[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think your parents have given up on you yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (49KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 511x428px
Do you think your parents have given up on you yet?
>>
>26 years old
>have quit 7 jobs, never staying long enough to use any of them as a reference
>moved out for 6 months cause cousin needed a roommate, but then he got married 4 months in and I had to move back in with parents when lease expired
>haven't had a job in 18 months, don't have a car, go days at a time without leaving the house
>too scared and timid to talk to either of my parents now, communicate through texts, always avoid being coming up to the main floor when they are down there
>have gained 70 pounds in the last 2 years
I think it's safe to say they've given up on me
>>
I demonstrated unarguably how society sucks and explained that I'm better for not conforming to it and that my endless rebellion is the greatest of all possibilities to ask from a son.
>>
I haven't spoken to them in over a year. They pay for my apartment, paid for my car, pay for my cell phone, internet, utilities and for me to buy groceries and supplies. And some money for whatever I want. I get the same amount each month. I think it's set up so it automatically takes from their account and deposits it in mine so they don't have to remember to do it and think about me once a month. They chose an apartment over 40 miles away for me so they don't have to ever feel bad for not seeing me.
I think it's safe to say they've given up on me.
I feel bad because I was their only child and come from a long line of wealthy, accomplished, highly-intelligent people. Clearly something skipped a generation, though. They tried really hard to turn me into something, but I think sometime around my 28th birthday, after continuously failing to meet their decreasingly low expectations, they realized that I was kinda past the point of even being a caricature of what they wanted for me. They didn't want me to starve so they set this up for me (it's really not a lot of money for people of their status), but I think they're just tired of making the effort and want to move on and forget about this major disappointment in their lives.
>>
I haven't had a girlfriend in my 26 years of existence, yet somehow my mom thinks some day I'll magically get one.

Time to wake up and smell the physically-unattractive flowers, mom.
>>
>>37187360
I'm not sure but if feels like shit knowing I've given up on myself.
>>
I gave up on myself... I came to the conclusion that I would just live life in ease and when things got tough (ie my parents kicking me out) that I would just end my life, not worth living anyways.
3 weeks ago I stopped smoking cigarettes and weed and stopped drinking and started exercising at the gym. I am still alone in this world but I am going to a better place than I'm at. I'm determined to, and as long as my trajectory remains positive I will not despair; I refuse to despair.
Robots; where you are doesn't matter. Trajectory is all that matters, and trajectory can only be changed with determination. Are you willing to become determined? Do you have any fight left in you, or will you die like a dog?
There is no right or wrong answer, but you owe it to yourself to answer. And if you are truly out of fight and fire then you may as well enjoy your surrender in the form of drugs and shit.
>>
>>37187360
Yes they never gave a real shit in the first place
>>
>>37188894
How is the 9th grade going?
>>
They both died in my teens. Things weren't too bad at that point. The silver lining to their early deaths is that they didn't see what a loser I turned out to be.
>>
>>37187360
Most of the times, but sometimes they get their hopes up and ask about a gf or job

Those moments hurt
>>
I would hope so
if they haven't they are blind
>>
>>37187360
in some ways yes and in other ways no. It's a bit complicated
>>
>>37187360
They have no idea I'm gonna be a shut in after college, or that I won't make a single friend here
>>
anybody who wants to talk to someone who has gone through it and survived, please feel free to join, there is always hope:

https://us20.chatzy.com/25043211541021
>>
>>37189623
well please elaborate senpai
>>
>>37189797
My mother pretty much gave up on me the moment I was diagnosed with autism, but being a religious narcissist she was hell-bent on turning me and my sister into mini versions of herself. That never happened, we both turned out very different from her. I'm 21, she's 23, and mommie dearest still hasn't accepted it.
>>
Yeah, my father told me a couple years ago:
"You know anon, I want to ask you for forgiveness. Yelling at you a lot, forcing you into these programs during school, and trying to make college work for you... I was trying to shape you into something I determined, even before you were born, that you should be. But that was wrong. The way that works for some people is not for everybody. You should decide what you can- what you want to do. And whatever you do with your life, I want you to know I love you, and am proud of your kindness, your easy going nature... Just who you are. I know I was so hard on you growing up, but I want you to know I see things differently. I want you to know that I will be different.
Oh it hurt so much to hear.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 511x511px
>>37190530
I guess I missed that part where he gave up on you
>>
>>37187360
Nice cofee, i might have one myself
>>
File: 1477687058667.jpg (318KB, 1019x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477687058667.jpg
318KB, 1019x720px
They did when i turned 18
Now i have no family and am homeless and jobless, just drifting through locations, jobs and places to live until i inevitably kill myself or i can hopefully get crippled so i can get ssi
>>
>>37188971
it isn't not unless you can teleport me back to 1993-94 then I'll be in the ninth grade again
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.