[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

robot who successfully converted to normie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: kermit.jpg (41KB, 494x462px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
41KB, 494x462px
Ask me whatever. I'll be here for an hour max. To know it's me who's replying, I'll link to legit answers in this imgur album description:

http://imgur.com/a/3VaOV

I'll give you the first Q/A:

>How long did it take?

4 years. I'm calling my starting point to be when I first started actually changing my life via actions, and the ending point is when I finally lost my virginity.
>>
Firstly, once a robot, forever a robot.

What are your stats?

>education
>age
>job
>how many friends?
>how close are you to your friends?
>do you lift?
>do you fap?
>salary/wage

Maybe you can think of more.

One more question. What exactly was the turning point? What led up to it? How did you force yourself against the gradient?
>>
>>37231687
>Firstly, once a robot, forever a robot.
Sadly, yes. BUT you can still make changes

>What are your stats?
>education
college
>age
>job
finance
>how many friends?
hard question - there are about 15 different people I'd be willing to do something with just us 2. probably triple that equals my normal group of acquaintances outside of work
>how close are you to your friends?
not very, unfortunately. a major downside of changing your life is losing touch with your old friends, and making friends with people you don't really share a common thread with. that being said, i do do a lot of stuff with these friends.
>do you lift?
never
>do you fap?
2-5 times a week
>salary/wage
~100k in 2016
>Maybe you can think of more.
still here another 30 mins or so
>One more question. What exactly was the turning point? What led up to it? How did you force yourself against the gradient?
had my first taste of independent life via a semester abroad. loved it. also realized i was terribly unprepared for the real world. had months of miserable self-introspection.
motivated me to change everything about myself. i forced myself to change by ignoring all my inner sensibilities and throwing caution to the wind multiple times a week, for years. just took every opportunity i had to do different things, even if i didnt want to. i was uncomfortable most of the time for those 4 years.
>>
File: 1495338054758.jpg (119KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495338054758.jpg
119KB, 768x1024px
>>37231322
>I will do retarded reddit shit instead of just using a tripcode

checks out
>>
>>37232003
i always post on boards with IDs. I suppose I do look the fool though.
>>
>>37231928
Interesting. Same guy btw. I hope to never lose my friends. I've been keeping in very close touch with my HS buddies and I'm a senior in college now. One of my biggest fears is losing them and being alone. Some I can confide a lot in. A lot of them have confided in me with their most personal, deepest secrets and thoughts.

On another note:
I'm at the point of my life where I'm envious of everyone for everything, even my closest of friends. There was once a point in my life where I thought I was the "smartest kid". Now I'm not anything close to it. I always feel like an outcast, left behind in the dust. I don't do anything fun, adventurous, or risky. Worst of all, I'm a killjoy to my friends and other people I associate with. Since it's summer I want that to change, since I have time to think about things.

How should I start? Can you tell a quick anecdote about one of your first few uncomfortable experiences
>>
>>37232106
Keep your friends. One mistake I made while changing my life was overestimating how much I needed to separate from prior friendships. I felt they were holding me back from changing, and they were. I thought they might distract me from being the person I wanted to be, and they were. But I cut too much. It was too much snobbery on my part. For all I know, some of these guys would have wanted to change with me. I did too much alone. If any of them resist your changing, push back. If they still don't accept it, then move on. But give them the chance that I did not. I didn't cut anybody off, per se, but I did lose touch with several people.

Envy is a tough thing. I still have it myself so I can't be a wise sage here. I know the feeling of being the smartest kid and then not. I was an all star in middle school and had the highest SAT score in my high school. Then I was merely above average in college. And now in real life I am doing well but plenty of others are doing better. You keep entering bigger pools of people each time you move forward in life. You're bound to feel like you're not on top anymore. One thing I need to work on myself is to stop feeling like I need to be the best of the whole world. I am successful and self-sustaining right now and that's whats important.

