[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autistic skills

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: 1477354942014.jpg (46KB, 640x644px) Image search: [Google]
1477354942014.jpg
46KB, 640x644px
ITT: things you're exceptionally good at, or just an uncommon skill you possess

>I can stall a conversation for an impressive amount of time
>good at reading people's reactions to things, the sincerity of their inflections, and when they're trying to think of things as they're talking

I don't use these skills very often, because I generally avoid talking to people
>>
I can do a pretty good indian accent for a white guy
>>
>>37134372
like you would know what an actual indian accent sounds like faggot
>>
>>37134372
Can you poo on the loo?
>>
File: 1470379108157.png (870KB, 1068x923px) Image search: [Google]
1470379108157.png
870KB, 1068x923px
I can judge someone to be a degenerate or not by looking at them for a bit, and I'm really flexible to the point of "oh fuck stop that's disgusting"
>>
>>37134412
Sure I do, I just have to go to the corner gas station to hear one
>>
File: 1492987986753.jpg (460KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1492987986753.jpg
460KB, 1200x675px
>>37134336
https://clyp.it/cy20z1jb

I'm literally autistic too autistic to start a band and having this ability doesnt keep the darkness away
>>
>>37134336
I know everything about post-war Japan and know a lot of information on Japanese politics from the mid-Showa era to the current Kinjo era, as well as their economic developement and their current social problems.

Obviously no one gives a shit in my southern Mediterranean country.
>>
>>37134531
Can you toot your own horn?
>>
>>37134569
That was fucking mildly cool dude.
>>
File: 1495163618658.jpg (438KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1495163618658.jpg
438KB, 4032x3024px
Apparently I'm really good at guessing what people are thinking about and predicting reactions. I've had people actual freak out over how accurate and detailed I can get. I'm just using common sense and emotional logic to guess through.

Also pretty good at free running and gymnastics in general, but that's more from practice than tallent.
>>
>>37134672
This is a basic social ability, not a super power. Metacognition is not special. Jesus.
>>
>>37134687
Its a skill as far as far as robots are concerned
>>
>>37134569
I've heard better harmonica playing from a sandy tuna fish.
>>
>>37134336
>can ramble on for literally hours. When I was younger, I used to think filibusters were the coolest shit
>have a deep understanding of state laws and how a trial is conducted. I had a crush on a girl whose parents were lawyers and I thought knowing this would impress her.
>have a large vocabulary because I literally read the dictionary when I was younger to train me for winning spelling bees
>have no sincere tells for emotions. I hate people being able to read me so I trained myself to not react facially and replaced every emotional repsonce with muscle tensing.
>>
File: iy37tgg9.png (90KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
iy37tgg9.png
90KB, 246x246px
>>37134336
Can cross a road like no one else in the world, can Literally be millimetres away from a car as I stroll effortlessly.

Drivers don't like it though so I don't show my skill too often.
>>
>>37134336
I can cut a conversation short just by joining it, and create a very awkward atmosphere afterwards when i'm sitting in silence.

I can also kill threads just by posting
>>
>>37134805
G-good to see you, anon...
>>
>>37134805
He wasn't lying. lol
>>
File: 1482633603513.png (760KB, 760x839px) Image search: [Google]
1482633603513.png
760KB, 760x839px
>>37134655
>>37134744
Yeah I uploaded a bad example
clyp.it/uraf4wwd
clyp.it/dot3ho3e
>>
>>37134757

>get As in AP Physics which was basically all math and formula/equation memorization-didn't have a calculator, had to do all my work on paper
>couldn't do pre-algebra and got my passing grades from copying others' work

>get Cs and Ds in english
>get tested for remedial classes and blow them out of the water with 'post-college' level vocabulary and reading comprehension

I think I have decent language skills. But I also think I'm retarded, so I'm still not sure.
>>
>>37134336
I've pretty much developed keyboard symbiosis.

My record speed is registered at 144wpm.

I can maintain approximately 130wpm while drunk and blindfolded.

I've been known to type without typos or incoherence and in reaction to conversations around me... while dozing off. I usually keep very hazy memories of those moments and vaguely remember typing before falling asleep.

My muscle memory is so well-trained I can pretend-type without a screen of even a keyboard. I dare say I do not make typos even while pretend-typing, though that is unverifiable.

I can carry a wireless keyboard and type using my torso as a support.

When I'm focused and I've picked up speed, I can reach about 90wpm with my right hand and 60 with my left.

I can also type equations through Word's modern equation editor at a speed of 120wpm.

Once, a computer went BSOD on me because it couldn't keep up with my relentless typing. Given, it only had a Pentium to speak for itself.

