[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of curiosity, I want to know if you guys agree with this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: C53nxzwU0AArJI6.jpg (215KB, 1200x765px) Image search: [Google]
C53nxzwU0AArJI6.jpg
215KB, 1200x765px
Out of curiosity, I want to know if you guys agree with this theory I came up with:

The biggest roadblock for me to have a gf isn't my appearance (Though I am ugly), nor my income, nor my personality. It's because of my lifestyle.

I go to work, go home, and play video games. if I ever leave the house for reasons unrelated to work its to buy food. If this is what I do, and this is all I do, I could go decades without ever meeting a girl. I could meet one on the internet sure, but it would have to be on an MMO or 4chan or something, because I don't have the immediate good looking appeal that would make a stranger give a shit about me on a dating website. Even if I was /fit/ and handsome, it wouldn't matter because I do absolutely no activities which would put me in contact with any women ever.

Am I right or wrong?
>>
File: 1486856596469.png (515KB, 453x566px) Image search: [Google]
1486856596469.png
515KB, 453x566px
I feel very similar. I rarely even leave my house and mostly play video games. I feel like this does limit me.
However, I don't really want to get a gf. Even though it sometimes hurts to think about, I have decided that it's best that I don't ever worry about getting one.
I will continue this lifestyle for as long as I can because video games are the only thing I enjoy.

Also, Do you play sm4sh?
I do too. (And melee)
I invest way too much fucking time into those games.
>>
>>37314752
Do you actually want a gf?

If you do, why?
>>
>>37314752
I miss playing Smash 4 desu
Shulk was so much fun
>>
>>37314948
Did you stop playing?
>>
I think you are right, OP. Like you said, try some mmorpgs to find the ladies. Chicks love those games.
>>
>>37314865

Yes, I did play smash, but I kind of stopped because I'm too lazy to hook my wii u back up. I went to tournaments and stuff and followed the game quite closely and competitively. I was never really good, but I can definitely hold a conversation about it.

>>37314915

I'm not sure if I do or not. Why does it matter to you? I've had one before and it isn't really a net increase in happiness. All the stress and relationship problems they bring can really bring you down. You have to worry about getting cucked, and eventually you break up etc. I wouldn't call a gf a good or a bad thing.

However, I do need that spice in my life to keep things interesting. Without a girl I've got nothing to look forward to, nothing to work towards. I don't see any reason to move out of my parents house. I feel like I'm just sitting and waiting to die, and not enjoying myself in the mean time. I'm an adult with a car and disposable income and I spend my free time being bored in my room.
>>
Just the thought of having to spend one on one time with another human makes me panic. I dont know who thought relationships were a good thing.
>>
>>37314986
>I've had one before
Next time lead with that you fucking normie so we can ignore this thread, fuckface
>>
>>37314976
Yeah man. I sort of got tired of videogames and keep Smash and my Wii U in my closet. Even when I try to play it's not the same thing anymore. I honestly miss when I was younger and had 64/Melee/Brawl tourneys with a bunch of friends
>>
>>37315031

Kill yourself fuck face. There's a gigantic chasm of a gradient between being an incel and being a well adjusted normie. Learn to accept that this board isn't a pissing contest.
>>
>>37315063
Shut the fuck up and eat shit and die.
>>
>>37314986
That's cool! I've gone to tournaments too. I feel like it gives me a reason to leave the house every once in a while. It's nice.
>Without a girl I've got nothing to look forward to, nothing to work towards.
For me, my interests in gaming and art are enough to keep me from feeling this. I feel like I am working towards those things (which are actually rewarding to me) rather than focusing my energy on getting a gf.
>>
>>37315117

For a while going to tournaments was the only thing I'd leave my house for, I thought if I kept going I'd make friends.

After my fifth tournament without making any friends and jobbing out in early pools I just decided it wasn't really worth the time and effort to go anymore. It was great fun, don't get me wrong, but if I want to play Smash I can do it in my room without showering, getting dressed, paying ten dollars and driving an 80 minute round trip.

