[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to psychiatrist >does some tests, says he'll call

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: pepe_cry.png (101KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_cry.png
101KB, 500x366px
>go to psychiatrist
>does some tests, says he'll call me with next steps
>never calls me
>call the office 4 times in the last 2 weeks
>they say he will call me
>never calls me

why are psychiatrists such jews bros
>>
>>37115835
You've never been to the psych ward have you? You can only get out with the doctor's permission. Took me 2 weeks to see the doctor and get discharged once. These motherfuckers take so fucking long to process shit and get the ball rolling. Give it time.
>>
File: wojak.png (811KB, 1143x1387px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
811KB, 1143x1387px
>>37115835

desensitisation

they can't deal with people legitimately having lives of only suffering every day, so they block it out

treat us like troublesome clients in a grocery store

more reason to not have kids, I guess
>>
>>37115997
no ive never been in a ward. i just dont get it, it would be a 10-15 minute phone call, is that too long??
>>
>>37116159
Tell him that your sick of waiting and you're not happy with his medical care. You know make a small stink. Some doctors are just shit.
>>
>>37116313
but what if he gets mad then and prescribes me some bullshit. i don't want to piss of a guy who could fuck me up.
>>
i only went there two times
1 to get pills
2 to get pills in a larger dose so i can cut them up and save money
the pills have been working pretty good, never going to see that hack again, he is always suggesting i should do therapy, fucking oaf
>>
>>37116328
You don't want pills, anon. I'm stuck on an anti-depressant, psychotic, anxiety, and a benzo. Normally I would go off of them but I've tried and the withdrawal showed me a level of suffering I didn't know I capable of experiencing. Choose carefully.
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>37115835
yes yes... keep seeing your psychiatrist. Be sure to take whatever pills he recommends he was trained for this
>>
>>37116328
you have to do research about what they give you, dumbass
you need to get help before you end so fucked up that you need several stuff like this guy >>37116560
good luck, we are all gonna make it
>>
File: 1492006569763s.jpg (5KB, 250x192px) Image search: [Google]
1492006569763s.jpg
5KB, 250x192px
>>37115835
are you in love with your psych.
>>
>>37116328
Um. Could you get another doctor? And no one can force you to take medication. I'd go into the office and bitch a little. Be like, I'm misserable, I'm losing my mind and you guys are not doing enough to help me. *hugs*
>>
File: 1494644385814.jpg (9KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1494644385814.jpg
9KB, 242x242px
>>37116328
>>37116560
agree with this guy never buy into the pill-jew. Anti-depressents just make you lifeless. It is common to slowly gain weight on them as well as slowly lose all your libido (you will be unable to jack off eventually)
If you haven't been prescribed anything before they will likely start you on SSRIs.
Benzos i.e. xanax at least get you high but they can take over your life very quickly. I fell down the rabbit hole with xanax over a few months and barely remember any of it because I was taking very large doses. I tried to come off them myself and I ended up in the hospital after having a seizure.
ADD meds are just kiddy-meth. After taking daily you will never sleep without other drugs and lose your appetite entirely.
I ended up going completely psychotic through abusing vyvanse, aderall instant release, and xanax. I had all of these prescribed to me by a psychiatrist at the same time, obviously looking back it just shows how fucked up that psychiatrist was.
Now I am an extreme case and not everyone will get prescribed that stuff (i believe laws changed so they cant legally prescribe benzos and amphetamines at the same time) but take my word for it. Pills are just a bandaid and it wont help you heal in the long run. Pills will "fix" the problem for a little while but before you know it you are worse than when you started off and now you have reliance on pills to deal with.
>>
>>37116935
This.
I did 14 sessions of ECT over a period of 2 years a few years ago. Nothing prepares you for that shit. Those 2 years are erased from my memory. Didn't cure or treat anything.
>>
>>37116935
If it wasn't for my meds I'd be suicidal. I hate people who are like you. Maybe you know what it's like maybe you don't. I tried not taking my meds. My life spiralled down hill. I seriously thought about killing myself. So for you to say don't take them. Fuck you. My meds have side effects. I have daily tummy aches. But I'd rather deal with those then to feel like I'm going out of my fucking mind.
>>
>>37116935
Ok, let's say pills are bad. What else can you do to fight against your mental condition? Being dozed is the only thing that keeps you sane bud
>>
>>37117008
Really? I was considering ECT when I was deep into it and didn't see any other real options.
>>
>>37117089
>electroshock
Are you retards or are you really desperate
>>
>>37117080
Exactly. I tried a lot of non pill methods. Changing my diet, getting exercise, aroma therapy, ect. None of that made my depression go away. Maybe for people who have a reason to be depressed those things work. But my depression? It's genetic. I've been depressed since i was at least 6 years old. I have a permanent chemical imbalance in my brain.
>>
>>37116935
>>37116610
>>37116560
what am i supposed to do then? therapy is a joke, nothing else works.
>>
File: 1491313848432s.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1491313848432s.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>37117064
>>37117243
>>37117080
yeah you realize you have the downhill spiral and suicidal thoughts after not your pills because you have been taking them for awhile and your brain has adapted to them being supplied to it. Of course any sudden change that greatly affects your neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine) is going to fuck with your emotions heavily while your brain is trying to adapt to the neurochemical roller coaster you are taking it on.
The whole point of my post is to never start on the pills. Take the time to learn about yourself, how your brain works, and how you can live a lifestyle that is mentally healthy for you. This is the best solution in the long run. If you were to actually read about the pills you take you would realize they are not meant to be taken for more than a few months. They are not meant to be a permanent solution and that is why they are ineffective.
The permanent solution is to live a lifestyle that keeps you mentally healthy.
>>
>>37117263
i dont take any pills.
i have never lived a lifestyle that kept me happy. I do not enjoy anything.
>>
>>37117263
BS. I was off my meds for 4 months. You don't know fucking shit.
>>
File: 1492027208876.png (227KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1492027208876.png
227KB, 500x405px
>>37117243
>>37117080
>>37117064
same poster >>37117263
I may be completely wrong but just realize there are different schools of thought on mental ailments and how to treat them.
I would be weary of listening to those who directly profit from pushing you down the pill-route. I wasted nearly a decade of my life before I escaped from this hole.
SSRIs, SNRIs, other anti-depressents, they just allow you to coast along life. There are no extreme bouts of depression/suicidal but at the same time there are no moments of happiness.
>>
>>37117263
>Take the time to learn about yourself, how your brain works
How would you be able to do it in the middle of, let's say, a schizophrenic delusion, or a paranoid cycle?.
I'm afraid there's nothing an insane person can do, it's either pills or a living hell.
My best friend has cyclic psychosis, and as long as he is on pills he is a zombie, but everything's fine. If he drops off on his medication he suffers several panic and paranoid attacks.
>>
>>37117412
>same poster

