[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are a normalfag if you use Windows, OSX, or a mobile device

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

You are a normalfag if you use Windows, OSX, or a mobile device to post on 4chan.
You are a normalfag and you should go back to R*ddit
>>
File: st-ignucias.jpg (40KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
st-ignucias.jpg
40KB, 540x350px
GNU/Linux is pretty great. I used it for years until my company bought me a brand new MBP retina. Took me a few weeks to adjust, but it's pretty great.

>developer experience is pretty much the same as *nix
>casual, non-work user experience is superior
>hardware is great
>makes me look like a richfag, so starbucks stacies know I can provide betabux

Far from a fanboy though. If I were poor and had to buy my own computer I'd still be running GNU/Linux

Huge fan of free software. Use it every workday
>>
>>37342272
Must be fun to use a messenger pigeon.
>>
>>37342272
>>>/g/ is that way boku no blackman
>>
>>37342272
K fagit thanks

Sent from my iPhone J
>>
>>37342549
I wanna try out linux and learn programming on it, *buntu vs fedora?
>>
>>37343517
Ubuntu LTS.
In terms of making it usable for general use, Ubuntu does all of the work for you. Fedora can have problems with multimedia codecs
>>
>>37342272
currently using my 1968 issue decoder to shitpost, fag
get on my level
>>
File: getaloadofthisguy.jpg (46KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
getaloadofthisguy.jpg
46KB, 776x602px
>>37342272
>Linus
>Not Terry Davis
>>
Linux is literally a meme and offers nothing to anyone who doesn't want to spend time trying to make their OS work.

It's even a /g/ meme that Linuxfags always say "why would anyone need that?" when talking about things that linux lack, as if that's a good counterpoint to why something doesn't work or doesn't have a linux version. Then you have the fact that they can't give a single reason why someone should use linux.

I tried giving Debian a chance I hated it and it wasn't about being unable to easily run games (all the games I like are either old so they're on dosbox or they're old and have linux ports) it was about getting anything to run properly.
>>
>>37343517
I agree with >>37343886
Many people avoid Ubuntu because "Ubuntu is for noobs XD", but they don't have a reason why their alternative is a superior choice.
Ubuntu is used heavily in industry. It 'rules the cloud' https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10134104 It has a huge user base, so it's easy to find a solution to your problems online

Nothing wrong with Fedora. It's basically a flavor of Red Hat which is also widely used in industry.

Either one is a fine choice. Just remember most distro snobs are more into posting their super cool desktop screenshots on /g/ and bragging about their distro than actually making money as a dev.
>>
>>37344281
Utter bullshit. If you want to become a programmer and can't afford a Mac you should absolutely use linux.

>he a gaymer
windows is for gaymer faggots only. If you only game and browse the web it's enough, but it's not an acceptable development environment. If you're a gaymer who wants to learn how to program set up linux/windows dual boot.

>inb4 muh c#
don't limit yourself to a tiny subset of the programming world.
>>
I use Arch Linux.

>>37344281
The only thing that linux lacks are the mainstream vidyas. But that's changing with Steam OS and GPU passthrough. Everything else is available and some in superior forms.
>>
>>37342272
You know people on facebook use the word normie to describe someones tast in memes? the word has lost its weight and the ironic part is normalfags did it trying to be "cool" and "different" the very things they are not.
>>
stop caring about distros and install it
the plebbest ones are perfectly acceptable and even the most autistic ones have wikis you can follow

JUST
DO IT

at the end of the day it is all about the Unix philosophy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.