Coolest thing that ever happened to me was playing a set vs Dabuz in person, I met him twice. And some other top players but, I didn't really give a fuck about any of the others. I like Dabuz a lot though.
>>
>>37315172
That's one reason why I started playing melee more.
It kinda forces me to go out more and play more people. I actually re-connected with a few old friends because of it.
Also, for me it doesn't really matter how I do in the tournament. I just go for the experience. (Even though I am pretty good in the games I play)
>>
>>37315269

Never made a friend over smash, if I did I would have kept playing. I wish I did. If I had even one person to play with IRL I'd still be playing. As of now, I'm pretty much just waiting for the next version of Smash. Though, I did get a good few years of regular play out of Smash so I'm satisfied with letting it go at this point.

Though if either of my mains got worthwhile buffs, I'd pick the game back up. Especially Roy.
>>
>>37315370
I get how you feel. It makes sense
Also, Roy is one of my mains.

btw, where do you live (if you dont mind me asking). Does your area have a decent sized smash scene?
>>
File: imagesIPTVLC4L.jpg (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
imagesIPTVLC4L.jpg
11KB, 318x159px
>>37315004
This, you're not a true robot if your only problem is getting a gf and expect to be functional in a relationship
>>
>>37315467

Connecticut. And I don't really know, I've only ever lived here so I don't really know how to compare it to anywhere else, know what I mean?

It's obviously not one of the big areas like SoCal, but past that I don't really know. People say if you live in the tristate area then you're in a hot Smash area, but I don't really think that's true. Whether or not I'm 5 hours away or 25 hours away from a big tournament doesn't matter. I wouldn't go to a smash tournament unless it was at MOST an hour away. At least not going and driving by myself anyways. If I had a smash bro to make the trip with me and to enter doubles with, that would change.

My mains are Roy and Olimar. Olimar is at least decently viable. Using Roy in tourney means either my opponent is playing a low tier or I have to very consistently outplay them. I'm not a god, I'm not Ryo or Hyper. I can't succeed in tourney with Roy.
>>
>>37314752
Yeah I worked this out to be my problem for a while because I've worked 50 hours a week late and graveyard shift for the past two years.

Gotta get off this shit but it beats the hell out of working retail.
>>
>>37315541
I guess you're too far. I'm in Texas. If I lived closer, I could be your smash bro and we could go to tournaments together.
For the longest time I was basically a "random main" And I learned how to play most of the characters in the game.
Now I just play Ryu, Roy, falcon, Marth, and cloud
>>
>>37315593

For me it isn't even a matter of my schedule. There's nothing I /want/ to do outside. Literally everything that I could choose to do to enjoy myself involves being in my room. I can't change that. It literally isn't within my power. The only thing i could do is force myself to do something I dislike for years or months with my free time, like join a martial arts class for example. Which also costs money. And doesn't gaurentee me I'll meet a woman anyways. Its actually pretty likely I won't. Not that I'd devote that much time, effort, and money to a small possibility of someday meeting a gf anyways.

Its a weird thing to know, its like, I will literally never meet a girl. My appearance and personality literally don't matter at all. I'm not complaining about it, I'm just saying its a strange realization. I don't know what to do about it. SHOULD I do anything about it? I don't really see a practical solution.
>>
Just get into drawing. It's a lot like a mmo mindless grinding and then a lot of fun. Also girls like it when you draw them. Good luck anon
>>
File: 1495298634127.png (135KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1495298634127.png
135KB, 393x325px
>>37315654

>When you're one of the only people who came to the tournament alone and you enter doubles and get stuck with another loser who came alone and is probably the worst player in the entire venue

Its literally stealing people's money to let them play in doubles if they didn't show up with a partner or already know someone. Being stuck with that one autistic shitter is awful.
>>
>>37315696
Well desu I get three nights off a week, so if I really pressured myself I could flip around to being a daywalker for a few hours a week.
It's as you say. Not enough to do outside to make me want to shorten my life by skipping sleep.

