[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death by amoeba

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 12

I think I'm actually dying robots.
I went to a state park with my weeb friend yesterday and I shot some of the spring water into my nose while swimming. Either I'm seriously ill mentally, but I have symptoms of having naegleria fowleri, a brain eating amoeba.
I may actually die in 5 days. I woke up this morning unable to count to 6 without trying at least 8 times. And other symptoms like smell and taste seem to have manifested as well.
The disease actually has 95% mortality rate, and the 4 cases of people who have lived got treatment right away.
wat do?
>>
>>37228305
F amoebanon
>>
you're an idiot
the bad news is you can't die from ignorance
>>
>>37228350
why am I an idiot? I'm in the one of the states it's most common, not that it isn't rare.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/23/health/brain-eating-amoeba-florida-teen-survives/
>>
No such luck kiddo, though you might be able to trick your body into just dying because you believe you will so hard.
>>
>>37228305
Couldn't count to 6 this morning... But you can post this?

I'm calling bullshit
>>
>>37228439
Confusion is one of the symptoms
I haven't had an seizures yet, but I already have headaches from what would normally be a /comfy/ day. Literally just read Elliot threads all day at work.
>>
Look at life after death. If you don't believe in it now these last few days wouldn't matter anyway, might as well look into what most of the world believes.
t. Christian
>>
File: help.png (32KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
32KB, 246x232px
>>37228305
Go to the nearest hospital and describe all of your symptoms. If you don't have health care, still go, being dead is probably worse than being a couple thousand in debt, which could probably be negotiated.

Good luck.
>>
>>37228305
your claimants will be receiving your darwin award in your stead

have fun in hell, I'll meet you there someday
>>
>>37228900
I'm worried I'm just being a complete lunatic and there's nothing wrong though. I keep trying to think about my experience rationally. It's rare, yet I'm one of the more common places it occurs. I also really did deliver the spring water, directly into my nose, like breathed it in violently.

I'm not sure if waiting a day is too dangerous, people literally die in 5 days from this bullshit.

>>37228890
I'm not religious, but somehow I kind of believe in an afterlife sometimes. I'm not sure what I could read that would make me truly believe in anything metaphysical like that
>>
I'm not a doctor anon, but I think you're fucked. Death is a fact of life, so try to finish up any bussiness on earth and say goodbye to anyone you love (like your weeb friend). Also, you might as well splerge on your hobbies and fap to your heart's content.
>>
>>37229071
The day you've already waited is unlikely to be too long, but the sooner you have medical treatment the better your chances are. If you're worried about unnecessary hospital admission, at least go to a doctor and ask him/her to check that you don't have amoebic meningitis.
>>
>>37228305
>I went to a state park with my weeb friend yesterday
GO TO A DOCTOR RIGHT NOW YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE IT WILL AT LEAST TAKE A WEEK BEFORE YOU DIE
>>
>>37229267
Do you think any doctor can check for this? I just took my temperature, seems normal. They're going to have to shove a needle into my nose to get a sample if I understand what I've been reading so far.

I'm also a bit paranoid about being institutionalized wrongly.
>>
>>37229429
just straight ask for that, even if they thin kyour a fool at least you ll know it s better that than die like shit. you don t not have many time. leave the computer now and go straight to an hospital. Ask them if it isn t that
>>
go outside they said
Makes me feel good that i don't leave the house, it's dangerous out there.
>>
>>37228305
Clearly the best course of action is to ask r9k what to do instead of going to a doctor.
>>
>>37229429
>Do you think any doctor can check for this?
Yes. I think your doctor can either check for it or give you an urgent referral to someone who can.
>>
>>37229481
Idk, I'm literally such a faggot. I want to die half the time anyways. It'd literally break the fucking bank if I ran to a hospital right now. Waiting can literally be fatal, but fuck it's only(?) been like 30 hours since I got out of the water from that state park
>>
>>37229494
What would you guys do if you only had 5 days to live potentially? I'm thinking about writing a memoir, I don't want to. But dying would literally ruin my parents lives forever. Maybe writing something before I go completely senile would help
>>
>>37228305
How are ya feeling now, OP?
>>
Rip OP, sorry it had to end like this but that's just your life, not ours. Sorry it's over pal, I'd give you a polite slap on the back if I could but I can't because you're talking to people on the internet
>>
>>37228305

