[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey r9k. Im falling behind in life and considering suicide. I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 1495335634100.gif (1MB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
1495335634100.gif
1MB, 300x275px
hey r9k. Im falling behind in life and considering suicide. I just wanna know the pros/cons of offing yourself before i actually go through with it.

>inb4 pussy faggit that is just leeching attention
>>
pros
>not more worries and stressful situations
cons
>you can't enjoy the little things that had keep you alive till this year

(sorry, bad english but good mexican :))
>>
File: veracruz.jpg (47KB, 432x305px) Image search: [Google]
veracruz.jpg
47KB, 432x305px
fuck you, i give my advice and you just ignore me, even a fucking suicidal friendless robot ingores me
i'm leaving, i hope you don't die and get very injured you stupid faggot
(english bad mexican good blah blah blah)
>>
Well let's look at death. You don't know what happens when you die. You could cease to exist. You could reincarnate with no recollection of past memories. You lose all the time you spent on the earth making it worthless. You leave behind family. The scariest thing about suicide is that you dont know what happens next. The scariest thing for me is the possibility that I will never exist again
>>
File: mad clown.jpg (59KB, 819x819px) Image search: [Google]
mad clown.jpg
59KB, 819x819px
>>37254393

Nobody can answer those questions but you, bud.

Pro: No more stress from life, ever.

> that is usually enticing enough for me
>>
I'm going to do it too. The only con is that it's a difficult action to perform. Depends on your method I guess. The pros are just that you get to not deal with all the cons of life.

The only niggling thought in the back of my mind is, "I'm white, by killing myself I'll never help stop the downfall of man, this is what they want you to do"
>>
nigga life isn't some shitty gradeschool class, you don't fall behind, it's all in your fuckin head
do something or don't, nobody's giving you a fuckin grade

pros: you die
cons: you die
>>
>>37254393
Here is the only relevant con:

statistically, you are INCREDIBLY likely to regret it, as soon as you reach the point of no return.

So, your literal last moments will be filled with nothing but regret.

You fine with that?
>>
>>37254938
That's why you do it fast
Hanging is for losers
>>
>>37254393
Pros
>eternal peace
>no more stress, anxiety or negative things

Cons
>no more tendies or ice cream
>no more shitposting
>>
File: 4chan4EverPicture.png (379KB, 1935x1209px) Image search: [Google]
4chan4EverPicture.png
379KB, 1935x1209px
>>37254956
Pros
>No more worries
>For the rest of your days
>It means no worries

Cons
>You will make everyone you love sad
>You will let down many people
>You will never realize your true potential

I thought about it pretty seriously last year. I decided against it. I think about it still, but I think I made the right choice.
>>
Cons you fail at a attempt end up going to a hospital
>>
Pros: Nothing, you're fucking dead faggot.

Cons: Sad family, sad people, not able to enjoy new vidya, music, not being able to learn new things about the world like the fact that there was a species of frog that gave birth in their stomach, and taste nice stuff like strawberries, no more sharing ideas and thoughts with other robots. No more laughing at idiot normies that try to do normie shit

I'm kinda drunk sry don't kill yourself faggot
>>
>>37254393
pro:
you're dead
con:
you're dead
It's all subjective.
>>
File: 1462106091664.jpg (284KB, 780x999px) Image search: [Google]
1462106091664.jpg
284KB, 780x999px
>>37254393
I just wouldn't do it because "you're behind." What does that even mean? Compared to who?

If you graduate HS, go to college for an associates, go for a 4 year, go get a 2-year master, and go get a medical degree, you can probably graduate before you're 30. You're ahead in education, but you've made no money and you're a quarter-million in debt. You're behind somebody who learned a trade right out of school in a financial regard. You're behind somebody who started working at McDonald's right out of HS and never looked back.

If somebody got a BS in business, went and made 100k starting but then develops alcoholism, is he ahead? He may spend a decade not feeling comfortable being sober and ruins relationships as a result. Who is he ahead of? Who is he behind?

You can't be too old to go out, take out a student loan and go to school. You can't be too old to start working at a grocery store. You can't be too old to put the bottle down. You can't be too old to literally not kill yourself. Sometimes in life, you need to go at a retard's pace. It's your pace though. It's your pace going towards the goals that you feel are appropriate. If you want to kill yourself, far be in from me, an anonymous 420 year old Vietnamese basket weaver to stop you. I just think doing it because you're behind is a dumb reason.
>>
>>37254393
There's probably hell waiting for us since God is kind of like that. Take the story of Job getting fucked over just for the sake of a divine social experiment. So yeah, avoid dying for as long as possible.
>>
Please don't, think about your family and how sad they'll be. You mean something to them
>>
>>37255300
why do people think this
why do people think it would matter
being held back by fuckers is what got you into this suicidal shit in the first place
>>
File: 1493964706705.jpg (176KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1493964706705.jpg
176KB, 1632x1224px
>>37254393
Think of it this way, you kill yourself you resign to an unknown fate. Nobody knows where we go or if we even exist in the reality afterwards. This is probably one of the biggest unknowns you will ever put yourself in and if you think life has gotten bad enough to exclude yourself from it, then make that first step to exploring that fate. But if you don't you remain in this life until it's taken when you either least expect it or when you are old and seeing that door anyways.

