[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On hardship, heartbreak, and love

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 18

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3060px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3060px
I've been sober for a year and 2 months. I have severe anxiety, and an autoimmune disease that causes type 1 diabetes, Cfs, fibromyalgia. Have been fighting for disability for 2 years.

4 days ago my parents kicked me out of my house for good, and for no good reason. I've buckled down and made phone calls all day and night for the past 4 days had to pack what I could fit in a large suitcase, I have a dog too. I'm sorry if this is a little incoherent....it's 5am here and I haven't had a good nights sleep.

I'm so grateful for my friends and the people in AA who've been allowing me to stay at their place.....but I'm scared. Everything is entirely up in the air and I don't know what I'm doing or what's going to happen to me. I'm in severe pain from the stress...

But what's REALLY gotten me today...the thing that just utterly broke me, was that this person I met who is also in AA...someone who I've been quickly falling in love with..,well two days ago he confessed that he really likes me and feels the same way. He's everything I've ever wanted in someone....and he told me that he thinks I'm really awesome.

So tonight, he says that he doesn't want to start something because he doesn't think it will work, since I'm moving two hours away to stay with an old friend. It was my only semi permanent option.

I'm heartbroken. I've spent 26 years giving everyone I get close to including friends and family all the love in my heart. When I started dating, I realized that I have the capacity to love unconditionally and to give people a beautiful and pure love with no expectations other than honesty and authenticity. All I ever want is to support my partners in following their passions and dreams. Time and time again this has been taken for granted. I think I got a long time I chose the wrong people. I was abused by a boyfriend in college.

For once I meet a man who is on the same page as me (continued)
>>
I just can't do it. I'm done. I can't let myself fall in love again after this because it's getting too hard to bear the pain. I love deeply, and I suppose I'm just not worth being in a long distance relationship for. I don't think I'll ever meet anyone like this again. I can't go through with it another time. I'm not allowing myself to fall in love ever again.

Yes I drew the picture in the OP. It's how I'm feeling. I can't sleep. I'm so done.
>>
So who else feels overwhelming emotion and a large capacity for love and compassion? Who else doesn't know how to deal with it?
>>
Someone please talk to me at least. I can't sleep....I'm somehow staying sober through this...everyone id normally talk to is asleep.
>>
Did you actually write this, OP, or did you take it from elsewhere?
>>
>>37008776
>I have the capacity to love unconditionally and to give people a beautiful and pure love with no expectations other than honesty and authenticity
That's a nice sentiment, but is it really true? Or is love just another thing to fill the void gnawing away at you, a way to feel good about yourself.

>>37008897
>Yes I drew the picture in the OP.
Color me impressed. I like it.
>>
>>37008942
I wrote this all from the bottom of my heart.
>>
I like to obsess over my first love.
>>
>>37008958
Well I can't really convince you of any one or the other because we will never know eachother. I love everyone I get close to and I love to see people happy and fulfilling their goals and dreams. I love seeing people I'm close to succeed. Whatever it is, Its true to me...
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2155x2693px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2155x2693px
>>37008958
Also I drew Gordon Gekko from Wallstreet tonight. I have been drawing obsessively the past few nights to distract me
>>
>>37008964
I used to be very emotional, but I've become a lot more subdued. In some ways, it's good. However, sometimes, I wish I could feel like I used to. With your level of emotion and caring, you'll be able to experience joys that most others won't.

People aren't as unique as you think they are. That's a good thing. You'll find another guy like that. He may not accept you, but the next might, and the next after that might.

I wouldn't normally respond like this, but your sincerity touched me.
>>
>>37008989
I believe you when you say that, but I think you're mistaken about your own motivations. Rather than being truly selfless, I think your love is ultimately born out of a desire to be loved in return: you're looking for a substitute for genuine self-love, hoping that if you love others they'll love you back and that will take the place of loving yourself. Except nothing can take the place of that, and so it can never be enough.