Well you definitely have the amoeba since you decide to post on /r9k/ before contacting a doctor.
>>
>>37229812
stressed, got a mild headache, kind of zonked out of my mind. My temperature seems normal. I'll green text something that happened to me today on the way home from work.
>drive fast kind of naturally
>new mustang trying to pass me
>don't realize this and actually close the gap he wanted to pass me through
>he starts tailing me
>I start weaving through traffic going 70 in a 55 mph zone
>mustang follows me through all the traffic
>I pull into gas station
>he's pulling in to
sweatingpepe.jpg
>I frantically start reaching into the glovebox for my pistol
>he pulls into autozone instead of 7-11 after this race???
>literally shaking so much I can't put my card in the gas pump
conclude that this guy was buying performance parts so he could outrun my beater looking car next time we race
>>
>>37229670
how tf do you expect to be able to write if you cant even count you faggot
>>
>>37230014
There's a little trick they teach med students to check if someone is having cognitive problems. Hold your tongue and try say lemonaid, if everything is alright it should sound like you were saying mermaid, not lemonaid. Everything you have been saying is a cause for concern anyway man, might be better to just skip this test and go to the doctors.
>>
>>37230094
How does this "trick" make any sense?
>>
File: supermans-eye.jpg (30KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
supermans-eye.jpg
30KB, 400x359px
>>37228305
If it's running water (like a river not a lake) you should be OK
>>
>>37230014
It doesn't sound as extreme as the other cases. I think you're fine, but it it really bothers you, go get it checked.
>>
>>37231524
it's literally only been a bit over 24 hrs since I left the water. I've accepted for now, that despite some things I experienced today that were eerily similar to the symptoms. I'm holding on till tomorrow. If in like 2-3 more days I'm actually dying, seizures, vomiting, I'll come back to update.
Thanks everyone
>>
File: 1470348123020.jpg (74KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1470348123020.jpg
74KB, 800x792px
My second cousin died from this a couple years back, and her description was right in line with what OP is feeling, along the same timetable. I remember watching her struggling to count to 9 before we decided she should go to the hospital (we lived together for the summer). This brings back painful memories...
>>
>>37228305
just started raping willy nilly
start with the beautiful babies
>>
>>37231885
Greentext what happened for us and OP so he knows what he's in for.
>>
>>37231975
>sister is 2 years old
>she is running around weirdly and throwing tantrums more than usual
>ask her to try count to 10
>she struggles to count to 9
>take her to the hospital to get her put down
:(
>>
>OP says he's afraid he has a fatal illness
>Refuses to go to the hospital
You didn't even go swimming you stupid attention whore.
Sage
>>
File: IMG_20170522_124843.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170522_124843.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>37232094
I did you homo, this was the only picture I took in the state park, but you can look at the exif data for location.
I'm already saging my own thread though. I'm too much of a poorfag to bankrupt myself if I turn out to be delusional (not that unlikely). I'll update you guys if I'm dying in 2-3 days, like vomiting or having seizures
>>
>>37232220
Honestly, have you even tried count to 10 again?
>>
>>37230094
>>37230158
I have a bachelor's degree in science and nursing and I've never heard of this before.

If you had problems with the hypoglossal nerve then you'd know it because you wouldn't be able to move your tongue.
>>
>>37232329
I did as you just asked, that was kind of like natural though, when I couldn't do it in the morning. The confusion symptom is strange, I felt like I was in a haze for so long at work. When I should've been excited I had nothing to do, and was just reading Elliot threads. And I was, but idk felt weird.
I'm dizzy right now, as of the last 10 minutes. I'm telling myself it's all in my head. Maybe I need sleep, but that wouldn't make sense to me intuitively. I slept 9 hours, perfect for me. I woke up feeling well rested.
>>
File: brain eating amoeba.jpg (49KB, 563x388px) Image search: [Google]
brain eating amoeba.jpg
49KB, 563x388px
You're fucked OP
Look, they're laughing at you
>>
>>37232424
Are you able to maintain an erection?
>>
File: 1362295.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1362295.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
>>37232432
you made me laugh, have this related apu pepe I saved.

