[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to scenes like emo, goth, punk, pop-punk, skater?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: emo.jpg (60KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
emo.jpg
60KB, 400x300px
What happened to scenes like emo, goth, punk, pop-punk, skater?

It seems everyone is cookie cutter as fuck nowadays, merely following every latest trend and listening to all the same shitty music.
>>
Nah they're still around

The scenes are just a lot more mixed up today than they were before.

For example here in germany at gothic meetings you will also seey emo, punk, metal and a lot of otakus
>>
>>37234318
>What happened to scenes like emo, goth, punk, pop-punk, skater?
They got replaced by hipsters and tumblerina types.
>It seems everyone is cookie cutter as fuck nowadays, merely following every latest trend and listening to all the same shitty music.
That's the same way it's always been. Emo/goth was the mainstream back then. They were the cookie cutter teens of their generation.
>>
Shut up and go play your Nintendo 64 and drink your fucking surge you pathetic 26 year old beta male
>>
>>37234318
It has been replaced by geeks, nerds, otaku, weeaboos, etc...
But not the weirdo ones, the normalfags ones.
>>
>>37234355
Emo isn't the same as goth, in fact they're almost polar opposites and neither were ever mainstream.

>>37234356
Close, I'm 24.
>>
>>37234380
>Emo isn't the same as goth, in fact they're almost polar opposites
I wasn't claiming they were the same, the stroke was for succinctness.
>and neither were ever mainstream.
You must not have been paying attention 2002-2007.
>>
>>37234318
they were phased out in favor of tumblrinas, transfaggots, and sjws
>>
>>37234318
Same as surfers, they are still around and doing fine now the normie trend has passed.
>>
>>37234318
How do you actually get the one eye haircut? Elmo's are ducking trash.
Goth4lifd
>>
>>37234711
WHO THE FUCK KEEPS MOVING THE DAND F ON MY KEYBOARD
>>
>>37234318
I miss those days.
Back when life made sense.
>>
>>37234380
>Emo isn't the same as goth
might as well be. nobody has time to differentiate between different versions of makeup wearing faggots
>neither were ever mainstream.
WRONG
>>
I miss Dashboard Confessional and Saves the Day. Not sure what counted as emo after that.
>>
>>37236376
Go to back to bed Vincent.
>>
File: 1475237162651.jpg (170KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475237162651.jpg
170KB, 1440x1080px
>>37234318
>complains about cookie cutter people
>complains about people not mindlessly following cliques and scenes
which one is it brainlet?
>>
>>37236644
>had a friend named Vincent during the emo era
>>
File: ~~~~~~pizzagate.jpg (154KB, 932x692px) Image search: [Google]
~~~~~~pizzagate.jpg
154KB, 932x692px
mfw punk is stil a scene here
im a punker, in the local punk scene, only skaters are welcome. emo's goth and "scenekids" are their own group here
pic related (me)
>>
>>37236644
Yo no shit I knew an emo kid named Vincent. Had long black hair over one eye and shit. That's crazy.
>>
>>37236805
Where do you live? I see preppy looking skaters now. Only punks I see are older.
>>
>>37234318
>It seems everyone is cookie cutter as fuck nowadays
And all those faggots weren't? Skaters in particular always stunk of corporate-cool, but all of that shit was composed of obnoxious faggots trying too hard to fit a stereotype.
>>
File: Skateboarding.png (192KB, 520x650px) Image search: [Google]
Skateboarding.png
192KB, 520x650px
>>37236902
I think the stereotype you are referring to is rebellion.
>>
>>37236953
*what the tv and the cool kids said rebellion looked like
>>
File: bam-Margera-Posters.jpg (26KB, 283x314px) Image search: [Google]
bam-Margera-Posters.jpg
26KB, 283x314px
>>37236978
Here was a prime rebel.
>>
>why is everyone so cookie-cutter now
>as opposed to emos/goths/skaters who all dressed the same way as their respective groups, listened to the same bands, hung around with the same type of people, spoke the exact same way etc etc ad infinitum

take off your rose-tinted glasses, kids were still fags back then - just a slightly different flavour of fag
>>
>>37234318
>everyone is cookie cutter af
All the kids pictured above are cookie cutter walking Hot Topic ads.
>>
>>37234318
>goth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoodNwr7RZE
bring it back. do it now.
>>
File: 1488241823795.jpg (284KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488241823795.jpg
284KB, 1000x1000px
>>37234318
I'm glad they dissapeared
>>
>>37236812
The black hair/ one eye cover was a classic. It did irritate after a while though, since my hair was so greasy.
>>
Well the girls all are lefty tumblr girls who look the same, but wear dark clothes
>>
>>37236821
Greaser Punk checking in. I'm 37 though.
>>
>>37237777
Chekekdded
>>
>>37237777
year 37(777)
>>
Fads and memes have a super short shelf life now thanks to the internet. they're being measured in weeks, days and even hours now as opposed to years and decades before they're cast off for the next trendy thing.

Goths and Emo was popular for what? 5 or 6 years in the early 2000s just as the internet was cementing itself into everyday life? These trends spread like wildfire thanks to that is a super short amount of time and people get very tired of these trends much faster because of it.

Those trends got co-opted into the mainstream media, flew over the world in an instant and burned out shortly after as they simeltaniously got exposed to the kinds of people that are more than happy to take the piss out of those people for dressing funny. Only a few true beleiving hardcores still stick to them in an unironic way, as the rest of the crowd grew out of it in some way or just moved on to different interests, even more so when they start hearing about the worst examples of their particular interest (ie, hyper-cringe inducing myspace posts from angsty 2hardcore4u emo kids) and they start to distance themselves bit by bit without even realising they're doing it.
>>
File: 1486753708408.png (111KB, 366x408px) Image search: [Google]
1486753708408.png
111KB, 366x408px
>>37234318
The alt-right became the new counter culture because being non-conforming wasn't special enough anymore.
>>
>>37238048
This.
It is crazy but the current counterculture has similar beliefs to Jack Thompson.
>>
>>37238048
People moving to the right is natural considering what's happening to Western nations, it's just white's looking out for their own interests in a world where their nations are being turned into 3rd world shitholes by high levels of immigration.
>>
>>37234318
>What happened to scenes like emo, goth, punk, pop-pubn, skater?

They grew up and got beaten or bullied. school
>>
>>37234380
Everyone & their mother had a big dumb fringe & liked My Chemical Romance in the 2000s.
>>
These faggots were insufferable at their peak, but scene/emo/goth girls make me hard as a rock. So fucking hot.
>>
The emos these days are all about "muh depression" and listen to things like suicide boys and wear chokers. Quite easy to spot
>>
>>37234318
Why do you need to express yourself goyim? Just stay home
>>
Thank social media for that. Kids nowadays don't have small friend groups, they have to impress the whole school on instagram and get likes.
>>
>>37238300
t. edgemeister
>>
>>37234318
That feel when emos have dissapeared and you never got a qt emo gf
>be me in secondary school
>emos everywhere
>have been chatting with a 8/10 emo girl on msn Messenger
>one day a new classmate is transferred to my school
>it's her
>in my fucking classroom
>too scared to say hi ofc
>but she approaches me and says: "wow you are anon!"
>"Y-yeah!"
>we chat a little
>stacies come by
>they ask her if she wants to hang out with them after school
>she starts hanging out with them regularly
>gradually stops talking with me
>one day I overhear one of them giving her tips on how to do a good blowjob
>some months later she gets pregnant and gets a clandestine abortion
>>
There's a chasm between those who live for the ideology and those that can afford the associated gear bit don't really follow the idea, more the fashion.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.