[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think today is the day I realized I can't socialize with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1489486179982.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1489486179982.gif
47KB, 306x469px
I think today is the day I realized I can't socialize with normal people anymore. The only people I can relate to are people on here. I knew I was a social outcast already What did you do when you realized the truth about yourself?
>>
bump please out there.
>>
No one wants to talk about their day of reality hitting them?
>>
File: 1489802911621.jpg (150KB, 400x606px) Image search: [Google]
1489802911621.jpg
150KB, 400x606px
I am getting rejected even on here....
>>
>A fellow robot and I went to the same high school.
>Met him in my journalism class.
>He was like two years younger than me, but still a cool dude.
>Only friend I made that entire school year. (The only person I only ever talked to before that was an old childhood friend.)
>shared tons of the same interests as me.
>would crack 4chan jokes at each other in class.
>haven't talked to him since I finished school.
The point is I realized that the reason I hit it off so well with this guy is because we were both socially inept and took solace in robot. The only reason we became friends is because we were both spergy.
It was a bittersweet realization.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 599x800px
>>37279474
I'm here, desu<3
>>
>>37279480
How do you feel about yourself now then?
>>
>>37279547
I forced myself to develop superficial social skills, as I have a job that involves me speaking quite a bit to people and I can't lose it.
I feel I can fake it in simple interaction, but anything below basic small talk makes me feel intense discomfort.
I have a feeling all my coworkers think I'm an autist and just act polite to my face.
>>
>>37279625
That is always my worry when I go out in public. People are being polite to me because they think something is wrong with me.
>>
>>37279547
Talking with my coworkers is basically a strategic effort at this point... I stumble over my words quite a bit, make really spergy interjections during conversation to fit in, I always feel unwelcome in any circumstance that involves more than three of my peers.
It's not getting easier.
>>
>>37279692
Do you find some peace on here too then anon? It kinda hurts to know others suffer like this too but I feel a little less bad now.
>>
>>37279718
I'd say so. This board is memed to death, but I'd say it has the most contained community on 4chan and I appreciate that.
>>
i keep trying. it causes me physical pain sometimes to talk about their boring shit.
>>
>>37279292
>>37279692
>Talking with my coworkers is basically a strategic effort at this point... I stumble over my words quite a bit, make really spergy interjections during conversation to fit in, I always feel unwelcome in any circumstance that involves more than three of my peers.
>It's not getting easier.
I know this feeling very well. Talking with others is extremely uncomfortable for me because half the time, if not more than half, I have trouble conveying my thoughts appropriately. I've had professors, friends and family members compliment me on my writing skills, but translating the words in my head into speech is more difficult for me than it should be. Plus, I have come to realize that most of the time, whenever I bother talking to people, it's only so that I can vocalize my thoughts and get feedback to refine my thought process about a given topic. I'm not interested in what the other person thinks, I just want to see if there's anything I can use from what they say, if that makes sense? I a very selfish/conceited talker and as a result of realizing that, I try to limit how often I talk to people, because then I feel guilty about only wanting to hear myself talk/bouncing my thoughts off others.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.