a year abroad
>backpacking through europe, staying in hostels and working part-time jobs

Does anyone else get really sad for missing out on this? I heard some first hand stories about life like that and it seems like a great part of life. I feel so worthless because I never did it. Almost like I'll never be cool enough to even warrant talking to someone who did such a thing.

I don't know, ever since I found out that's a thing I can't stop thinking about it and feeling inadequate for being lame.
>>
Just go do it if you want to do it Anon. It's not like it's some crazy life changing experience. It's just a thing people do for fun.
>>
>>37377082
European here. Spent a year abroad in Asia. It was the best time of my life.
>>
>>37377105

Easier said than done. I am also too old for the authentic experience (28 soon).

There is something specific about it. All the stories I've heard from one person caused such a peculiar feeling inside of me. Part of it was some pathetic form of jealousy and the other part was a feeling of worthlessness. I can't explain it.
It is special, as you can see here >>37377127. The characters, the stories I've heard all sounded so "proper". I am definitely not capable to do it, nor was I ever, really. I am just left with this weird feeling of worthlessness and lameness because I couldn't do it.

I might be actually crazy because I'm obsessing so much about this part of life.
>>
>>37377127

How much total would I have to save to do something like that? I don't want to now but maybe later in the future
>>
>>37377082
i can relate, anon. everytime i open instagram, i'm jealous
>>
>>37377082
I'm more sad that I won't be able to enjoy a non-Muslim Paris ever again.
>>
>>37377082
Traveling alone is not fun, OP.
>>
>>37377127
Was it for school or...? Which countries did you go to, how long did you spend in each one? I want to do this too.
>>
>>37377082
Everything's fun if you find it fun.
Everything's a fucking chore if you have anhedonia.
If I missed out on anything it's the time I exactly knew how I would like to spend money. Nowadays I'm not even sure if I want a better PC because I don't play too often.
>>
I'm travelling in southeast Asia since almost 7 month.
If you think you are too old to do it you are wrong. I meet tons of people that are in their late 20 to early 30. Sometimes even people who are older than 40. Most of the time I am the youngest with 20.
>>
>>37377687

They usually meet someone at those hostels or temporary residences and then continue traveling with them.
>>
Same guy from >>37377937

>>37377127
What exactly do you mean with authentic experience. You are far from too old.

>>37377508
It strongly depends on where you go. I went to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam. I spend around 500 to 800 U.S. dollar per month but I know people who spend much less.
It also depends what you wanna do. If you do tours or go to island it will be more expensive.
>>
>backpacking through europe, staying in hostels and working part-time jobs
If your country is in the EU its quite easy to do this. Just get an interrail pass and go for it
>>
>>37378133
There is absolute no reason why you wouldn't. I drove a motorbike through Laos, took about the weeks, with somebody I meet two weeks earlier in Myanmar. He is 27.
The age really doesn't matter.
>>
It feels good man. Im going to study abroad in japan soon and im looking forward to it
>>
>>37378229
>>37378202
>>37378185

Well, to be honest, I might just be a pussy that likes to complain about life. Even if I magically gathered the courage to do it, I would still feel fake, because I'd be thinking about doing it more than actually enjoying doing it.

I think my whole obsession with this stems from my insecurity that I'm not good enough for being in a relationship with someone who did exactly that. It makes me feel insecure and that I have nothing to offer, because the person I'm with seemed to have met so many interesting people by doing that. Somehow I equal traveling, staying at hostels, working odd jobs with being a person good enough for a relationship. The opposite of lame.
>>
>>37377082
Yep, maybe not for a year, but hiking, backpacking and hitch-hiking are my jam
I'm too old already and compared to my peers I haven't seen or travelled shit
Going alone is dangerous for a roastie, finding random people with similar travel destinaion is pointless bc I can't connect with people and would ruin this for the both or more of us
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.