What I'm trying to say is don't let other people tell you to do it or don't, it's something you have to decide for yourself.
>>
>>37254393
pros:
you get a little bit of attention. perhaps a newspaper article with your best qualities and highlights if any. also an expensive funeral put on by your relatives. also some asshole has to clean up your mess.
cons:
some asshole doesn't want to clean up your mess
you're not falling as behind as you think
purgatory
someone has to pick out a casket or decide on incineration. death costs money, anon.
>>
>>37255266
And what if you sat in front of a computer screen for all those years while all the people you used to know have graduated or are working in trade? Not to mention the fact they all have girlfriends and tons of friends, while you're a friendless guy sitting in a front of a computer.

This is falling behind.
>>
>>37255594
Not to the point of suicide. We're robots, we're supposed to be fairly immune to that shit by now.
>>
>>37255594
who gives a shit
how about all the people that didn't graduate, or don't have girlfriends, or didn't get a degree, or are posting on this very board, or fucking killed themselves already
even if you had accurate statistical information (you don't, it's all in your head), what does the random selection of people in your district have to do with what you do, you fuck
>>
>>37254393
You would SERIOUSLY just end your life without at least putting it to use?
If you honestly feel like you don't want to live, then you should have no fears right now. If that is the case, go to any failed state currently dealing with terrorism, and try to take out as many terrorists as you can, right? At least do something positive with your final days.

I am NOT advocating you to die. I want you to live and be prosperous. This is simply what I would do if it ever came to the moment where I honestly felt like I had no other option
>>
>>37255677
Ah the classic:

>hurr you want to kill yourself so why not do anything?

We're fucking useless robots you failure of a normie. We can't do whatever we want.
>>
>>37255734
Saint Elliot believes in you all
>>
>>37255734
No, you're just a lazy ass. If you don't want to live, why wouldn't you want to use that to your advantage? Why die a worthless fucker, when you can use your final moments to kamikazi a bunch of bad guys?
>>
>>37254393
Pros:
-You don't have to deal with any of the daily bullshit you deal with everyday ever again.
>>
>>37255677
A person on the verge of suicide has no strength to fight terrorists or even be social. Life is not like a Charles Bronson vigilante movie where the badass suicidal protagonist kills a lot of bad guys.
>>
>>37255842
Because that's unrealistic and you're a dreamer.
>>
Assming no after-life, I would say...
Pros:
>no more negative experiences possible for you
>don't have to worry about money/grades/job security/health/social standing/relationships
>you get to choose the circumstances of your death, which is inevitable anyway (eg. make it less painful)
>considering you accept the "ultimate consequence", you wouldn't have to worry about the consequences of most actions so long as they do not stop you from killing yourself (eg. you could drop out of school/quit your job and just backpack around your country until you run out of money/get bored, or see how long you can survive in the wilderness)

Cons:
>you will miss out on an indeterminate amount of cool shit (vidya, possible non-shitty VR, sexbots, witnessing the nuclear holocaust etc.)
>if your problems were due to brain chemicals, say, it's possible that you could be treated and would go on to be a happy normalfag (but I doubt there's any guarantee to this)
>your family, friends and various people you have met will be intensely miserable, and some will be permanently affected by your untimely end
>your pets will probably miss you, and there is no possible way for anyone to convey to them that you will never return (eg. dog keeps checking the windows looking for you, expecting you to come home soon)
>you could fuck it up magnificently and end up locked in a psych ward, cripple yourself or simply take an unexpectedly long time to die due to your own ineptitude/misfortune
>you lose the ability to save another potential misfortunate from their fate
(some of these may not apply)

I would say the biggest con is the effect it has on your immediate family, friends and pets. Normalfags do not cope well with death at all so if you're somewhat of a moralfag, it makes it very difficult to justify.

Personally I'm only still in the game for the sake of my pets and my imouto. There's nothing I want to do, and every day is rather unpleasant to me.
>>
>>37254508
Pros and cons: You literally have no idea if this is true.
>>
You will miss all the happenings, new technologies, new entertainments, and so on and so forth, if you kill yourself.
>>
>>37256016
>you could fuck it up magnificently

This. Don't assume that you will succeed. If you fail, your life may be much more unhappy than it is now.
>>
>>37256206
>If you fail

People who really want to kill themselves use lethal methods like hanging, jumping from really great heights headfirst or gunshot anyway.
>>
>>37256416
Literally all of those can fail you optimistic faggot.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.