Check poster's counter little cunt
>>
>>37117127
In my state it's legal to do it involuntary as long as a doc says you need it.
>doing group therapy type thing called the partnership program
>meet one on one with doc once a week
>say something incredibly stupid to her one day about suicide always being an option
>didnt like what I told her
>put me in a 6 week hold with 8 sessions scheduled
>5 am they wake me up
>i don't want to hurt anyone but I'm not fucking going with them
>they strap me down to a wheelchair and take me to my section of the room
>strap me down to the bed and give me an IV
>feel burning sensation running up arm
>wake up in my bed in the ward with the worst headache of my life and no idea how the fuck I got back there
>dont fight them anymore since I figure the damage is already done
>the first 8 didn't work but next year for some reason different doc thinks 6 more will do the trick
>have maybe 4 memories including that one from that year
>>
Maybe not calling >>37115835
Maybe not calling you is part of the test.
>>
>>37117380
at some point you have to take life into your own hands and make yourself happy. You are not owed happiness in this world you have to earn it. It may be harder for you to become happy compared to other people but if you can figure it out it makes it all the more worth it.
>>37117401
your post doesn't tell me much, mental health is something that can take a long time to achieve and it's a constant goal to be working towards.
>>
>>37117380
I know how this feels. Pills are not perfect. There is so cure for depression. But I'd you're so miserable that life is unbearable I'd encourage you to give medication a try. It's going to be rough. I won't lie. Your not going to take a pill and feel better in 2 week. It will take time and your probably going to try a few different meds before one works for you. Depression is a battle.
>>
>>37117538
thats such bullshit though. i should be happy. if i were anyone else i would probably be happy. its not like im some neet wallowing in a basement.
>>
>>37117456
Like I said in other posts mental health is something to be constantly working towards. During a schizophrenic, psychotic, or manic break the person will be very unstable and require constant care either by medical professionals or close friends/family members.
I experienced extreme paranoia and delusions of grandeur during multiple psychotic/manic episodes (these are not the same thing but can be very related). I had thoughts that anyone who had been in contact with me in the past few weeks was working together to slowly bring me to suicide. So I can understand where you are coming from when you say it is impossible to make progress towards health while the brain is in such an unhealthy state.
>>
>>37117557
This made me laugh. I know exactly what you mean. I'm one of the luckiest girls. My parents have always been there for me and given me what I needed and most of what i wanted. I live where the sun always shines. I'm pretty, I'm smart, and creative. I'm a very lucky person. There's no reason why i should be unhappy. And yet I struggle with depression.
>>
>>37117679
Girl are you hot
>>
post here those who were DIAGNOSED with a mental disorder and got better without medication