>>37009008
Now that's a mug with some character. I'm no art critic but I think you've got talent.
>>
>>37009026
Thank you so much for your time to respond. After this though I'm truly afraid to let myself fall in love.
>>37009036
I never expect anything in return. I agree that love is the egos way of filtering compassion, and it's a very controversial thing to have discussions about because you can never truly know what another's intent or motive is. I think compassion above love is the most important. That is, to strive for the ability to recognize the good and the bad in every person, but accept them completely and always do the thing that will help them grow, even if it means cutting them off or not being in their lives. We're all here to help eachother grow and learn...the Edson who raped me in college, the only way I could rid myself of the gnawing and corrosive resentment and victim mentality was to forgive him, and to change my perspective. He was a teacher, and I learned valuable lessons about who I am and who others can be, that I can use to help others who've gone through similar things. Thank you for your compliments about my art.
>>
>>37009122
*person...sorry autocorrect. His name was not Edson
>>
>>37009122
Well, I can't fault your reasoning. I don't know what to say, except that I'm sorry life has seen fit to chew you up and spit you out at seemingly every turn. I hope you're able to make sense of and find meaning in it all.
>>
Is this just a dumb roastie complains about bf thread?
>>
>>37009216
Thank you, and thank you for keeping me company.

I think I can use these things to really empathize and help other people. I animate, and my goal in life is to get in to animation school and successfuly create a series I've been working on for a few years now. Animation is a powerful medium. I want to use it for something meaningful...but also its a very silly series that doesn't take itself seriously so you can analyze the deeper meaning or watch it just for the stupid and silliness. Adventure time kind of does this...hell, even southpark. And Rick and Morty while we're at it.
>>
>>37009227
If you want to look at it that way then yes. Otherwise it's an invitation for sensitive or hurting people to talk and discuss their opinions and experiences with life.
>>
>>37008776

No one fucking cares

saged
>>
>>37009336
I care. I care about you too. Sorry you have to do things like that to feel like you've served a purpose.
>>
>>37009297
Not to keep harping on this, but do you show yourself the same empathy and understanding? You sound like you need it at least as much as anyone else.

I like the sound of that series. Definitely seems like something that would be up my alley. More power to you, I say.

>>37009330
>Otherwise it's an invitation for sensitive or hurting people to talk and discuss their opinions and experiences with life.
Some would say this is the worst possible venue for such an act of vulnerability.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2146x2682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2146x2682px
>>37009336
Here's a drawing for you
>>
>>37009400
Is that some kind of chimera or just a lion sitting on an octopus? Actually I guess the eye gives it away as the former. I like the way the arms flow around the image, coiling back into themselves, and the way the sweep of his bodacious mane echos the waves from he hails.
>>
>>37009394
Well keep an eye out in the next 7 years or so for a show called Super Box Pals.

Yeah, I kind of came here on a whim, understanding possible cobsrquences. I think sometimes certain people like to hide in places like this.

It's hard for any of us to learn to love and accept ourselves..I have a lot of trouble with it. Maybe somewhere like here is where people who have the hardest time of all congregate and so you've got deprevity on boards like here and /soc/....and really a lot of the others.
>>
>>37009459
The story is that I asked my friend what his two favorite animals were and then Frankensteined an Octopussy...or a Lioctonpus....he's an aquatic harbinger of death.
>>
File: 1493282701213.jpg (143KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493282701213.jpg
143KB, 960x960px
>betas dedicating the utmost effort to help this sad little roastie out but fellow robot threads just get shitposted to death
>>
>>37009478
There is something to be said for the anonymity and the transient nature of this place. Makes it easier to brush off any slings and arrows what come your way, and as a result to be more open and genuine. More so than with someone you already know and should trust, for some.

>>37009513
>he's an aquatic harbinger of death
No kidding, that's two apex predators rolled into one. Anything that eats sharks is worthy of that title in my book.
>Octopussy
>Lioctonpus
I can't decide which of those I like better.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 610x806px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 610x806px
>>37009569
Hello, friend. Sorry for your choice of perception. Here's a picture for you
>>
>>37009572
I also forgot Oction
>>
>>37009569
I'm pretty sure it's just me that's talking to her. Everyone else has been shitposting.
>>
>>37009620
>Oction
Sounds like an 8-headed lion, like a feline hydra.

