[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw I have been getting progressively lonelier as time passes.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1436860221769.png (86KB, 262x281px) Image search: [Google]
1436860221769.png
86KB, 262x281px
>Tfw I have been getting progressively lonelier as time passes.
>Tfw slowly watching my circle of "friends" dwindle away in front of my eyes
>Soon I'll have nothing left
>Then all the normies hit you with the "get out of your comfort zone" meme

I want off this ride
>>
As someone who browsed r9k obsessively around 2010 and then took that normie "out of comfort zone advice" I gotta say it is solid advice.

Now have gf, job, hobbies besides computers, friends all across nation, and I check r9k maybe once a year to see how things are.
>>
but maybe you have some debilitating circumstance I do not understand, in which case you have my sympathy.
>>
>>37355273
Can you describe what loneliness feels like? Who the fuck actually craves human contact rather than fearing it?
>>
>>37355329

The problem is that when normies say "get out of your comfort zone" 90% of them have never left their comfort zones themselves. The comfort zone they were born into just so happened to the the socially acceptable one.
>>
>>37355379

OP here

Best way I can describe it without going into pedantic details is like a gradual desaturation of the world around you. As if the colors on the computer monitor that you are using to view this thread inched themselves ever closer to black and white with each passing day.

I've gone from a relatively happy person to a bitter asshole who morosely remembers the past. All I want is to have unique experiences again without having to rely upon mind altering substances to achieve them.
>>
Look up Americorps NCCC OP, it might be the unique experience w/ out mind altering substances that you seek.
>>
>>37355329
I've tried that but it always blows up in my face, or at best nothing besides some okay small-talk happens.
>>
>>37355381
But that's just bitterness, Anon.
They would learn and gain from stepping out of their comfort zone, too.
not trying to be mean but this is some tumblr shit you are saying my man
>>
>>37356893
It doesn't happen over night. It took me years of making a just an anxious wreck to get where I am now. If there is one lesson I have learned, it is that most people have awkward interactions every day, it is just part of the modern world, and try to remember that if/when you "bomb" a conversation. Plus, changing requires more than just chatting with people, it requires taking on new hobbies, new habits, maybe traveling, maybe volunteering, it involves gathering new experiences at a rapid pace.
>>
>>37355273
Don't wait until it's too late. Don't become like me.
>>
>>37355273
Get out of your comfort zone. Now.
>>
>>37358063
Uno momento
Not until this frog has downed one, maybe two, cups of cafe
>>
>>37355329
>Go to mall
>Challenge myself to say hi to literally any girl
>Don't
>>
>>37357971
>it doesn't happen overnight
It hasn't happened in 5 years either. I volunteer for food bank work as well. It just isn't happening.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.