[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /r9k/ think about this game? What is your opinion?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: E1M1_imps.png (116KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
E1M1_imps.png
116KB, 1600x1200px
What does /r9k/ think about this game? What is your opinion? Do you like it?
>>
Aged like wine
>>
>>37027310
whats this? duke nukem?
>>
>>37027310
it's a great game no doubt about it.
>>
>>37027344
It's DOOM.

1 or 2 I dunno.

I've only played DOOM 64. Replayed it like a month ago actually.

My parents didnt let me play these sorts of games when they came out.

I was playing stuff like Crosscountry USA, Commander Keen, and Sim Copter,
>>
>>37027405
The image the first level of the first episode of Doom 1: E1M1, Knee Deep in the Dead, Phobos Anomaly.
>>
>>37027310
Great game. They just don't make them like that any more. I was 13 when it came out. Wish I could go back to those times, exploring all the new levels, finding all the secrets. My first fight with the Cyber Demon.

Doom was and still is very /comfy/
>>
File: Chex1_screenshot_feature[1].jpg (506KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Chex1_screenshot_feature[1].jpg
506KB, 640x480px
>>37027310
I almost forgot that I played Chex Quest.

Basically a kid friendly version of DOOM
>>
File: superaiteams.png (16KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
superaiteams.png
16KB, 640x400px
>>37027405
I loved Commander Keen.

Also played the absolute fuck out of Dune 2
>>
I like it. I think that it did some great things for the video game scene.
>>
not into the doom/wolf 3d type shooter. i really did enjoy doom 3, though.
>>
>>37027677
Cool. My first RTS was Red Alert.
>>
>>37027652
Chex Quest is such an interesting story. Basically, Chex management asked their team to think of a gimmick to gain sales, and a few were like "hey, we could make a Doom mod and include it in every box." That idea probably sounds really silly to most people, but it actually ended up making them ton of money.
>>
File: 1493217650762.png (239KB, 651x544px) Image search: [Google]
1493217650762.png
239KB, 651x544px
I was really into it for awhile.
I'm 25 so I was too young for it when it came out. I don't think I was even born when it came out.
I was more into Starcraft or Roller Coaster Tycoon 2.

I was into Doom for awhile, just checking it out and stuff and I really did like the map editor. I thought that was pretty cool. The multiplayer is like the most balanced shit I've ever played.

The whole concept of the game is really cool too. Basically, you're a marine, here's a gun, kill demons and live. Simple and to the point. No sjw pussy drama bullshit with fags and shit.

I kind of want to get back into the map editing though. Just for the hell of it. Maybe design some levels that are like places I know irl.
>>
>>37028212
I don't have it anymore but I made a level that was basically my house and yard (had a huge park down the back) and my neighbours house and just other houses in the street that you couldn't go into. It was pretty comfy sitting in my room with a shot gun while imps and shotgun zombies tried to get in and kill me.
>>
I like it with Brutal Doom. Purists can suck my dick. I thought the new Doom was bland and had lame weak weapons that weren't fun to use. It was a shit game. I sure am glad I didn't pay for it.
>>
Great game, honestly my first exposure to doom was The GBA ports when I was 12. But I still loved the fuck outta it.

But personally I don't think I've loved a shooter more than Half Life, but that might be the nostalgia talking. I remember renting that game out for the first time when I was 9 and it fucking blew my mind away.
>>
>>37027310
Yeah I'm sure no one knows what that is. The average "robot" was like 4 years unborn when the game came out. if anything they know about the various ports or just the recent remake.

I'm old as shit, 32, and even I was a little tiny kid when it came out. I didn't have it at my house, some kid with rich parents who worked in IT or STEM or something had it at their place.
>>
>>37028896
They literally had it on half a dozen demo computers at any CompUSA or Best Buy
>>
>>37028910
yeah, it was totally popular at the time. The sequel as well.

But again, the average 20 year old kid here still had 4 years to go before he would be born, and then more or less a decade until he'd actually find out about the game
>>
>>37027310
Its an FPS with no real aim and minor dodging, its almost on the level of a walking simulator.
>>
>>37028825
OP here.
I really like Half-Life too, the original one, the remastered Black Mesa, Half-Life 2 and it's episodes.
>>
I like Quake better but DOOM is pretty cool too. It's the kind of game you should at least give one serious go if you care about video games and their history.
>>
>>37027310
Fun game but massively overrated (probably nostalgia). Quake and Marathon were better. Doom 2 was also a piece of shit.
>>
>>37027652
I got this in a cereal box as a kid. I watched my cousin play doom in like 96 or 97 when I was 6 or 7 but I don't think I played it myself until I was 9 in 99. I used God mode a lot. I played doom 2 again when I was about 16 and it was still pretty legit.
>>
>>37027310
doom 2 is superior and the endless amount of wads are all pretty fun
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.