So what had your life been like, prior to 4 days ago?
>>
>>37009638
Yeah it's just you and i talking and like 2 shit posts which is less of a death and more of a stubbed toe.
>>
File: 1488495724523.jpg (344KB, 1324x858px) Image search: [Google]
1488495724523.jpg
344KB, 1324x858px
>>37009603
Your post agitates the shit out of me, you dumb cunt.

>wahh severe anxiety

>has friends
>has friends that are literally willing to let her stay over and bear her burdens
>went to college
>has had multiple boyfriends

You'll never know what it's like to suffer. Fuck off with your literal non-problem.
>>
File: 71Lo8vLFZ1L._SL1500_.jpg (103KB, 1310x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71Lo8vLFZ1L._SL1500_.jpg
103KB, 1310x1500px
>>37009603
Cracking down on organized crime has never been so delicious.

>>37009708
There are worse things than being alone, and evidently you've never experienced any of them.
>>
>>37009662
Pretty calm. My parents are difficult to get along with but I kind of had a "yes mam no mam" system and really I stayed in my room and make art or play music so I don't bother them. I've been working on disability because of chronic pain and anxiety. Some days I can't stand, but disability is a motherfucker to get even with five different doctors notes saying I'm unfit to work. On the days I could get up o rode my bike or spent time with friends. I go to AA meetings twice a week, and I was just focusing on getting a court date for the SSI so I could move to Georgia and apply for SCAD. Not an exciting life by any stretch but shit just snowballed and when my mom gets mad, she becomes extremely EXTREMELY unreasonable.

Before that I lived In Vermont and worked on a few unofficial side projects with people from Adult Swim but my drinking spiraled out of control and I couldn't keep my shit together. I also kept getting fired from jobs because I called out a lot due to pain.
>>
>>37009728
I've never gone through tough shit? I have, and guess fucking what? I had to do it all alone. No one bent over backwards to save my ass. Ever. I was never tossed a rope to climb out of the abyss.There is nothing worse than being alone, and you've evidently never experienced it. How about you stop bitching, and be grateful for your fucking gender and how much it does for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 640x633px
>>37009708
I'm really sorry you've suffered. We all go through pain and every person has gone through difficulty. It's true I will never know what you've been through, and you'll never know what I've been through. We all handle things differently and I wish I could help you in some way because I know you're lashing out because you feel like maybe life hasn't been so fair to you or maybe you're sad and hurt about something that you have no control over. It's nice that anonymity allows you a place to try and create more pain and suffering for others who you somehow think have it "better than you" because you think they won't understand what you've been through.

Here's another drawing for you
>>
>>37009728
You butter believe it
>>
>>37009122
Let me ask you a simple question. Did you ever report your rapist?
>>
File: 1351319848585.jpg (33KB, 576x452px) Image search: [Google]
1351319848585.jpg
33KB, 576x452px
>>37009763
Well I'm glad you found someone to stay with. I hope you're still able to get SSI, and to have a place of your own.

>>37009855
>You butter believe it
>>
>>37009988
Yes. It was in a college town, they did an investigation but nothing could be done because it was 'hearsay' since there was no physical evidence. so all I could do was file a restraining order. He actually leaked naked pictures he took of me on /b/ which he was new to but I was lucky enough that they did the whole 'not your army' and someone was nice enough to warn me about it. By the time I called the investigator the post was gone and they didn't understand that you can't recover posts unless they're archived. But I showed them the warning and there was still not enough evidence to proscecute. I ended up quitting college and moving back home before heading up to Vermont. I have PTSD but it's under control thanks to intensive therapy. For the first year or two it was very bad and I couldn't be physically intimate with anyone.
>>
>>37010109
Well, good for you for at least taking action. Too many victims fail to do anything about it. I'm surprised there was no physical evidence - isn't that what a rape kit is for?
>>
>>37010049
Thank you so much. That's the goal. In response to the person earlier who lashed out at me, I'm very grateful for everything I have, and I don't really have a need for much more than essentials. This includes insulin...the reason I think I am fortunate is because I have learned over the years to never use my trauma or what I've suffered through as an excuse to become bitter and blame others or to feel entitled like I'm owed anything. I have friends who are willing to help only because I've helped them and they know I will always help them wherever I can. This is another big setback and I am making the decision to not allow myself to fall in love at least for a few years. I have way too many things I need to focus on, and you're right, I need to learn how to give myself love because that's the one thing I have not worked on and have avoided...but it's time.

