[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self-improvement Thread #1

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: 54ddeb522cc0a.jpg (172KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
54ddeb522cc0a.jpg
172KB, 700x700px
I am fucking sick of reading about fucking 18year olds complaining about retarded shit that they could solve themselves if they got up of their arses, and put some effort in.

Get in here, and lets try and build a brighter future for eachother. If you don't, you'll look up from your computer, realise that the years have slipped by, and realise that your peers are far beyond you in every facet of life.

You don't have to take any advice as concrete fact, but putting effort in will be worthwhile
>>
>>37023890

We all complain about retarded shit that we can solve.

It's just that none of us want to.
>>
>>37023952
>not wanting to better your situation.

Why? I not saying that I'm any better, but I've realise that I cannot keep living like a hermit.
Why don't / won't you?
>>
Thinking about starting a diet, senpai.
>>
File: 1491001479561.jpg (299KB, 1077x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1491001479561.jpg
299KB, 1077x1632px
I lost a bunch of weight last few years, now struggling to keep it off. I've gained a bit back, but, seem to have lost some of my former rigor and discipline. Any advice for keeping it off?
>>
How do i fix the fact that i am a manlet
>>
>>37024002
Based. Remember that the best diet is food that you cook yourself.
Steam / boil veggies
Fry / oven cook meat (if frying, do not use oil)
It starts with planning out your breakie, lunch, and dinner. Then going to the shop.
Unironically, the hardest part of a diet, is actually cooking the food.
Do not fall for the temptation of fast food / snacks. If you do want to snack, cook / bake some healthy snakes.

By all means eat shit food now and again, but moderation is key.
Weight?
>>
>>37024023
Sit down and write down what you eat. You'll realise where you're going wrong.
Yes, the hardest part of a diet is sticking to it. Diets are not supposed to be easy.
Exercise if you are not. That will help a lot.
Once you get into a routine, it will be second nature.

>>37024043
You don't. Nothing will solve being a manlet, but revolving your existance around that one fact won't help you.
There will be people who are taller than you. There will be people who are smarter than you. There will be people who are better looking that you.
The point is to improve your situation.

t. manlet 5 6
>>
>>37024023
Exercise in the morning before you have any chance to distract yourself. Your will power is the strongest in the morning and will deplete the longer the day goes.

Eat foods that you don't burn out on. I will never get tired of chicken salad for example.

Keep up the work, Anon.
>>
>18
I'm 28
It's over, too much wasted time.
>>
>>37024160
>too much wasted time
m8 I'm 25, and I've only realise now how retarded i've been.
Do you think that that self-defeatist attitude will help you?
If you regret your decision not to do something now, what do you think you'll feel 30 years from now?

No matter what advice is given. The first, and arguably hardest part of following through, is motivation.
You have to motivate yourself to do it, because no-one else gives a fuck enough to.
>>
>>37024136
>>37024153
Thank you.I've also been sneaking in a beer at night.It seems simple but it's 200 cal I don't need. I've also struggled with knowing when I feel full lately. I think I'm very stressed and that is contributing to the problem. I work for my father and live at home. So it seems like I'm never off work
>>
Working out and losing weight and talking to women won't make you any happier if you are actually fucked in the head. For some people, joy is simply impossible, and self-improvement is arbitrary.

Source: did everything I was told. Lost weight, got fit, got a girlfriend, got a job. None of it made me any happier. If anything else, I am more miserable than ever because I don't even have hope.
>>
>>37024264
>thank you
No. Thank you for sharing lad.