I'm obv thinking of changing careers and most of the stuff has fitness tests for entry so I need to sort myself out and start hitting the pool.
I run already but that's something I do alone anyway. Depends on if you want to just do bodyweight stuff at home I guess.

What I really think, is we want to meet people from here anyway. Everyone on this site seems really smart and in tune.
>>
>>37315869

I don't necessarily want to meet people from "here" per say, but I have realized that if I want to ever have another relationship it pretty much has to be because I met her online.

I'm not in school or college anymore. My options for meeting women as an adult are to pick up whores at a bar or pick up either sluts or obese single mother societal rejects from online websites who think they are too good for me for no reason.

Past college, there's no way to meet a girl worth having outside of the internet unless you look like Chad. Any girl at a bar/club is automatically someone I don't want to date, same with dating websites. Kind of sad, even if I really genuinely wanted a gf, its 100% not in my power to find one right now. Its completely just rolling the dice while gaming online. The worst thing is, I'm 23 now, but the girls gaming online aren't getting any older. I'm worried someday I'll be like 26 and if I do meet any girls on an online game, they will all be underaged.
>>
File: approach.png (10KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
approach.png
10KB, 211x239px
>>37315736
That sucks lol. I personally wouldn't enter doubles without a partner EVER.

Have you ever tried to approach any girls at smash tournaments though? Maybe you could try that.
For me, approaching girls wouldn't really work at any gaming tournaments (or anywhere really). I'm a 5'4 manlet that is never taken seriously.
>>
>>37315979

I've only ever seen three girls at smash tournaments.

One of them came with her bf and was all over him, so she may as well not exist.

One of them was obese and ugly, so she may as well not exist.

One of them was genuinely cute and attractive and played a mean Robin. She came single, which meant literally every single menu in the venue was trying to worm their way into her life all at once. I'd feel uncomfortable talking to her just because I wouldn't want to bother her like plenty of smelly autists probably did, so she may as well not exist.

Also I'm not a manlet, but I am ugly and I guess if I'm being honest with myself I've let myself get chubby.
>>
>>37315945
I think that's the modern paradigm.
My mom met my stepdad online and they got married recently after being together for ten years so evidently it works.

Also ouch at 26 specifically.
>>
>>37316062
hm.
I guess by approach I didn't mean like how all the thirsty autist men always do when there is only one girl at an event. What I would do is just try to become friends with them at first or something like that.
i don't know. I've never approached a girl in my life so I have no idea why I'm even saying this.
>>
>>37316142

It is definitely possible for Chad, but there's no way to really get in with a girl at an event like that unless she's the one approaching you. If you try to approach her, you better be aware that 20 men have done it before you got there and 20 more are going to do it before she leaves at the end of the night. Like I said, I'd feel guilty for even talking to her. In all likelihood, she's genuinely there to just play smash and have a good time with the game like we are, but she has to be singled out because she's a female.

Kind of fucked up if you think about it.
>>
File: PMWolfAlt.png (941KB, 1600x1548px) Image search: [Google]
PMWolfAlt.png
941KB, 1600x1548px
>>37314752
tr4sh is for children and cucks
>>
>>37316236
I've definitely thought about that before. I do agree that it's pretty fucked. I just fantasize a lot about approaching women because I never have and never will. I feel kinda bad about it though.
>>
>>37316265

Funny story, of the only time I ever encountered a meleefag irl.

I went to a tournament for both 4 and melee, and I was playing against some fat kid with long greasy hair and Harry Potter glasses. Before the tournament, he sat in the corner by himself playing melee (pretty much nobody else was playing melee).

He was my first opponent in pools and fighting him was uncomfortable and very satisfying. He would noticably rage in real life, in public. It was crazy. He would shake and hit his controller. He would swear whenever I hit him and as we were fighting he would bitch to me about my character (Olimar) while playing a top tier himself (ZSS).

After I beat him he threw his controller on the ground, his friend had to tell him to calm down and pat him on the back, then he went and practiced melee tech in the corner by himself for the rest of the night.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.