I want to learn about you but I'm not sure how comfortable you are with being vulnerable on 4chan and also I might doze off. I have not slept all night.
>>
>>37010196
The nature of the incidents left no trace, also because I disassociate and go in to fuge states so instead of fighting I went catatonic. And so people's attitudes toward these situations are like "oh yeah right, your boyfriend raped you..how is that even possible?" Unfortunately many men are raped and even by their girlfriends, but no one takes it seriously enough or even believes that something like that can happen. But it can and it does. Men are taught that if they have sex, they're somehow more capable or of higher status...and women think all men just want sex, so then everyone thinks how can a man or anyone in a relationship possibly be raped by their partner? it's all extremely difficult and the lines are blurry.
>>
>>37010210
I'm probably going to head to bed soon myself, but I made a throwaway if you want to converse via email: [email protected]
>>
>>37010333
Ok, I'm trying to sleep myself. I'll shoot you an email before I pass out
>>
>>37010290
Sorry, are you actually a man? This post confused me.
>>
>>37010350
No sorry, I haven't slept for more than a few hours in 48 hours so I am having trouble forming coherent thoughts. I was just saying there are a lot of situations where rape goes unreported or where it is reported but police don't know how to handle it because the lines are so blurry...I'm not a man, but I have a male friend who was raped and never reported it because he didn't think he'd be taken seriously, which is usually the case, and I got fired up about it.
>>
Well goodnight everyone. Thank you for the company
>>
>be neglected emotionally my whole life
>one day a girl starts talking to me
>our conversation goes beyond how are you
>we talk for a few weeks
>says she loves me
>I confess to her because I really didn't want to lose whatever this was
>she rejected me
>we stopped talking

I think about her everyday so I suppose I'm heartbroken, happy I at least have some memories to remember when I get really down.
>>
File: 1489295908303.jpg (126KB, 700x807px) Image search: [Google]
1489295908303.jpg
126KB, 700x807px
What happened to r9k
Why is everyone creating a little hug box for this dumb bitch
Op you're a stupid slut, no one cares about you or your dumb problems
Kill yourself
>>
>>37011087
>no one cares about you or your dumb problems
Clearly people on this very board care about her and her problems, so I really don't understand what point you're trying to make here. Do you also go around yelling "the sky is green"?
>>
>>37011109
it was literally just one person and OP. Also, you should never lump betas with the rest of us who couldn't be bothered with a roasties troubles.
>>
>>37011130
And yet that's not "no one", it's half the thread. You're also making the false assumption that only one person was talking to OP.
>>
Please refer to this:

>>37009678
>>37009638

just two normans
>>
>>37011060
Man I'm really sorry about that. That's a very common thing for people to do to eachother. I never understood it.
>>
>>37011087
I'm so sorry you have so much anger in you. I hope you're one day able to find the capacity for love and compassion.
>>
Sounds like you haven't done your 13th step yet.
>>
>>37011206
Shut up. This thread was just made so you could whore your art out and attract some dumb betas to help validate yourself.
>>
>>37011206
Shut up you little beta faggot
This is exactly why you'll never even touch a girl irl and will only be able to rub your 3 inch cock at your desk typing gay little messages to whores on r9k fishing for sympathy cause they can't stop gargling dick
>>
>>37011211
Uhhhhhh I'm on my 19 so get out of here with your bullshit.
>>
>>37011229
Can I ask you why you're so angry? Truly...I really want to know.
>>
>I'll never meet someone like that again
I've never met someone I even remotely like before, I have no idea what you're complaining about.