>>37232505
what would that have to do with anything? I haven't tried fapping yet though.
>>
>>37232424
Honestly OP, I don't think you'd get admitted into a nut house for being worried about something like that. have a lot of medical professionals in my family and they have people that come in with psychosomatic symptoms all the time.

Just go now, really, REALLY not worth the risk.

I know you said you weren't religious and this thread is probably a ruse but I'm praying for you amoebanon.
>>
>>37232521
that could actually be a quaker, not a doctor. Just noticing this

>>37232530
I just can't do it until at least tomorrow, I'll lose all my shekels if I go. Thank you anyways for the concern
>>
>>37232521
Boners can be a good indication of what's going wrong and in which body-system. If you're having issues jerking off, and it is not typical for you to be having these issues, it might indicate there is something wrong in your subcortical and cortical regions. The mesial temporal lobe and amygdala in particular tend to go first with this particular amoeba.

If you aren't able to orgasm, I would be really concerned.
>>
File: sad apu.jpg (41KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
sad apu.jpg
41KB, 657x527px
>>37232628
well, I guess I'm off to >>>/gif/ fora little while then

side note
I checked my 20$ worth of mega millions tickets I bought yesterday in anticipation for Elliot's anniversary..nothing :/
If I won like 100$ I'd call it a sign and go to the hospital now
>>
RIP OP

originalreno
>>
>>37232813
Always next year. Don't forget that stress and anxiety could impact your performance, so don't be too distressed if you're unable to orgasm. If you do feel that your symptoms progress, go to a doctor ASAP, and tell him all of your symptoms. It's critical to know how far it could have progressed through your brain, so be sure to tell him things like you having intermittent difficulty counting to 10. Although it might be embarrassing, telling the doctor about any difficulty you have jerking off is critical to better inform his next decision.
>>
So, why would anyone swim where brain eating amoeba hang out?
>>
>>37232929
I swear there's a bottle of amoxicillin somewhere in my room, or maybe my mom has it. That wouldn't be a bad idea I'd think right?
>>
>>37232996
>So, why would anyone swim where brain eating amoeba hang out?

They can be pretty much everywhere, m8.

>Naegleria fowleri, colloquially known as the "brain-eating amoeba", is a species of the genus Naegleria, belonging to the phylum Percolozoa. This microorganism is typically found in bodies of warm freshwater, such as ponds, lakes, rivers, and hot springs. It is also found in the soil near warm-water discharges of industrial plants, and in unchlorinated or minimally-chlorinated swimming pools.
>>
According to this, death comes quick after you start showing symptoms. You're fucked, OP. Looks like a shitty way to go too.
>>
>>37233045
Don't do that..

Enjoy life as a potato when you wake up after your little sleep. You think life is bad now? Just wait until you walk and talk like a legit retard. IF you do survive, enjoy being treated like a special needs spastic by everyone as they try help you walk and throw balls again.

If I were you, I would stay awake and keep an eye on how quickly you start drooling.
>>
>>37228305
go 2 doctor Anon
>>
>wake up in morning
>can only count to potato
>decides to go on 4chan instead of rushing to hospital
There are better ways than this to kill yourself.
>>
File: op.jpg (30KB, 470x698px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
30KB, 470x698px
Give it another day before going, make sure it really gets into your brain nice and deep like
>>
>>37232929
well, it actually was a little harder to fap. But yeah I am under some stress, I want to say it's in my head that the feeling was kind of numb and that it took a lot of concentration to finish.
But it can't be! this shit is RARE! I'm scared, I wanna say it's in my head still
>>
>>37233378
Why are you amoeba faggots such dicks?
>>
fuck man, I'm in tears right now. I've never been to a fucking ER, do they take credit? or I'll probably just get a bill right? This stupid shit will ruin my life even if I get treatment and live I'll bankrupt my family
>>
>>37233387
On the bright side, it's rare enough to get your death in the newspaper.
>>
I hate my life anyways, but the biological will to live is fucking strong
>>37233438
>>
>>37233387
Come on man, even you should know that this is not normal.