I'm waiting you LARPing /pol/ faggots
>>
>>37117557
Well think about why others would be happy in your position while you are not? This is not an easy question to answer. It could be that you are not happy with a basic "good" tier life because you have set higher standards for yourself.
This is just one example but don't look at it as you are "messed up" All the others you see who are "happy" could be in the same position you are but fake their external happiness or don't even think about it, whereas you have the insight to think about self-actualization and would rather be honest with yourself that you are unsatisfied than fake being satisfied
>>
>>37117784
I'm 2 weeks off a diagnosis for my mental disorders and doctors think drugs are pointless for me because of my late diagnosis (age 30). Mainly because my brain has fully developed now and nothing I take will alter my behavior, it will only calm me down anxiety wise.
>>
>>37117263
You seem well informed, is there a term to qualify someone obsessed with a particular dream? Delusions of grandeur?

In my case it's severely bad, I used to play tennis when I was younger as a normal kid. I wasn't particularly gifted, so I lost interest in sports during high school to do things where I was better but since two years I'm literally obsessed with professional players and can't focus on college or my actual life. I just want to watch streams all day, not as a fan but as someone who wants to be there instead of them.

I'm 20 years, it's completely impossible for me to make it, it seems that my brain just doesn't want to process. What would you do?
>>
>>37117908
Tbh you sound autistic.
>>
Delusions of grandeur are very related to manic episodes as well as narcissism. An example would be believing you are very important, possibly to the point of being some sort of idol that others worship.
It sounds like you could just me reminiscent of the days when you used to play tennis and the positive thoughts related to it are coming up. Maybe try to join a club at your college to satisfy that "itch", even if it isn't the Wimbledon it will likely feel good.
>>
>>37117908
this post meant for you>>37118168
>>
>>37117949
Maybe, oddly I wasn't during my youth. Can autism hit someone at that age? I became like that after a bad experience of college at 18, it was just an escapism. After six months of the same routine, it really became autistic. Now, I'm 20 and it's worst than ever, I can't sleep with a clear mind.

Is there hope?
>>
>>37115835
Trust your mechanic to make you well
You see an awful lot of him now
The quicker he makes your life fall apart
The more money you put in his pockets
Trust your mechanic to plug your holes
Trust him to make more somewhere else
Trust your mechanic, he'll always come through and rip you off
>>
>>37118192
I'm not very knowledgeable. I just know what autistic people do cause I'm one of them. I think you need professional help though.
>>
>>37118168
>>37118189
I can't socialize since high school, I faced consequences a bit later I think. I would like social contact to be easier, you are totally right on that. I left the club at uni two consecutive years because people kind of ghosted me there.