>I just love so deeply
No-one loves me and I love no-one. You obviously have people you care about, which is all I can dream of. You really need to shut up.
>>
>>37011306
Well do you want to tell me why you think that is? I'll listen. Are you incapable of loving? Have you seen someone about it, like talked with a therapist?
>>
>>37011336
Just kys you retard
>>
>>37011306
Look, I know you don't think I'll listen and it's scary to be vulnerable. It really is...but I'm not Judging you one bit and maybe you can talk it out a little bit. No one will ever know it's really you and that's the beauty of it. I don't think it's true that no one has ever loved you.
>>
Oneitis put me thru a lot of shit so i ghosted her a few months ago. She wants to get together and talk/chill soon. She said she's been thinking about me every single day and has been blowing up my phone the past few days. I asked her to come over last night, she said she was busy but has been waiting for me to ask her that. Might be a good opportunity to finally lose my virginity...I've fingered her a few times before and we made out n shit. Wish me luck anons.
>>
>>37011262
I've seen too many roasties of your kind here to count. I have no tolerance anymore. Go complain on Reddit. You'll get upvotes, go viral and probably even get hired by a company to draw for them. You have no business here.
>>
>>37011366
I want to know why you're so angry. I'm truly curious about you. I want to understand where you're coming from and what you're going through. If all you can do is reply to me with anger and short outbursts, i want to know who is behind that screen. I want to know what horrible things you must have had to endure to become this way, and I want you to know there's help and there are people who truly care.
>>
>>37008776
>having friends
>having people who give half a shit about you
Shut the fuck up about your "problems" you fucking normalfaggot. I am completely alone in this shit world and nobody gives a shit, and here you are crying because you can't hook up with some fermenting queer
>>
>>37011414
Right, but why does that make you so angry? That's what I'm asking. I see a lot of birds but they never make me angry. I don't get angry at things I see a lot of so I'm trying to understand where the actual anger is coming from and see things from your point of view.
>>
>>37011402
Good luck soldier

>>37011443
Ok well you most likely dont believe me but I care and I want to ask why you think you don't have friends? Are you in highschool? If so, it's a horrible rough place especially if you are someone who feels like you don't fit in. I'm trying to understand why you think you have no one who cares about you.
>>
>>37011467
Eat shit and die sIag
>>
>>37011534
Is it because it makes you feel good to say things like that? Maybe because we aren't talking in person? I'm really fascinated by it, and I know that there is a person typing these words and I wan to know what fuels you to do it? What is your thought process?
>>
>>37011534
Seriously I'm not judging you at all. I want to learn about your experience with life and how you got to this point, or why you enjoy doing things like this as a hobby? Are you unable to answer?
>>
>>37011336
>>37011383

Partially because I have no social skills and partially because I have nothing in common with other people. I just end up sitting in the corner on my own. Sometimes I try to talk with people, but nothing they say ever interests me and nothing I say interests them. I just go back to being alone shortly after.

I don't know how to make friends or find anyone I could care about.
>>
>>37011645
Well, what sorts of things interest you? I find it hard to make small talk with people and I often zone out when people talk to me. Unfortunately the majority of people prefer small talk...a lot of people think it's about the quantity of friends but it's not. Listen, I have very few people who can actually stimulate me and these are the people who've become my friends. It's seriously like shifting through shit for gold. What makes you think you don't have social skills? Like, describe a typical interaction for you.
>>
File: 1491739270174.jpg (383KB, 1165x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1491739270174.jpg
383KB, 1165x1155px
>>37011467
Birds don't make conscious choices about where they go. They follow their instincts. You made the conscious choice to come here rather than more suitable forums to complain about your problems. What fuels me? The knowledge that female posters and male posters are never treated equally here, and the anger that comes with knowing women take advantage of this, all the time. Also, maybe it's the almost patriotic-like feelings I have for this board-trying my best to not have roasties tread through pretending like they can relate with their #feels.
>>
>>37011764
>The knowledge that female posters and male posters are never treated equally here
What, you mean like how female posters are shat on and REEEEEd for no reason other than being female? You mean how someone can post a story and people are fine about it, but the moment they reveal they're female, everyone goes apeshit? Yeah, they're not treated equally, but not in the way you're implying, and you're the prime example.
>>
>>37011731
>What sort of things interest you?
Politics, history, philosophy, science, movies, books, boardgames, martial arts, smithing.
All things I can talk about with great enthusiasm, but I have a hard time finding someone who has any of these hobbies. Movies and books are a little more mainstream, but few people have enough knowledge of them to really discuss those arts. I've tried talking about them a few times, but it still never clicks. I suppose what you said about smalltalk holds true here.

