[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with this struggling baby bird I found outside? It

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 20170515_161421-3628x2721.jpg (1MB, 3628x2721px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_161421-3628x2721.jpg
1MB, 3628x2721px
What to do with this struggling baby bird I found outside?
It apparently doesn't eat granola so this is going to be harder than I thought.

Already asked /an/, it'll die before anyone responds there.
>>
Kill it op.

Just end it's life
>>
>>37044169
Animal shelter or veterinarian.
>>
an would tell you to put it back
>>
>>37044169
Go look for some worms, crush them up, and feed the baby. Be a mom bird
>>
File: 1494745809944.png (240KB, 492x379px) Image search: [Google]
1494745809944.png
240KB, 492x379px
If dubs put it in a kitchen mixer
>>
>>37044169
Hard boil some eggs. Grind them up into crumbles. Powder the shell into DUST, not flakes and mix it in for calcium. That bird is already laying on its side though so I'm not sure it's going to make it.
>>
>>37044169
When I was a kid we would stick them in a makeshift nest/shoebox and feed them dry dogfood soaked in water (to be soft), with tweezers or pierced on a stick.

Sometimes they'd die after a while but most of the time they'd turn out ok.
>>
You need to feed it small chunks of earthworm using tweezers to drop them inside it's mouth. You can dig some up or go to a bait shop.

I helped my mother take care of some baby birds a long time ago.
>>
@sk >>>/an/
>>
>>37044304
This and get a warm blanket and make a "nest".
>>
Fill a sock with rice and warm it up in the microwave for about a minute and a half to keep it warm.
>>
>>37044169
Buy worms from pet store (or place that sells fishing stuff) and cut them up nice and small, and bird seed too. Be advised different types of birds like different types of seed.
>>
>>37044337

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM&ytbChannel=DesignMami

I Got A Pan
I Got A Plan
Imma Fry Dis Chicken In My Hand
>>
Cum on it
Post pics
Do it
>>
Make it an exit bag.
http://m.wikihow.com/Humanely-Kill-a-Rodent
>>
put it back in nest, its a myth they cant be put back and if you can give it some food.

>Prepare a shoebox with some soft nesting material (clean, dry cloths or paper towels).
Retrieve the baby bird from the makeshift nest and gently place it in the shoebox. You may also be able to remove the homemade nest from the tree and place it with the bird into the shoebox.

>Put the shoebox in a warm, quiet area of your home. Don't attempt to feed the baby bird.
>Contact your veterinarian, your local humane society or federally licensed wildlife rehabilitator for further guidance. The National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association (NWRA) has a website at www.nwrawildlife.org where you can find links to directories for local wildlife rehab organizations or individuals.
>>
Take your shit thread and these edgy comments somewhere else. >>>/b/ is a good place for you all.

Obligatory: >GTFOOO OFFFFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1490436182477.gif (545KB, 256x199px) Image search: [Google]
1490436182477.gif
545KB, 256x199px
>>37044169
help the little birbie
>>
Digits say you throw it in the street like a baseball pitcher
>>
>>37044587
This and also, if you have a cat, you can smash up some of that dry food and put a bit of water on it, birdos like that shit and it has good nutrition for em.
>>
It's not going to survive. Do it a favor and snap it's neck and burry it outside. I had a similar event happen on year where the robin's nest outside my house had three chicks in the next around that size and two of them kept leaping from the ledge down 10 or so feet onto the porch. No mater how many times I put them back in they would just jump again. The next day I found the two dead below the nest where they had leaped even further down and killed themselves. Weird but the way she goes
>>
>>37044169
If you can find its nest put it back OP. Otherwise keep it warm for now, make it a nest from some towels. It's unlikely the poor thing will live though.
>>
I think that's the kind of bird you're supposed to cum on.
>>
>>37044588
>shit thread
no actually but im sure you prefer trap threads faggot.
>edgy comments
only a few
>>
>>37044169
you see those talons?

That lets you know a long time ago it's ancestor would have crushed your tiny little rodent ancestor for just looking at it the wrong way, if it could it would today too. You should avenge your ancestors OP and kill it.
>>
put it out of its misery and end it quickly and painlessly. I've had a similar experience
>>
>>37046567
What makes you think OP is descended from rodents?
>>
Had this happen to me a few weeks ago. It's pretty sad but there is absolutely no way to save those things. I took it to a secluded area and and quickly stomped it to bits, that's what I would want done to me in that situation. Better than slowly dying from starvation and exposure while not knowing where my mom is.