>I think I'm very stressed and that is contributing to the problem. I work for my father and live at home. So it seems like I'm never off work
He is your dad. Talk to him, and tell him how you feel. Everyone, no matter the job, needs a break.
If you live at home getting out of the house can help. Pick up some sports. Enroll to learn some music. Go to museums / movies.
If you can't decompress at home, move out.
>>
>>37024306
For some people, joy is simply impossible, and self-improvement is arbitrary.
Wrong. You did physical self-improvement, but you did not improve yourself mentally.
If you are not in a good mental place, how do you think you'll succeed physically?
Talk to a family member, or go see a councilor.
>>
>>37024193
It's not that i don't want to change, I'm desperate to change it's that the mountain seems to high to climb, I've let everything get so bad that it's going to be 5 years of constant hard work and unrelenting discipline until I've fixed everything and I'm finally happy about where I am at life, You have one chance at being a successful youth and I blew it big time, we all have.
>>
>>37024365
whoops, I forgot my meme arrow.
>>
>>37024330
It's too expensive right now. I should try to get out more, but I'm at a loss for what to do. Depression has killed all my hobbies. Lately I've been trying to read more, as a sort of escapism that seems more healthy. That's the struggle too though, as 4chan has damaged my concentration.
>>
>>37024365
I have spoken to counselors, my family, my friends. All of them get incredibly uncomfortable when I talk about my worldview, even the professionals. I have succeeded physically, having managed to lose 90 pounds of fat, and I can lift my own body weight (not amazing but it's a long way from having trouble benching 50 pounds), I run 5-6 miles 3 times a week. I eat 5 serves of veggies and 3 serves of fruit every day, take fish oil tablets, get at least 30 minutes of sunlight. I had a job, I had a girlfriend for a year, I had friends. None of it even came close to dulling my self-loathing and hatred for life. I'm a 22 year old man and I feel so damn old.
>>
>>37023890
My Dad said he's going to kick me out of the house if I don't find some direction in my life. He said to go join the Air Force or Army. Honestly, I kind of agree with him on this. I think it might be good for me, especially since I really have no other plans for my future.
Any advice on how to go about this? Especially regarding physical fitness. How do I get /fit/? I've been doing some light exercise for about a month now.
I'm planning to take my guitars and music stuff with me once I get sent off as well since I've been trying to learn music and I don't want to give up on that. So, any advice for how to go about learning music? Anything would help with this really, whether it is specific to guitar or just music composition/music in general.
>>
>>37024381
>I'm desperate to change it's that the mountain seems to high to climb
So lack of motivation, and not knowing where to start?
That's common my man. Leaving it on the long finger is not going to solve anything, it's just going to get worse.

>5 years of constant work
Nice plucked out of the air number. Tell us what is wrong, and we'll try and help. Complaining about your situation, but not acknowledging what you're doing wrong doesn't help.
>>
>>37024470
>How do I get fit

I'm >>37024445

If you wanna build actual body mass, you need to start lifting weights. However, if you're not strong enough for that yet, do push ups, sit ups, and squats at home. What I did before I started lifting was rotate my exercises like this:

>Push ups
>1 minute break
>Leg raises
>1 minute break
>Squats
>1 minute break
>Russian twists
>1 minute break
>Wall sits
>1 minute break

Then do it again, for a total of 3 rotations through those exercises, trying to do as many as possible and last as long as possible. For cardio fitness, go for runs. If you are fat, don't run until you have lost weight, it'll ruin your knees and legs in general. When you think you are strong enough, start actually lifting if you have the equipment or a gym membership available.
>>
This thread hit me hard. I'm 26, taking a course so I cab find a job. I was a NEET from 17 to 24, and I regret it everyday. Most people that I see are in their early 20's, fresh out of uni with their degrees. I don't have that, but I'm tired of seeing my life slipping away in front of a computer.

I ask kek to give me strength, so I can keep moving on and, maybe one day, at least experience the stuff that the normies have: the love of a lady and the warmth of friendship.
>>
>>37024436
>It's too expensive right now.
That's fair. There are cheap areas you can go if you really want to. Either in nigger infested areas, or in remote areas.

>I should try to get out more, but I'm at a loss for what to do. Depression has killed all my hobbies. Lately I've been trying to read more, as a sort of escapism that seems more healthy. That's the struggle too though, as 4chan has damaged my concentration.
IKTF friend. It is not easy, but I'll try to tell you what helped me.

I started to get cheap flights around europe i'm a europoor. Seeing different people live different lives made me realise just how trivial my depression is, and how its just in my head. I realised that being sad at my current state is stupid, because I'm the one thats keeping me here.
>4chan has damaged my concentration.
This is the worst, and I completely agree. The only advice I have is to limit how long you spend on it. Yeah I know, that is not easy. But self improvement is not easy.

You solve your problems by being proactive.