>What makes you think you don't have social skills?
Well first of all I am one of those people who doesn't feel any need to share what I'm up to or how it's going. In fact, I don't even like talking about those things, feels like people are judging me for it. I keep almost all personal details private in real life and conversation. Then the fact that I don't know what to do or say in social situations. When I recieve a guest for example, I just say hi and then it's quiet from there. I have no idea what I should say, we're in a room where there's nothing going on and I'm really not interested in their lives nor do I want them to ask what I'm doing.
>>
>>37011764
Ok well, thanks for answering. I can only account for my own actions. I posted here on a whim. It's difficult to believe anyone is honest here, but my intent was to tell my story (i tried to do so with little complaining and I am actually very grateful for what I have) and in doing so, I hoped others would feel like they could be vulnerable as well. I realize this isn't the safest place to be vulnerable because it's so easy to be attacked. I'm sorry that men aren't treated equally here and I have no idea why that is. There's a lot of anger within our generation because yes, you're right, many many girls want attention and they abuse it. But there are deeper issues and I don't know what they are but I can speculate. We're all damaged in some way, and many of these girls who seek attention, deep down they hate themselves too. They want to feel validated like you said, but I think it's important to try and understand that we've all sort of become entitled and expect praise for everything we do. This is a product of the previous generation. So we end up with a sort of congregation of a bunch of people who are insecure, who don't know what the hell they're doing, who want to feel like they're not alone in this world. Places like this attract people who would otherwise feel uncomfortable discussing certain things in person. I'm not trying to pretend. Maybe you don't believe me. I'm trying to understand your perspective so thank you for opening up a little and sharing. We're all deep down just scared. We're scared because no one really knows what the hell they're doing. A lot of people are good at pretending but if you talk to successful people, or like go to convention panels with animators and voice actors, they all say the same thing...they all thought they weren't good enough. They were all scared.
>>
>>37011764
About half of that post got deleted and I'm too tired to write it up again, I'm sorry. The point is...fear turns to hate. Fear of not being good enough, des of rejection. It can turn to hate and anger, and destruction. So we all end up hating eachother and then what good does that really do? What authentic progress have we ever made with hate other than development of bigger and deadlier ways to kill eachother?
>>
>>37011937
Well I don't know where you're vlog to meet people but I'm interested in all those things and especially fascinated that you mentioned smithing. The best way I've made friends is by going out and doing the things I love in a group setting. Being in band throughout highschool and college was what saved my life. When you do things you enjoy with other people, you find comradery. You really have to dig deep to find these people. Think about it...you go in to a corner or go in to hiding in a social setting...so where are the people like you?! They're in a corner or hiding!!! It's a shitty catch 22. Have you tried larping? Or taking a smithing class? I want to know where the hell you live or where you're hanging out where you can't find at least one person with knowledge of at least one of the things you've listed. You can't give up because the people who are going to interest you are going to be the ones who've given up as well. It's really easy for me to get discouraged and go in to recluse mode. Joining a club or a meet up or a class is one sure way to raise your chances of finding people with similar interest. And unfortunately sometimes you have to start with small talk before people open up and begin speaking passionately about their interests.
>>
>>37012237
*where you're going. Not vlog. Autocorrect
>>
>>37012237
Yeah, nice catch 22 indeed. Doesn't really help, I already tried joining a few clubs but everyone I've ever met anywhere seems radically different from me. I guess the only thing I can realistically do is keep digging in the piles of shit and hope I strike gold. A good few years of loneliness left at least, then.

