[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with extremely low self-esteem? I literally hate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3150.jpg (617KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3150.jpg
617KB, 854x1280px
How do you deal with extremely low self-esteem?
I literally hate myself no matter what happens or what people tell me.
>>
Do you believe in free will? If so, maybe getting straight on that will help.
>>
>>37322135

By which I mean, realizing that it doesn't exist. Just being clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joanVUoXY0s
>>
>>37322135
>>37322162
Which implies that I'm not inherently responsible for what happens to me? It's a comforting thought but doesn't change anything to the fact that I'm a loser.
>>
Realise that you only hate yourself because you are using this extremely flawed society's standards to judge yourself.

Once you see that this society is vile and wrong, you will realise that its standards are also wrong, and anybody who meets them deserves nothing but contempt.
>>
>>37322217
How do I prevent myself from comparing my achievements to those of other people? It's a natural thing to do.
When outside influence screams at you 24/7 that you're a failure, it's hard to go against the flow, especially when what outside influence tells you sounds like common sense.
>>
>>37322191

You're "responsible" in the sense that you have to live with the outcomes of your "decisions". But not "responsible" in the sense that you could have of your own accord done otherwise in that exact same situation, at that time. Or "responsible" in the sense that it's somehow intrinsically good for you to suffer.

>It's a comforting thought but doesn't change anything to the fact that I'm a loser.

Don't think of yourself as a "loser". A problem with this society is that it pits us all against each other in some scramble to the top.

It's like we're still in the predatory/cannibalistic stage of our species's development.
>>
you have to do something anon. what have you accomplished in life? self worth is built usually on conquering things and being self sufficient. you will feel more confident if you do more things. even if its only small things.

dont focus on what other people have, you have to build a life for yourself based on your own goals and desires
>>
>>37322256
I agree with what you said in theory but wouldn't you say that pitting ourselves against each other is a natural thing?
For example, even though I consciously acknowledge the pointlessness of so-called "developmental milestones" set by other people, I can't help but feel ashamed that I'm 22 and have never touched a woman. These things are supposed to happen, those to whom it doesn't are obviously dysfunctional and inferior.
The lack of free will only implies that my inferiority is inevitable, but does not deny it.
>>
>>37322326
I've accomplished nothing noteworthy.
Even when I do things that other people consider impressive or interesting, I feel no satisfaction or fulfillment. I only doubt myself.
>goals and desires
The problem is that I have neither of those.
The closest thing I have to a goal is financial independence, but it won't make me any less miserable.
>>
>>37322105

Ayahuasca is like 10 years of therapy in one night. If that won't fix your self-esteem issues, nothing will.
>>
>>37322245
>How do I prevent myself from comparing my achievements to those of other people? It's a natural thing to do.
Don't.
Just realise that they are filth and the further away you are from them, the better.
>>
>>37322391
I don't have the money to go to South America.
Even then, I'm scared that years of pent-up resentment and constantly suppressing my feelings would make the experience traumatic. I'm not into drugs so it's not like I'm accustomed to the psychedelic experience either.
>>37322403
>Don't
Yes but how? What is the thought process I have to acquire and how do I acquire it when I'm pressured 24/7 to do the opposite?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.