Take risks, please. Do things you think you would never be brave enough for. Even if just going to a bar with people you're not too familiar with. Or sitting next to that hot girl in class. Or arranging a trip you always wanted to do. Taking risks has changed my life completely for the better and I'm never going back. I pretty much never regret stuff I do. I always regret stuff I didn't do. It hurts like hell to fuck up, but it's miles better than the slow death of knowing you never tried and learned. Be the friend your friends want to follow or look up to. I was the exact same age as you are now - I started my change as a final semester senior in college.
>>
>>37232106
>How should I start? Can you tell a quick anecdote about one of your first few uncomfortable experiences

A few:

1st: When we all turned 21, a few friends of mine asked me to go to a bar legally for the first time. I didn't drink at the time and my immediate gut reaction was to say no, and I did initially. But I did it anyway as part of the new me. Got a little drunk for the first time and had an amazing time just sitting around a table shit talking with my buds. This opened up a whole new world of social comfort which brought dividends later (not trying to say you need to get drunk, but be open to normie social life)

2nd: In my first apartment, I lived next to an extremely attractive young woman who I found out was a model. I wanted to shit my pants whenever I saw her. One day I saw her on the street. I went up to her and introduced myself and said she was in my building. She was nice enough and when I saw her the next time on the street, we had a conversation. A few meetings later, I asked her out for dinner. She said yes. It did not go well. It was extraordinarily painful. We never talked again. But at this point I was still a virgin and I had gone full throttle, balls out by trying to score with a model on my first try. Dinner was also my first ever date.

3rd: At a bar one night, a girl's friend came up to me and told me her friend found me cute. I asked her where her friend was all alpha like, and went over to her. I was terrified during the approach, but it was fine. We talked for 15 minutes and then we just started making out. This was my 3rd time ever even kissing a girl, and I was 25. One week later I lost my virginity to her. The past me would have made an excuse to avoid this girl when her friend approached me, and I would have never had this opportunity. JUMP AT OPPORTUNITIES EVEN IF THEY SCARE YOU. THE FEELING ONCE PAST THE WALL IS AMAZING
>>
>>37232308

My friends never hold me back. In fact it's usually the other way around; i.e. I am a killjoy.

Do you often do things alone?

I'm open to having great experiences obviously, but it's always better if I'm enjoying it with people I love. I don't want to be dependent on them for my happiness, however.

>>37232462
Great stories man. You know, I really think a good majority of people here have opportunities thrown at them, but they are either too beta, too tired, or too unconfident to pursue them. I want to break free. I've been unhappy for way too long.

By the way, I've gone through somewhat of a rough patch during HS, and worked my ass off to get into an ivy. I'm going to graduate "virtually" debt free too. However seeing people who really suffered and put their name out there makes me more suicidal than anything. It makes me realize how shitty I am at handling things.

The thing is, I don't even want accolades or awards or whatever these overachievers do. I just want the constant boring replaying of self-pity, self-loathing, and fanfictions to end.
>>
>>37232563

cont.

And in addition to saying that a lot of people have opportunities thrown at them, I think the majority of life-changing advice anyone will ever hear is common sense.

I mean, the things you're saying right now, essentially "take risks and don't look back when you're taking them" is literally common fucking sense. Anyone with half a brain can think of these things.

The funny part is that if a friend came up to me with the problems I have and asked for advice, I would say the stuff you're saying. Although, I guess it makes me a hypocrite because I don't follow my own advice.
>>
>>37232563
>Do you often do things alone?

Yes, and I probably always will. It's just me

>I want to break free. I've been unhappy for way too long

This is how I felt. I broke free by doing insane, stupid stuff frequently for several years in a row. Stuff that was unexpected and a shock to the system. By insane and stupid, I mean things that just weren't logical or thought through, not necessarily dangerous or expensive things. I stopped trying to plan my life, and I made rash decisions one after the other (oh, it's 12am and I have work tomorrow? Let's call up my friend and go to a nightclub...oh, I don't have plans this weekend? let's gather the troops and do a road trip to a nearby city). I don't do this as much anymore, but I am glad I did it.

>>37232600

>And in addition to saying that a lot of people have opportunities thrown at them, I think the majority of life-changing advice anyone will ever hear is common sense. I mean, the things you're saying right now, essentially "take risks and don't look back when you're taking them" is literally common fucking sense. Anyone with half a brain can think of these things

Exactly. Which is why I posted this. I want to give an account that, yes, it isn't just nonsense platitudes. It worked for at least this robot.

>Although, I guess it makes me a hypocrite because I don't follow my own advice

I don't follow all my advice. But enough of it to have made significant strides.
>>
>>37232462
>When we all turned 21, a few friends of mine asked me to go to a bar legally for the first time

Hey everyone this guy was a robot and now he's a normie. WEW. LAD.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.