Thanks for trying to help though, appreciate it.
>>
>>37011937
I also highly advise, if you have insurance, to find a therapist who specializes in social phobias and similar issues. There are books you can read about overcoming the feeling of isolation. The thing I keep emphasizing is to not give up. And don't keep trying the same thing either if it doesn't work. There is help if you look for it. Building friendships and trust and caring for people takes time and patience and an understanding that we are all imperfect and we all have our own issues. It puts us in a space where we have to be vulnerable, and that's scary. If I may give some advice based on personal experience....I have made friends by being completely open about everything including my more shitty character traits. I just allow myself to be completely authentic, and it took me a few years to learn this and be comfortable about it, but like, embarrassing stories about yourself, talking about things that scare you...it disarms people and they start to feel safe and then they open up too, and you start learning intimate things about eachother and find out that you're both pretty shitty sometimes but also that you're both pretty cool sometimes too, just like all of us. The answer is never fear, and certainly never anger or hatered. You will never make a friend with fear, anger, or hatered.
>>
>>37012423
Well I am extremely uncomfortable with opening up. I don't want everyone to know my weaknesses, fears and insecurities. I'm not socially fearful or anxious, I have no problem stepping up to people, but I am really reserved. I'm afraid of being vulnerable indeed. What if someone I open up to turns out to be a terrible human being?
>>
>>37012392
Of course. Learn about yourself and appreciate yourself. Read books and find out where you can go to keep digging. It doesn't happen easily at all. Anyone you see who has lots and lots of friends and makes friends easily and quickly....those are so shallow, and not meaningful. Those are the people who are 'fare weather friends'...Social media has completely fucked up our perception of true meaningful human connection and what it means to be intimate and build lasting relationships with one another.
>>
>>37012494
In what way? Will they make fun of you? What are you afraid they will do? If they do something terrible it's just easier to know that they're shit, and you move on. Id they're horrible people you don't want anything to do with them anyway! Good riddance to them. I don't know if it was you that told me to shut up earlier...it's hard to keep track, but I mean...doesn't THAT kind of seem like a nasty thing to do to someone trying to open up to you? I'm not saying you're nasty, I'm saying...the fear we have of certain things can easily turn us in to the very things were afraid of. I think it may be a form of self defense and preservation. I'm not sure.
>>
>>37008897
>and I suppose I'm just not worth being in a long distance relationship for

If you are moving in with a guy i wouldn't wanna be in a relationship with you either.
I wouldn't be able to relax knowing that you could be cucking me at that very moment.
>>
File: 1491765133281.png (30KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491765133281.png
30KB, 650x650px
>>37008776
Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch, no one fucking cares.
>>
>>37012613
Wat? I never said anything about moving in with anybody
>>
File: 1494708304527.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494708304527.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>37012662
Eat shit faggit
>>
>>37012661
Yeah yeah we've been over this. Read the actual thread comments.
>>
>>37012662
You did.

I assumed it's a man.
Am i wrong?

>>37008776
>So tonight, he says that he doesn't want to start something because he doesn't think it will work, since I'm moving two hours away to stay with an old friend. It was my only semi permanent option.
>>
>>37012716
I'm moving in with a 50 year old woman from AA.
>>
>>37012596
No I'm not the one who told you to shut up. Haven't spoken a rude word, I'm glad some people on here can discuss this.
>>
>>37012661
This again? Literally people care in this exact thread. Can you even read?
>>
>>37012766
Lol shut up you pathetic groveling white knight, you'll never get anything
>>
>>37012747
Ok , I apologize, it's so hard to keep track. Thanks for being nice and opening up to me. There are people coming in for the early bird special now so soon this will be filled with nothing but poor sad people who say mean things over the Internet, but I really wish you well.
>>
>>37012771
I already have a GF, why would I want anything with this lady? Also, what does this have to do with the fact that your original 'no one cares' statement is nonsense?
>>
>>37012771
So Tell us what you've gotten?
>>
>>37012780
Thanks, you too.
Originally.
>>
>>37012783
lol @ this white knight getting triggered

>>37008776
No one cares you insufferable faggot
>>
>>37012807
Sounds like you're the one getting triggered, all you can do is post memes and namecall. What's got your panties in such a bunch?
>>
>>37012780
>There are people coming in for the early bird special now

upvoted XD
>>
>>37012799
>So Tell us what you've gotten?

