[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to a big city from a small town? There's no

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0036.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
How do I move to a big city from a small town? There's no jobs or training here. Homeless shelters and section 8?
>>
fuck off. we don't want any more city slickers, you fags are no different than niggers
>>
Get an education and then a job in a city?
>>
>>37253893
I need to be in the city before I can attend college
>>
I'm highjacking this shit spam thread. How do I move from fucking socal with a math degree and no experience in anything to wherever the fuck jobs are. Needs to be U.S. since I have no passport and no money for a passport and only speak English.
>>
Section 8 is a broken system that will not help you. If anything it'll cement you into poverty forever.

It is an incredibly inefficient system that punishes people on it who try to get out of poverty by working hard.

http://www.shelterforce.org/article/2325/eliminate_the_poverty_trap_of_means-adjusting/
>>
fake your resume, interviewers in large cities go through so many people a day that it's not too difficult to really stand out
>>
>>37253866
>Retarded hick in charge of reading comprehension
>>
>>37253866
>mfw flyover hill-people can't even read
The opioids are working their magic.
>>
File: jrnhpj8ysgphogyxwyoa.jpg (70KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
jrnhpj8ysgphogyxwyoa.jpg
70KB, 540x720px
>>37253859
New York specific: Fake restaurant service experience on your resume, get job waiting for one of the high-end catering companies. They generally start at $20/hr untipped. Try and find roommates on craigslist, don't worry about where you're living. Scrape by for a few years, keep your eyes constantly peeled for rent-controlled apartments, apply to affordable unit lotteries, and after 1-2 years you should be set with decent accommodations.
>>
>>37253975
That's pretty cool. I got halfway through security certification because I took criminal justice shit in school but I couldn't finish the training fully because they don't have any training for that here.

I think if I could get that job I'd be set in the city even if I'm poor

>>37254101
Thank you guys you're right. I'm just not sure about NYC it's kinda shitty and overpriced and cold I don't see it being worth as much as it cost even with all the people and trains.
>>
>>37253859

the big city is a meme. It's not worth it. If you actually live in cousinfuckerville, population 2 just move to the nearest big town. It's close enough to what you're looking for.
>>
>>37254417
>I'm just not sure about NYC it's kinda shitty
Yeah, don't move here unless you're 100% dedicated to eating shit for like 2-3 years. It changes to easy mode after that for most transplants, but you have to put in your dues.
>>
>>37254461
I want to produce music and I'm sick of this shit I want to be able to just harass bitches on the street and get drunk and do stupid shit and not have it follow me.

I don't want intimate relationships
I don't want to know my neighbors
I don't want to see the same people over again
I don't want to be bored
>>
>>37254501

Where do you live? What you're looking for can be acheived in most cities. Even in megacities most people wind up becoming "locals" in the few blocks that they live in, so that the difference between a small and a big city is mostly in cost.
>>
File: 1444685618972.jpg (77KB, 536x679px) Image search: [Google]
1444685618972.jpg
77KB, 536x679px
>>37254461
This might be anecdotal, but every single person I know who spouts 'muh big city meme' also laments that they wished they were doing something different with their lives, invariably something that would only be viable if they were to try and make it in a city - the only thing holding them back is that they're terrified of trying. They're also all balding, fwiw.
>>
>>37254501
>I want to be able to just harass bitches on the street and get drunk and do stupid shit and not have it follow me
You cannot achieve this anywhere, city or otherwise.
>>
>>37254586

They're mostly brainwashed by "muh new york in the 60s, muh move to LA to become an actor." Which isn't how it works, unless you're dead serious about honing a career in an area that's known for it.
>>
>>37254554
Ny I'd be pretty fuckin happy in something big for the entertainment industry like Miami

>>37254586
>they're balding

R-really? I'm balding like fuck
>>
>>37254648
Yeah, the thing I just don't get is that why not just try it? If you don't succeed after 3 years, and go back home, what have you really lost? You'd still be paying rent in your hometown, buying food and utilities and shit. And plus once you move back, everything is easier; like when you shit a little turd after a big turd and it doesn't feel like anything.
>>
>>37253859
Did that for 3 years.

Snagged a job with a temp agency and worked odd office jobs until I was picked up permenently by one after a few months.

If I had liked corporate America, I could have found a job in any industry from there.

But I didn't. I had other dreams to achieve and the city can be oppressive if it's not what you're looking for.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.