Improving social skills can be long, could I clear my mind of tennis without years of effort to have a social life/gf? I want it to stop and read books like old time. It wasn't so bad.

>>37118242
Yeah I know, too bad I'm very shameful, thanks for the try. Talking about an autistic obsession to a shrink is a step I'm not ready for.
>>
>>37118360
You know I'm kind of in the same boat, I socialized well in middle school up until the early years of high school then seemed to fall off the wagon at some point.
For me I think it was getting obsessed with computers and online games. I completely withdrew from what social circle I had and actively avoided social contact.
Personally I've made progress by broadening what I do in my day. I'm not sure how you can escape tennis if you really cant go through a day without thinking about it and specifically, becoming a pro.
>>
>>37118530
We really are in the same boat, puberty (of the other kids) destroyed my life, I was really popular in elementary/middle school and then my delayed puberty made me look like an idiot in front of my old friends. I was looking like a kid until I was between 17 and 18. During high school, I was handling it with french literature, college was just too much.

You see, the thing is that I don't even really like to watch every top 20 player, I'm obsessed with idolized players like Federer and Nadal mostly. I watch their matches and read comments during hours an all tennis forums, in english, german and french. They are idolized but in a classy way, not like tv stars, it makes their life even more appealing for an amateur of art a little bit arrogant like me.

God, it's crazy how loneliness can twist a mind.
>>
>>37118741
>>37118530
I think alot of people start to be bullied/ostracized in late middle school/high school
>>
>>37118768
We should all try to get ride of the damages. This is far more important than woman hate or politics for us. We can't stay as damaged and grow up. It's conflicting.
>>
>>37118886
sure we can, ill probably be damaged for the rest of my life.
>>
I saw a therapist when I was 17. He was overly fixated on being "a friend" so he kept on using weird slang, saying he shared my hobbies by bringing up movies and laughing. Laughing particularly.
He wouldn't stop trying to become "a pal". When he laughed out loud after I said I wanted to die, I decided I would quit him.
>>
>>37119029
How were you bullied?

I still believe inside of me that there is a chance for the best of us, the ones who don't let depression and obsessions take the best of them. It's just so hard to find good advice, improvement books are full of awful platitudes for perfectly fine people. At the end of the day, we are all here complaining. This is why I'm here too.
>>
>>37119193
typical bullying i guess, just not being liked and picked on. I had a kid shove a hot chili in my mouth and rub it all over my lips once, shit burned all day.
They'd also fill my backpack with saw dust in wood shop. I even remember one time they took my backpack and hid it, the teacher watched the whole thing and never told them to give it back to me, he just watched.
>>
>>37119309
I have a backpack story too, the teacher was an alcoholic and a coward. They were doing passes with it during the class, it ended in the trash with all the girls laughing. A classic, I guess. During the same year, they pushed me from behind and broke my left wrist, I'm lefty. The teachers humiliated me by forcing me to write like a retard with the right hand because I needed results from what they said.

We are not robots from nowhere it seems.
>>
>>37119459
children are just sadistic, and most people never grow up
>>
File: red.jpg (103KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
103KB, 960x960px
So am I the only guy in here who actually likes their psychiatrist.

She's probably one of the only people I enjoy talking to, and never in my 2 years of seeing her has she forced me to take medication.
>>
>>37119480
They just ghosted you when they grow up. It's almost worst because I had good moments with some of them in high school even if I was bullied.

What do you prefer, those years or being isolate (if you're)?
>>
>>37119543
being alone is alot easier
>>
>>37116935

Very true. They can help short-term if you're desperate but then you get addicted/side effects and it's awful you turn into a fat zombie who can't wank and more depressed. And withdrawal is horrifying. I'm on week 2 cold turkey off Celexa and Prozac. Sleeping 4 hours a night. It sucks. Dont do pills.
>>
>>37117263

This poster is right on the money. Only people in denial will deny this fact. SSRI's are awful. Don't do them. Same shit happened to me, dude. Exercise + a bit of weed is wayyyy better for me.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.