I'm currently trying to learn how to type with my hands behind my back.
>>
Jigsaw Puzzles.
Anything that has to do with using ones eyes to pick out pattern, shape, color.
Handy when it comes to fashion but fashion is lame.
>>
>good at reading people's reactions to things, the sincerity of their inflections, and when they're trying to think of things as they're talking
Thats the opposite of autism
>>
>>37135044
be careful about repetitive strain injuries

it took my guitar from me
>>
>>37135082
I practice anti-carpian stuff don't worry. My hands are my second best tool in the world and my companions through the night; I wouldn't lose them for all the gold in the world.
>>
>>37134991
Well you're certainly pretty good at bending notes, and that's one of the hardest things to master on a harp.
Not bad, keep playing. Blues harmonica is cool shit.
>>
>>37135072
Not necessarily. I'm on the spectrum and I can read emotions pretty well. I just have a hard time telling if someone is joking or not unless I know them really well. I suck at picking up sarcasm.
>>
File: Autism-is-my-superpower.jpg (74KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
Autism-is-my-superpower.jpg
74KB, 500x477px
>can pretty accurately tell someone's gender, age range and personality from the way they write
>can make a comprehensive theory about a scenario and make accurate predictions with very little information
>know the number values of all dota 2 hero abilites (haven't played in a while, so I wouldn't know what it is after the latest patches)
>know every hearthstone card, even those from the sets that rotated out before I even started playing
>can fully recite 96 marilyn manson songs (which have been the only songs on my playlist for about 2-3 years)
>am great at wordplay and making puns
>can consistently get either heads or tails for many times in a row (not a skill, just always happens)

But I can't hold a conversation without either getting over-the-top and cringy or being quiet and awkward. Neither can I develop an actual skill. Fuck me.
>>
>>37134991
play some eurobeat faggot

thats actually pretty darn good, harmonica is hard af
>>
I dont know if this counts as a skill but i have trained my body to wake up at the exact same time every day. My alarm is for 08:12 and without fail for the past year or so i have woken up at 08:11 and turn off my alarm before it rings. I almost forget what my alarm sounds like it has been that long since ive heard it
>>
>>37135072
I never said I was autistic, though I see how my thread subject would be misleading. I put it there because I wanted to brush past the obligatory, "were all autistic spergs, nobody here is exceptional at anything safe being a waste of oxygen" remarks.
>>
I have a pretty good long term memory (and can recall quickly) so ppl freak out whenever I remember details. So I often just pretend to take a longer amount of time to recall something.

I hate brainlets/normies
>>
>>37134336
I got insanely skilled and flexible hands, hand-eye coordination, and I'm ambidextrous.
I've proceeded to use my god given gifts to instinctively determine any items center of gravity and then autistically fidget and spin it on, between, and over my fingers in complex patterns i attribute mathematical value to.
Also i've trained myself to switch my dominant eye on command to keep up with whatever hand I'm currently favoring because i wanted to see if i could.

I now lose visual acuity and go cross-eyed when panicked.
>>
im very good at DDR
>>
>>37135391
you should try rocket league
>>
>>37134336
I can make a really good duck sound which is only possible due to my crooked teeth. it's a special talent no one else has because my teeth are perfectly missalinged to be able to do it.
>>
>>37134606
What social problems? other than not having enough babies, they seem to be doing alright.
>>
>>37135424
I did. I panicked.

This may or may not be an original post.
>>
File: 1491743380130.jpg (923KB, 1280x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1491743380130.jpg
923KB, 1280x1271px
>>37135111
>>37135192
https://clyp.it/lodexyci
harmonica is nothing compared to the mighty sheet as in composing

I want to be great at it but I feel depressed too often to sit and learn
>>
File: 518992.jpg (171KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
518992.jpg
171KB, 800x800px
>>37135526
That's a nice pic.

saved
>>
>>37134336
>>37134672
>Autistic skills
>inherently non-autistic skills
This triggers my literal autism
>>
None of you are actually talented.
Literally everyone can do this.
>>
>>37135526
Find what makes you happy and immerse yourself in it.
If you'd like to get better at composing, I suggest studying some music theory.
If nothing else, you might find it interesting and there's several YouTube tutorial series out there.
>>
>>37135620
Wrong.
Proof here : >>37135044
>>
>>37135620
Write two different paragraphs simultaneously with both hands using a different eye for each hand and have it come out legible. Go ahead i'll wait.
>>
>>37134606
>a relic from another time
>an autistic real life weeaboo
I thought y'all had died or move to /jp/ and /a/, your containment boards?
>>
>>37135478
Different anon.
Western culture is a fucking virus, i'm not lambasting it it just gets in every nook and cranny and spreads is all, and japans culture isn't as fun as most make it out to be.

Imagine being forced to study 80% of the time all day everyday and everyone from your family to your school to your classmates telling you hanging out with friends for a bit instead of working towards your future 24/7 past age 16 was a cardinal sin and that once you got that office job you had to bow and scrape when your higher ups hit you and belittle you in front of your coworkers and those coworkers were expected to laugh.

Now imagine being that young individual seeing that as there future but also seeing all those movies and tv shows from america showing how awesome social like post-18 is for them.

Which do you think they'll want to try and live out?

Japan being sticklers for tradition this now puts their entire social structure and older generations at hard angle and odds against the younger generations.
This has caused a boom in NEETS in a society thats backbone was a steady supply of tons of human labor thats now drying up.
To top it all off the kids growing up studying now lack social skills. Something like 85% of the males are as socially adept as the average r9k user but the women there recognize this.

Now you have dying industry and a shit ton of disenfranchised singles not making 2+ children for the meat grinder taking up government resources.

They're literally being crippled by social autism.
>>
>>37134336
hating myself
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.