Have you ever had all this happen to you before? Get to a doctor. Tell him everything, including how you could not count to 6, the paranoia, and your difficulties masturbating. It's not normal to have to concentrate to finish while jerking yourself.

This shit kills people so fast dude, you might go down in history as one of the lucky people that survived because you reacted quickly.
>>
>>37233438
You won't need to worry about money anymore when you go full retard.
>>
>>37233438
Have you got insurance?
>>
>>37233530
no I don't I had Medicaid that was only useful for exactly shit like this expire a few months ago.
I'm gonna talk to my dad about this, he's going to think I'm crazy
>>
>>37233557
Good idea. Stay strong, and do not shy away from telling him everything. Nobody EVER has troubles counting to 10 man, that's a really, really fucked up sign something is wrong.
>>
>it's been five hours
Christ, slowly losing your mind on 4chan, do you really want to go out like this?
>>
>>37233438
You really think it's an ER type of situation? You might just be having panic attacks, anon. It could be psychosomatic.
>>
>>37233652
>can't count to ten
>just a panic attack

Yeah I don't really think so.
>>
>>37233557
Dear Dumbass,

Call 911.

Love,
Your Savior
>>
>>37228305
>can't count to 6
>tried 8 times
If I stay on this board too long, will I end up like this too?
>>
>>37233746
Actually, not being a shut in loser for once is what killed OP.
>>
>>37233652
OP did the masturbation test, and had trouble jerking off. This is serious.
>>
>>37233746
It would be extremely painful.
Onigiri
>>
File: 1494712138895.jpg (10KB, 179x151px) Image search: [Google]
1494712138895.jpg
10KB, 179x151px
Include me in the screencap when anon fucking dies
>>
>>37233557
UPDATE US
>>
>>37233845
go back to whatever shithole you came from loser
>>
OP here, I'm fine sorry to worry you guys
>>
>>37233872
I took 1000mg of metronidazole and I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning for more symptoms
>>
>>37234299
Found a video of your family taking you out for walks if you ever survive this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlNCz-SF-5I
>>
>>37234199
>cant mastubate
>cant count to six
>losing his mind
>hes fine
ok
>>
There have been 37 infections in 10 years. The chances you have this are extremely low.
>>
>>37234450
Yeah there has to be another reason he has trouble masturbating and couldn't count to 6
>>
>>37234469
>couldn't count to 6
Maybe he's black
>>
>>37228305
ur a hypochondriac brah
>>
>>37233557
What did daddy say?
>>
>>37234533
Nothing really, listened to all the details. Minus fap session that was a little different. He said I have nothing. He'll always say this no matter what I tell him.
I explained to him when I has insurance about going to the allergist, to get shots for immunization. And he just always has like a skeptical kind of idea about anything being unhealthy with me. Finally would break ground when I explain like testing I had done
>>
>>37234662
Is English your first language? Your writing is a bit sloppy.
>>
>>37228305
A brain eating amoeba is going to starve to death inside of your skull.
>>
>>37234686
It is, sometimes I type a retarded naturally. But I noticed I'm typing kind carelessly here, which is unusual
>>
>>37234662
I hope your dad has fun when he sees your dead body.
>>
>>37234741
Mmm. Welp, have fun becoming a potato!
>>
>>37228305
Then go to the fucking doctor immediately wtf
>>
>>37234741
anon you're scaring me I don't even know why, but please please go to an ER
>>
>>37228305
>unable to count to six
>tried at least 8 times

Literally laughing at how fucking dumb you are, you fucking hypochondriac.
>>
Do we have a deadly amoeba? Can /r9k/ count to 6?
>>
>Murrica
>greatest country on earth they say
>forces people to choose between making the decision to go to their doctor to get checked for a potentially life threatening condition and going bankrupt, or death
>>
Let's try again
>>
>>37234971
it is fucking rare man, that's why I'm holding onto my shekels. Telling my parents about this nonsense is embarrassing as fuck, but I was looking for antibiotics at the very least, and I didn't want to take off into the the night to go to the ER without saying something.
>>
Not looking good
>>
>>37235002
Can you go both forward and backwards through the alphabet?

