[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I know if I have meme depression or real depression?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1486138792277.jpg (36KB, 599x693px) Image search: [Google]
1486138792277.jpg
36KB, 599x693px
How do I know if I have meme depression or real depression?
>>
You would know if you had real depression. You would really know.
>>
real depression is meme depression
>>
Depends on how you define depression. If you even ask that question(for a few months) you at least have mild depression.
>>
>>37350185
You have meme depression. Trust me, I have a doctorate in memology.
>>
>>37350185
Take one of those depression tests and answer honestly. I think you already know the answer to the question you're asking.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170529-093809.png (275KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170529-093809.png
275KB, 1440x2560px
>>37350280

I always get a high depression score on those but I feel like they're made so normies can circlejerk about being depressed
>>
If youre not an attention seeker youll always be asking yourself that until the day you finally plan to off yourself.
>>
>>37350185
if you start seriously considering suicide, you have real depression

anything else is just meme tier normie "depression"
>>
all depression = meme depression
>>
>>37350185
You have to eat healthy, abstain from the internet and exercise for 2 weeks straight, if you're still feeling suicidal you have non-meme depression. Online quizzes are a meme, so are anti-depressants and talking about it to your friends.
>>
File: 1480985190635.jpg (48KB, 438x636px) Image search: [Google]
1480985190635.jpg
48KB, 438x636px
>>37350634
I consider suicide everyday but I'll probably never do it because I don't want to ruin my family's life

>>37350690
>friends

LMAO
>>
>>37350572
If you answered honestly to most of those questions I would say you should at least try to talk to a therapist.

I'm honestly in a pretty similar boat to you. I feel like I should probably get help. When I sit down and look at the situation I know I'm looking at either a lifetime of dealing with this or I'll end up offing myself.

I usually end up talking myself out of going to a therapist. It seems like such a dumb thing to go to a doctor for. It's not like when you're sick and you can tell you're sick because you feel worse than before. I've felt like this for as long as I remember. It seems like this is just the way things are and I don't know what a therapist will do.
>>
>>37350738
>friends
>LMAO

yeah i realised as soon as i hit Post lol
>>
>>37350738
>I consider suicide everyday but I'll probably never do it because I don't want to ruin my family's life

this sentiment is hilarious to me

guess what: it's your family's (read: your single mother's) fault you're suicidal
>>
>>37350775
I've always had trouble understanding that sentiment. It's not necessarily because I don't care about my family and the thought of them finding me does make me sad, but ultimately it doesn't really matter because I would be dead anyway. Not like I will actually be aware of how sad they are feeling.
>>
>>37350775
project much lmao
>>
>>37350185
how to know if you have meme depression or real depression?
>meme depression:
are you a woman? if you are then you have meme depression
do you tell people irl you have depression?
if you do you have meme depression

>real depression.
you stop going outside because you think it doesn't worth it.
you stop playing agame or doing something you like because its "tiresome".
you don't show interest in money not because you're not greedy its because you think its less complicated.
when you have nothing to do you just sleep because sleep or awake you'll do nothing.
you evade conflicts and just agreed to whatever your family/friends say.
you don't have plans for the future (except suicide).
you don't know what you like/hate.
>>
>>37350826
I can't bring myself to be that selfish.Yes, I would be dead and it obviously wouldn't matter to me (assuming there's no afterlife) but they would still have to live with being the parents/siblings of that kid who killed himself and I don't want that for them.

>>37350775
It's not though, they did/do everything they can to help me. It's entirely my fault. I'm just very bad at being a human and I'm currently doing jack shit to get better
>>
>>37350185
try to kill yourself.

>if you back out of it, you're sick with the meme depression
>if you succeed and die or fail at killing yourself because you fucked something up, you have real depression
It's that simple.
>>
>>37350775
Also ,I should add, I wasn't raised by a single mother, my family is completely normal.

>>37351011

Read >>37350738
>>
>>37351113
>caring about your family at all when you're supposedly in an infinite abyss of pain and torment
yeah i'm diagnosing you with memester depressive disorder
>>
>>37351008
pretty much this, i think about suicide every day.
>>
>>37351008
this is a good summary
real depression actually goes well beyond wanting to kill yourself
in the pit of severe depression you don't really think about killing yourself because you're not really thinking about anything except maybe how long before you physically have to leave your bed
most suicidal tendencies happen on the downswing or upswing when you still have a modicum of energy to think or do something destructive
>>
>>37351008
This right here my man is the original truth.
>>
>>37350185
you don't masturbate for 6 months, and if you still feel depressed you're sick
>>
>>37351508

I've been masturbating several times a day for years man, I'd probably die if I did that
>>
>>37351566
when I was not meme depressed I could only muster up the energy to crank one out like once every 2 weeks, and even then it was mostly out of necessity
>>
>>37350185
r u european descent?
>>
>>37351740

my dad is portuguese and my mother is brazilian, but what does it have to do with anything?
>>
>>37351008
that me right there, real depression
>>
File: 1489169141154.png (36KB, 865x526px) Image search: [Google]
1489169141154.png
36KB, 865x526px
if you are good enough to post here you don't have real depression
>>
File: 31399_900.jpg (216KB, 900x801px) Image search: [Google]
31399_900.jpg
216KB, 900x801px
>>37351566
you won't die, you will start to live. Right now you're dying several times a day, if you stop, it will be really tough, but after 3 months you'll feel energized.
>>
>>37351008
>tfw stopped going to library to study because it's tiring to walk
>quit WoW because realised it's a shitty game i only play to escape real life struggles, quit OW cus no one to play with, just sit and F5 vg threads without actually playing the games
>don't spend a single money on anything but the occasional family member birthdaygift
>sleep about 12 hours a day, still always tired
>avoid any form of confrontation about how uni's going because i know it'll make them worried as they are starting to see that i dont study at all
>think of getting job but would rather an hero because i have no motivation to wake up, earn money, or anything productive really
only thing preventing me from killing myself is my family, i have no reason to be feeling this shit but myself to blame for not dealing with real stuff(studies, work, health)
i can feel how disappointed my dad is, and my mother is starting to get disappointed too, i dont think i can take it when my younger siblings realise how much of a failure their elder brother is, the thought of it has made me cry
>>
>>37350690
but i cant get out of bed cuz i am depressed anon
>>
>>37350690
>DUDE GYM LMAO
fuck off
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.