[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overpopulation is eventually going to destroy the entire world

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: tmp_6882-1864603769.jpg (94KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6882-1864603769.jpg
94KB, 852x480px
Overpopulation is eventually going to destroy the entire world and nobody anywhere seems to be discussing it.
>>
Yeah, and so is the Sun.
>>
>>37344080
Retarded fucking point
>>
The US has a very low population growth rate. most of the growth we get is from immigrants like yours truly
Post industrial countries approach 0% growth rate. This is the overall trend. As India and China develop, growth rates will decline, and populations will increase slower.

If you are so concerned about something Anon, do some research yourself instead of posting that here.
>>
>>37344224
That is patently wrong. "Post-industrial" civilizations have the benefit of developing technology and medicine far enough that the combined population can basically out-wit mother nature's toll on people.

The easier and the more comfortable life gets, the more people feel a sense of security and the less risks they have to take. This leads to prolonged life and a population that thrives beyond the supportive capabilities of the space wr occupy. If you're trying to argue that population growth will somehow just stop someday, you are fucking dumb. We are at the top of the food chain, there is nothing but ourselves that can stop us until eventually we literally take up more space and use more resources than the Earth can support. This is really just basic natural logic, it's not complicated.
>>
>>37344424
>basic natural logic
it's not what's happening now, so how about you back your apocalyptic ramblings up with proof
>>
File: 1489977601391.jpg (20KB, 412x352px) Image search: [Google]
1489977601391.jpg
20KB, 412x352px
>>37344061
>and nobody anywhere seems to be discussing it.

yeah, because we're all going to be dead before that point. woah
>>
File: kid_shit.jpg (52KB, 535x411px) Image search: [Google]
kid_shit.jpg
52KB, 535x411px
>>37344061

> TFW you wish you could make X% of the world randomly vanish.

What would X be? If totally random, I'd say about 8%. If I got to choose, I would only need about 1%
>>
>>37344061
Overpopulation is a meme, we are killing our species in like 30 years max thru multiple foolproof methods so why worry about it.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (111KB, 615x486px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
111KB, 615x486px
>>37344224
Population growth has nothing to do with economics.
>>
>>37344468
Jesus Christ anon

1) Life can reproduce itself infinitely without interuption
2) We have that interuption (mother nature) and we are evolving beyond it's control, with one big exception:
3) The Earth is a finite space and we have nowhere else to go

Jeeze, hard stuff isn't it
>>
>>37344654
>>37344424
You're clearly demonstrating that you don't understand population growth and what caused the massive spike of the 20th century. Let me explain it to you

>people in undeveloped nation have lots of kids
>but also high death rate so the population grows slowly
>industrial revolution hits
>advances in standard of living cause the death rate to plummet
>but people are still making lots of babies
>explosive population growth
>after a couple generations people calm down and start living comfortably with 2.5 kids and a dog, returning growth to zero or close to it

This happens to every nation as it develops. We're going to cap at probably less than 10 billion people. The idea that we're going to run out of space to live is a joke.
>muh resources
GMO crops and renewable energy sources
>>
>>37344061
>Overpopulation BY NIG-NOGS AND INDIANS is eventually going to destroy the entire world and nobody anywhere seems to be discussing it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.