[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you creatively write, anon? Be it a novel, fiction,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1489280470168.png (71KB, 1029x816px) Image search: [Google]
1489280470168.png
71KB, 1029x816px
Why don't you creatively write, anon? Be it a novel, fiction, fantasy, poems or rulebooks. What themes do you want people to know, or is there anything? Have you ever had the urge to but couldn't think of anything interesting, or did you compose something you're proud of?
>>
>>37252588
i actually would like to write, not even for money just to get a cool idea on paper but that's all it is. No idea how to develop any good transitions or plan out an end with meaning. Just random characters and thoughts with no structure. Seems pointless to put on paper.
>>
I actually did some writing myself a while ago. I've wanted to do it again recently, but as soon as I start I eventually give up and loose interest.
>>
I really dislike literature.

I'm good at writing. I can tell it's decent quality but I can't enjoy it. I still try but it's hard to make much progress. I prefer writing songs.

I was writing a story about a guy who dies and wakes up like nothing happened. Then he starts killing himself compulsively until one day he fucks it up and wakes up in the hospital paraplegic. It was going well, I might get back to it one day.
>>
>>37252588
I do write fiction. Primarily historical; I dabble in literary fiction and occasionally fantasy when I just wanna spray ideas around
>>
I do write. I have never showed it to anyone, though. It's unpublishable because it's too derivative of other shit.
>>
>>37252588
The gift of creation was not something God bestowed upon me when he gave me life. I have tried and my hands are unfit for the task. Sometimes I go so far as to think maybe I wasn't even given a soul since anyone can create something. Maybe I'm just retarded.
>>
I already write, but I can't show anyone because I don't want my family to institutionalize me for thought crimes.
>>
>>37252588
I can't create meaningful art with no life experiences.
>>
I have a binder full of notes for a fantasy setting/story but I haven't actually wrote any proper stories in it yet.

>post apocalyptic fantasy world where the wizards spend all the earth's life juices in a world war tier conflict with this evil king/overlord
>life dies out and the world starts desertifying, with the only habitable areas being the areas surrounding focal points (as in ley lines)
>the evil king pretty much retreats to his city and watches his dominions completely fall apart, while the wizards do the same
>wizards secretly plot to kill the king, who's soul is stopping more life juices from coming to the planet
>but killing this dude would also expose the world to all the nasty demons in outer space, who'd come like moths to a light
>>
I am terrible at articulating my thoughts. I have trouble talking for fucks sake. I hope it gets better with age, but it'll probably just get worse. I can't even explain my thoughts. It's a mess.
>>
>>37253737
For a moment, I thought you were giving a book quote.
WRITE ANON WRITE
>>
>>37252588
These days everyone wants boring normal shit like that girl on a train bullshit. It's not even worth writing anything unique and creative since this society stifles any form of it.
>>
>>37254734
Ha you made me smile, thank you. No anon I've tried. I'm garbage at it and I truly am broken. Depression does things to your brain that shouldn't happen to anybody. I'm basically wasting away here because all I can do is waste away.
>>
i want to but im too lazy to write anything i come up with down
>>
>>37252588
I creatively universe build like a faggot but can never actually write a story
>>
I have spend quite a few hours writing something. It was utter cringy shit

>>37254190
same
>>
i'd rather read than write
>>
File: Untitled.png (249KB, 511x489px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
249KB, 511x489px
i-i'll sometimes create stuff

in fact, i just made this shirt in photoshop, sorta messing around, can i get some opinions on it?

(1/2)
>>
File: testimg.png (197KB, 1146x1289px) Image search: [Google]
testimg.png
197KB, 1146x1289px
>>37256447
(2/2)

original just in case
>>
>>37254947
idk, I agree with the other anon. If you git gud at writing something just tells me your shit would be powerful.
>>
>>37256471
You guys are too kind, and thank you. I have so many stories I'd love to tell, but I just can't give life to things on paper. I've been reading more so maybe that will help, but until then just know your words are kind and brought me out of a dark place today.
>>
>>37256291
Im the same way anon. I love world building but when I have to actually write a story I struggle to do so.
>>
I'm trying but i'm i get overly self indulgent and basically wank myself off with my prose and its cringy as hell. I also have 0 talent and I'm incredibly hazy all the time and can't focus clearly on anything or articulate my thoughts.
>>
>>37256447
cool! gj man
>>
>>37253637
you should direct the 2022 groundhog day reboot
>>
File: Imperial_327d03_6194121.jpg (97KB, 719x949px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_327d03_6194121.jpg
97KB, 719x949px
>>37252588
I write creatively every now and then, I've always been somewhat good at it, usually writing weird, funny stuff that people have enjoyed and found entertaining. I was thinking of writing an alternate history novel about a Central Powers victory in WWI. I'm a Kaiserboo, so it might be a bit skewed in favor of the German Empire. What do you think of this idea anon?
>>
>>37257122
Go for it. We need more alternate WW1 history.
>>
>>37252588
I write screenplays. They're not great, but I'm happy with them. Most are sci-fi or noir/crime comedies.

Here's one I started, and I think it's a fairly strong opening, but no clue what the story would be.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRdkJYYllXUmlJaFE
>>
>>37252588
I want to write a book but I don't know where to start. I'm kind of worried that it will end up too similar to another story.
>>
>>37254947
Nigga looking at your shit, your depression is your greatest strength here.

Just write a very simple story about all hope being lost, some apocalypse shit.
>>
>>37257287
that and i have no idea how id get it published since I'm just some random unknown faggot with no recognition
>>
>>37257129
Thanks anon, I might just do that.
>>
>>37256447
Just add Supreme and everyone would buy it.
>>
>>37252588
I've been wanting to create an RPG myself. While the gameplay I have mostly thought out, it's the story that gets me. I can think up a lot of elements, characters, and even scenes that I feel work really well, but it's like my mind just locks up whenever I try to bring them together. And no, writing them all down doesn't help me.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.