>>37024445
>all of them get incredibly uncomfortable when I talk about my worldview
Which is?
>self-loathing and hatred for life
Yeah I had that as well. Nothing will suppress those emotions. You just have to realise how damaging it is for you, and find an area of the world that you like. Staying where you are will not solve that. Normalfags say that travelling helps, and it does.
Get some cheap flights inter-country or outside, and see the world.
>>
>>37024079
140 kg, i'm a large motherfucker. Don't know how to dose or what to eat, honestly. I always followed the policy of "if it's on my plate, eat it".
>>
>>37024575
Thanks fellow robot. I screencapped so I can use that routine in the future.
Also, for reference, I'm a sticc. I'm bordering on underweight and have very little muscle.
>>
File: tumblr_ndpxidE29j1taxnn7o1_1280.png (1MB, 1055x1051px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndpxidE29j1taxnn7o1_1280.png
1MB, 1055x1051px
>>37024615
It's supposed to. Hard truths are not easy to take, neither is self-improvement.
Why do you think that people who improve their life are so happy? They've realise how far they've come.
>I don't have that, but I'm tired of seeing my life slipping away in front of a computer.
This right here. If there was anything I could tell youngfags, it's get the fuck off a computer. Do not spend your good years on it, you'll regret it.
>the love of a lady and the warmth of friendship.
You have to accept yourself before anyone else can.

But keep up the good work lad. You might fall and stumble, but don't give up.
>>
>>37024625
You think I'm gonna do any of that shit? Would you do exactly what I tell you? I didn't think so. So why should I do what you tell me? you absolute fucking joke, lmao fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1476904265624.jpg (179KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476904265624.jpg
179KB, 720x960px
>>37024655
Then you need to eat more (healthy food, not shit food).
Once you've got a baseline, hit the gym

>I always followed the policy of "if it's on my plate, eat it".
So you've narrowed down part of your problem. The other two are portion sizes, and content.
Reduce portion sizes and increase the "healthness" of the food. You will be hungry, as your body has to adapt.
>>
>>37024625
>Which is?

I don't wanna go into it, but it's all very circular and based on assumptions about inherent morality and all that shit. Long story short, the only moral action is suicide. I would travel, but I live in Australia and only have about 400 bucks to my name, with nobody around me going to give me money so I can go fuck around in a foreign country. I'm looking for a new job but it seems unlikely it'll ever turn up in this market.

>>37024655
Then avoid running until you gain some weight. Push ups won't make you buff, but they will prepare you for actually lifting when/if you go that route. When the push ups get too easy, start doing them on your fists, then raised, then raised on your fists or with claps in between. Remember to eat enough food so you aren't just stressing your body out without the fuel to power it.

If you wanna do pull ups and have a bar you can use available, don't be discouraged if you can't do one pull up. Just literally hang in there until you can't hang on any more, then let go and take a break for a day or two from pull ups. I couldn't even do one at first, now I can do around 10-15 on a good day.
>>
>>37024625
Okay anon, I'll keep trying! I'm going to pick up my book right now. Have a great week.
>>
File: 1477863760162.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477863760162.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
>>37024671

read >>37023890 you faggot
>You don't have to take any advice as concrete fact, but putting effort in will be worthwhile

Have fun regretting not improving your situation. No-one will give a fuck about you if you wallow in your own self-hatred and self-pity.

This thread will archive, and I will continue on trying to improve my situation. Do you think I give a shit if some faggot on 4chan tells me to kms?
>>
File: 1486925450877.jpg (70KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486925450877.jpg
70KB, 640x640px
>>37024745
You too my man. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>37024754
>No-one will give a fuck about you if you wallow in your own self-hatred and self-pity.
Well obviously you do since you come here acting like some self-appointed pathetic reddit guru. Stay triggered dumb fuck.
>>
>>37024788
>well obviously you do
Where are you getting that implication faggot? This is a self-improvment thread, not follow-my-every-word-thread.

>self-appointed pathetic reddit guru
>Stay triggered dumb fuck

Where do you get this shit from? I'll say it again just for you sweetcheeks. Either improve your own situation or don't, I don't care.
>>
>>37023890
>hair covers her face
>holds it up with hand
>now arm covers up face

okay
>>
im 6'4, my base calorie requirements are higher
i've done the maths, it is IMPOSSIBLE to eat enough food to put on weight
>>
>>37025071
If this were true, then Arnold Schwarzenegger and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson of WWE fame would be skeletal.
>>
File: 1478057646064.png (332KB, 720x633px) Image search: [Google]
1478057646064.png
332KB, 720x633px
remember faggits. you take the first step, no-one else
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.