Taking it to the vet is a silly childish idea, all they'll do is kill it when you leave because there is nothing they can do either. News flash nature sucks and people respect strong men who can make tough decisions a lot more than some handwringing cuck who tries over a dumb critter.
>>
>>37047291
I wouldn't respect somebody who stamps an animal to death, you sound unstable.
>>
>>37047872
What's the problem? Better than letting it suffer.
>>
>>37047120
its the jew nose

also that all mammals are
>>
Let it die or kill it. Its a robot bird hated by normie birds, by preserving its painful life you are doing something awful.
>>
Keep it warm. You can buy baby bird food at a pet store. Feed it with a little eye dropper.
>>
>>37047872
This is what you would have done right?
>Find dying hopeless baby bird
>Be overcome with grief and call your mom to ask what to do
>She says take it to the vet and she'll make it better
>Mommy drives you to the vet while you sob in the bitch seat
>Mommy brings in baby bird while you sit in the car browsing r/atheism hysterically ranting about how God can't exist because babby birdies can die
>Mommy gives vet $100 plus tip of your betabux to take birdie
>Vet kills birdie as soon as mummy leaves because trying to the life of a half dead baby sparrow is fucking retarded
>You have another good cry on the way home while mommy wishes she had a daughter instead
>>
if dubs
kill it
>>
If this post gets dubs you have to cum on it and post pics.
>>
>>37044169

If dubs put it on a frying pan and make some extra crunchy fried chicken.
>>
>>37047291

You sound like the sort of person who unironically uses the term 'virtue signalling'.

I mean I've killed a severely injured mouse before, but I wasn't proud about it on an internet anime imageboard.

What a big man you are.
>>
>>37044169
op, listen

it's fully feathered, that means if it was on the ground it's most likely a fledgling. They stay on the ground during the process of learning to fly and their mother still feeds them and watches them. It's mother was probably watching you abduct her baby. Go put it back exactly where you found it.

My family used to rehabilitate birds and people brought fledglings in all the time
>>
>>37044169
>>37048677
and by the way they don't eat fucking granola. It'll probably eat small pieces of blueberry though
>>
>>37048621

>He put a dying bird out of its misery

OOOH LOOK AT YOU. WHAT A BIG MAN YOU ARE!

Stfu plebbit. Leave
>>
It hasn't accepted you as it's parent yet. In order to do so, you need to jizz on it.
>>
>>37048621
>I mean I've killed a severely injured mouse before, but I wasn't proud about it on an internet anime imageboard.

Did you use your katana to defend mladys honor?
>>
>>37044169
End it op its more then likely going to die either way at least u can make it quick.
>>
>>37048443
>>37047930
these are stupid arguments

if there is a chance the bird can live, then it is inherently better to give the animal an x% chance of living over 0% chance by ensuring its fate yourself.

It is the "Black-and-White" fallacy. Your argument is based off the "face" that the bird either dies by your hands or nature's, with no chance of living.
>>
>>37048621
what does the term virtue signalling have to do with anything? lol are you some triggered lib from /pol/?
>>
>>37048900
and don't say that because there is a greater chance of it dying than living, then it is immoral because it is more likely going to suffer

It only has one (1) life, the suffering is worth the chance to live

if you don't think this way I am inclined to view you as a pathetic worm
>>
>>37048900
There's no "inherently" about it faggot, OP can do what he wants. Who's going to judge him, some whiny bitch on a somalian puppet theater newsgroup?
>>
put it back you retard
>>
>>37048900
>if there is a chance the bird can live, then it is inherently better to give the animal an x% chance of living over 0% chance by ensuring its fate yourself.
>It is the "Black-and-White" fallacy. Your argument is based off the "face" that the bird either dies by your hands or nature's, with no chance of living.

Except we don't live in a world of unlimited resources and personally I hold my resources as pretty fucking important. I'm not going to waste my hard earned money on the chance some dumbfuck dirty animal lives to shit on my car. I also not going to waste my time trying to nurse it back to health, time is money and the $8.10 an hour the market decided my time is worth is more than that bird is worth to me. Perhaps it would be different for some NEET leech like yourself but personally I'd like to stomp your skull in as well.
>>
>>37048929
>and don't say that because there is a greater chance of it dying than living, then it is immoral because it is more likely going to suffer
>It only has one (1) life, the suffering is worth the chance to live

I only have one life and I refuse to waste it trying to save the lives of mindless vermin that can never return my investment.

>if you don't think this way I am inclined to view you as a pathetic worm

You will die without reproducing, your opinion is invalid.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.