[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw want to connect with people more but 95% of how normies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Heat.jpg (25KB, 350x240px) Image search: [Google]
Heat.jpg
25KB, 350x240px
>tfw want to connect with people more but 95% of how normies socialize is trivial small talk that is insufferable
>>
>>37024353
>Expecting to get to level 25 right away

Got to get to know them first.
>>
that's because 95% of their thoughts are trivial and animalistic, if not more
>>
>>37024353

It's just as bad when robots try to be "deep" and just end up sounding like pretentious fools.
>>
I feel the same OP but I'm probably autistic so the only way I can really communicate with people is through discussing topics. It's more a problem with me though than the Normie's. The truth is, most of communicating isn't even about the content of the conversation but just the subtle things in between and the way you say things.

I've just stopped talking now when I can help it. I tried so long to try and be normal but it feels like I'm just emulating someone else and there's no point. Even if my words are 100% genuine it still seems fake when I say them. Feel like I'm I've got a life sentence in social isolation and its really fucking me up. I'll be surprised if I can live another decade like this.
>>
>>37024379
Why don't you get to know people here instead of spouting your shit, you little evil fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>37024353
You're not above smalltalk
>>
>>37024511
I 'know' this board very well. Your post didn't even make sense.
>>
I used to think this way as an autistic teenager before I realized the purpose of small talk. I used to be all why doesn't anyone want to talk about things that MATTER instead of SPORTS and WEATHER and shit, they talk but they don't SAY anything grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghghghggghg

Small talk requires little effort, doesn't require either person to reveal anything too personal about themselves, and keeps things light and friendly when you're first interacting with somebody. It might seem superficial, but honestly if somebody came up and started having a conversation with you would you rather they make some stupid quip about the weather or dig into you like "Hello sir, what do you think about the fucking HOLOCAUST? Do you regret how your parents raised you? What do you think happens when we die?"
>>
>>37024514
not saying I'm above it I just find it incredibly draining and soulless. I wish I could do it with the ease they do I simply can't. Nothing can come out of my mouth unless I truly mean it
>>
>>37024353
firs of all,whats the point with that Ledger pic?
>>
File: 1494310757315.gif (255KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
1494310757315.gif
255KB, 300x243px
>>37024856
"Hello sir, what do you think about the fucking HOLOCAUST?
top kek
i would like this to happen
>>
>>37024353
i have the same problem OP, cant make small talk, which is basically 90% of social interactions so cant really connect with others
>>
>>37024514
Yes I am.

Checkmate.
>>
>>37024353
>trivial small talk that is insufferable

small talk and normies aren't the problem, you are.

>>37024969
>incredibly draining and soulless

what

it's just a discussion, you make it sound like you're stuck in a Chinese prison labor camp. Get rid of that shitty attitude for starters.

>>37024856
>Small talk requires little effort, doesn't require either person to reveal anything too personal about themselves, and keeps things light and friendly when you're first interacting with somebody.

Exactly this. You're getting to know them. There's a whole wide range of spectrum between "hello nice to meet you" and "which race are you racist against? Come on, no, everyone is racist, pick one"

Hell even the most casual pastime like music can be a dramatic argument for some people.

Small talk gets bigger over time the more you get to know someone most of the time. It's just a matter of time.
>>
>>37025274
turbo extrovert detected
>>
>>37024969
>draining and soulless
smalltalk isn't just lying to people.
>>
>>37024969
You're just too lazy and dumb to learn social skills, and blame it on your "super intelligence" (which you don't have)
>>
>>37025544
I feel this way to and I'm not lying when I talk to people, but I can't keep a consistent storyline and just basically spill the spaghetti all over
>>
Small talk has nothing to do with words and everything to do with gauging current emotional openness and clarity of wit at the present moment in time.
It isn't common for any two people to be at the same levels simultaneously, and a smattering of blehs and wuhs are enough to tell how reactive we are thanks to subtle cues that are implicitly understood by the non-autistic.
>>
honestly FUCK being social
>>
>>37025567
when did I ever say I had super intelligence?
>>
File: kr104.jpg (19KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
kr104.jpg
19KB, 480x270px
Connecting with people is overrated. Most people you meet are boring and incompatible with you especially if you are actually robot. I found my friends through /r9k/ by shitposting with them.You cant joke around with people in person, its not socially ok and humor is more varied in person. Dont bother anon. Keep to yourself, if you find people you like wew if not you arent missing out on much.
>>
>>37024353
Learn how to have trivial small talk. Start interactions with trivial small talk and get deeper as the conversation goes on.
>>
>>37024353
The hardest part for me is having to feign interest.

I'm not going to say I'm some deep and interesting person however I find so much of what people talk about so mind numbingly boring. I just don't care what they have to say.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.