[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Been jobless for a while >Get job interview because they

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1495321556146.jpg (14KB, 446x335px) Image search: [Google]
1495321556146.jpg
14KB, 446x335px
>Been jobless for a while
>Get job interview because they got my resume through a job site
>Short 15 minute interview, pass it and have another longer one on Tuesday
>Worried that it might be a vector marketing scam type of business
They say they're a marketing firm and the job is doing "client acquisition and retention". But the CEO is from the area and graduated from a nearby uni and the company has been recognized by city papers so I'm lost.
>>
Just ask them something like how much of the compensation is commission-based. Also what training is involved, what's in a day's work, etc. If you feel like it's a scam, it's probably a scam.
>>
>>37318188
Oh and the minute they ask you for anything (ID/banking details, your own money, etc) just fucking scarper
>>
>>37318188
Good idea, when should I ask that when I go back on Tuesday? Also there's a third interview if I pass this one
>>
>>37318137

If you have a degree it's legit, if you don't at best you're holding a sign for a mattress store at worst its cutco
>>
>>37318416
No degree, just a couple years of working. Also he said that it would lead to a manager role because they're planning on opening another branch but I don't know what to think.
>>
>>37318465

It's bullshit sorry. If this was 12 years ago it might have been legit.
>>
OP, the simplest way to tell it's not a scam is to ask two questions.
1) Is the company reputable?
2) Does the job pay an hourly rate?

Granted, I know fully-commission-based jobs do exist, but it's still quite a risk. Especially if it's a bullshit pyramid scheme like Vector Marketing/Cutco Knives.
>>
File: 1493428477315s.jpg (7KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1493428477315s.jpg
7KB, 250x233px
>>37318137
Probably.
If you aren't guaranteed a regular income, or worse, they expect you to pay something up front, then it's a scam

sorry anon
>>
>>37318137
>>37319063
>Finally get a bite
>It's a scam

Oh boy do I identify with this feeling.
>>
File: job.jpg (113KB, 573x653px) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
113KB, 573x653px
OP here, this is the listing, during the interview he mentioned one of the companies they work with is Verizon and their site says they work with other Fortune 100 companies
>>
>>37319233
Easily found the listing and messaged them saying one of their recent interviewees is talking shit and doubting them on a Trump supporting hentai trading dump
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.