[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My laptop is on its death bed and I'd like your guys'

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: c05226872.png (166KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
c05226872.png
166KB, 573x430px
My laptop is on its death bed and I'd like your guys' help finding one to replace it.
My first one was a $1500 Sony that lasted 4 years. This one was a $400 HP that lasted 3 years.
I don't play vidya, so all I care about is that the computer can do basic functions like access the internet and play music and video files well, which I assume any computer can in 2017. And hopefully last for a long time. So logically it would be better to buy a cheaper computer because an expensive one isn't going to last that much longer, right?
What do robots recommend?
>>
Just go to amazon and look at the best sellers.
>>
Buy a MacBook pro. It does everything you need, it just works
>>
>>37335458
You can get refurbished thinkpads for a few hundo that you can beat people to death with and still be able to watch anime on.

If it's your main thing for stuff tho they're not really powerful enough.
>>
Just go on fucking Craigslist and buy a Thinkpad from a dealer for $100 or under. Or if ALL you want to do is those three things get a basic tablet. $50 for a Kindle.
>>
>buy a stinkpad T4_0 from an eBay liquidator
>install Gentoo
>>
>>37335530
Yes OP, get a fucking MacBook. It works as well as a $500 computer, with the added convenience of a $1200 price tag.
>>
Is thinkpad a meme?
I already have a tablet for drawing, but I want a laptop for browsing and watching. A Mac would be cool but they're very expensive.
>>
cheap chromebook
>>
>>37335458

You could get yourself a windows surface, since it can do everything you want + You can use it while taking a shit.
>>
>>37335632
Macs are for fuckheads.
>>
>>37335610
>$1200

lmao i paid $3000 for mine
>>
>>37335774
That makes you a dipshit. You know why the world is ending with the millennials? Because you retards copiously reward bad behavior
>>
>>37335851
jelly poorfag detected
>>
>>37335458
>So logically it would be better to buy a cheaper computer because an expensive one isn't going to last that much longer, right?
Sounds like you're just shit at taking care of your hardware.
The patrician option is build a desktop and it'll last you a lifetime as long as you dust it once every few months and reformat every year. It's not like you leave your house anyway, you don't need a portable PC.
The pleb option is buy a cheap netbook and treat it like shit so you can buy another one in a year.
>>
If you don't take it anywhere, just get a raspberry pi for like $20. Of you do, shell out a bit more money and follow a tutorial on the internet to convert the pi to a laptop.
>>
>>37335458
Buy a chromebook desu
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.