Here's a good test, think really hard for this one because it's a bit of a trick question. What number is between 2 and 4?
>>
>>37234989
>>37235001
>>37235006
/r9k/ confirmed for deadly amoeba
nice knowing you guys, but it looks like the board is going to die
>>
>>37235030
dude I had trouble believing that W goes after V and had to google it cause I got stuck like 3 times. idk if I'm just full retard of what, backwards was a complete joke. I tutor programming at my school, can't be that retarded can I? I've never really recited the alphabet backwards though, I dont think.
>>
>>37235030
>>37235077
I'm also getting more loopy but I could be tired, I want to go to sleep but my parents are keeping me awake. I'm spooked by the alphabet thing though, cause normally you just blaze through that shit in forward
>>
>>37235077
What about the number question?
>>
>>37235093
I thought up the pretty much instantly, but I read the question as >what is a number between 2 and 4? that's inconsequential I think
...it's three right? hah
>>
>>37235114
The CDC Emergency Operations Center offers 24/7 assistance. Call them.

Tell them everything.

Also, how was the water? Was it cold and running?
>>
Are you vomiting OP?
>>
>>37235114
Fever? Headache? Vomiting? Stiff neck?
>>
>>37228305
Hello Anon, I know what are going through. I had a similar experience last year with a friend of mine. I became entranced with the thought of it happening to me. I have OCD as well as hypochondria and it consumed my every thought for so long. IF you are unable to smell ANYTHING tomorrow, then you can be worried, until then, it is probably you overthinking it and letting your worry manifest into physical symptoms.
>>
OP is dead, no update from him for over 12 hours. RIP
>>
>>37235390
Did your friend die?
>>
>>37228305
How are you able to know you tried 8 times if you can't count to 6?
>>
Bump i want op
>>
Op here i am going to a doctor i can't feel my legs and just pooped my pants
>>
>>37235230
Interesting, I would've called them if I knew earlier

>>37235384
>>37235337
No vomit, no more headache either, bit of a stiff neck but I don't attribute it to the potential amoeba.

>>37235390
unfortunately I have a shit sense of smell to begin with, so that won't be a good measure. A strange smell the night I got home from the park is what made me start thinking about this at all though.
And I am somewhat of a hypochondriac, but if you read through the thread tonight you should notice I really have tried not to make mountains out of mole hills. The most compelling thing that caused me to worry so much was how violently I got the water into my nose, very far in. Thank for sharing though, I feel better

>>37235755
I know it took more than 5 times at least, I noticed how bizarre it was at the time.

>>37235536
>>37235776
I was talking to my dad. I'm going to bed guys. If I don't update you in a new thread or something, you'll know I was full of shit I guess. Hoping for that.
>>
>>37228305
If you think you may seriously be showing symptoms, go to the hospital IMMEDIATELY.

However, if you live in the southeast like me and have swam in almost any body of water such as lakes, rivers and yes, even some swimming pools, it is highly likely that you have been exposed to this particularly nasty amoeba many, many times in your life. It is highly unlikely that you will become infected, but in the event that you think you may have become infected, see a doctor immediately and without hesitation if you value your life. I wish you the best, and I pray that you don't have it.
>>
>>37235991
Make a thread or reply in this one if it's around tomorrow and update us on how you feel. Did you call that group like the other anon suggested?
>>
>>37236063
no, I'm setting that boundary on myself until proven otherwise. Thinking and discussing it with the CDC will make me believe it's real even more.
>>
>>37235991
>bit of a stiff neck
How stiff? If it gets worse go to the hospital. You may be showing early symptoms of meningitis.
>>
>>37228305
You shall not die. I will not allow it.
>>
Hey atleast you get to enjoy playing with putty and building blocks if you survive. You're legit going to be the poo poo pee pee naughty boy meme hahaahahhahahahahaha
>>
rest in rip OP we knew him well
>>
File: 1473016419035.jpg (74KB, 807x802px) Image search: [Google]
1473016419035.jpg
74KB, 807x802px
>>37234726
Made my morning, thank you anon.
>>
File: 1472285825486.png (32KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
1472285825486.png
32KB, 400x428px
>>37228305
Enjoy being a potato
>>
He ded oroRo
>>
>>37228305
>I went to a state park with my weeb friend yesterday
>my weeb friend
>friend

good
one less normie in the world
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.