Sex, I'm not a virgin like you :^)
>>
>>37012807
Well I do truly I hope you find happiness and fulfillment and that you know someone out there cares about you and loves you.
>>
>>37012740
Does he know that??
Still.. LTR's require a lot of reassurance, especially if it involves damaged people.
You sure thw way you act doesn't leave him wondering?
>>
>>37008776
No one cares

oregano
>>
>>37012830
I'm sorry, do you think that the majority of people base how significant of a person you are on the fact that you've had sex? I'm actually asking this as a legitimate question.
>>
>>37012867
Try reading the thread, buddy
>>
>>37008776
Go ahead and kill yourself. If even your parents don't give a shit about you then it means you're wortheless.

>I got a long time I chose the wrong people
>teeheee le badboys phase XDDDD :P

Yeah, you deserved what you got.

>>37012740
>implying lesbians don't have a mommy fetish
>>
>>37012883
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to literal virgin. Pretty sad lel
>>
>>37012854
I've been so open and straight forward with him. Ive laid out all my feelings and my plans on the table. I think he's wary about starting a new relationship from a long distance which is somewhat understandable. He might be someone who needs physical closeness to feel secure. I don't know. I just think letting myself fall in love after this is not good for me at this point.
>>
>>37012929
>I've been so open and straight forward with him. Ive laid out all my feelings and my plans on the table. I think he's wary about starting a new relationship from a long distance which is somewhat understandable. He might be someone who needs physical closeness to feel secure. I don't know. I just think letting myself fall in love after this is not good for me at this point.

shut up idiot fag
>>
>>37012929
>I've been so open and straight forward with him. Ive laid out all my feelings and my plans on the table.

What did you say?
Give me the general idea.
>>
>>37012909
>>37012923
Ok , take over the thread gentlemen. Just know that I'm so sorry about whatever it was in your life that has hindered your capacity for compassion and kindness, and I hope you one day find happiness and fulfillment in things that don't hurt others.
>>
File: 1400678691583.jpg (7KB, 167x144px) Image search: [Google]
1400678691583.jpg
7KB, 167x144px
>>37010109
Wait, so you fucked a teacher and then he leaked the nudes on /b/? And you got ptsd from it?
That's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>37012982
I said I feel very strongly for him, that I haven't felt this way about someone in a long while, that I want to experience him and get to know him intimately.... that he can come visit me whenever he wants. He confirmed he feels the same way but then brought up the long distance stuff
>>
File: 1303126574789.jpg (49KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1303126574789.jpg
49KB, 720x576px
>>37013017
>I'm so sorry about whatever it was in your life that has hindered your capacity for compassion and kindness,

Whores like you making a circus of serious social problems was part of it.
You wanna do something about it? Get the fuck out and don't ever come back again you retarded slut.
>>
I'm gunna need some tits, OP
>>
>>37013017
No one cares buddie
>>
>>37013020
No I fucked his desk and then there were splinters everywhere so I got post traumatic splinter disorder read the god damned thread
>>
>>37013111
I am so sorry you have to live with so much hate for such small things. I truly feel sorry for you.
>>
>>37013058
>I said I feel very strongly for him, that I haven't felt this way about someone in a long while, that I want to experience him and get to know him intimately.... that he can come visit me whenever he wants

Yeh, i had a sumar experience. Girls appearently felt very strongly about me, it felt very intimate, we made plans together but the factnthat she would hook up with other people if she wanted was implied and later confirmed.
I can't say thats what he is thinking but if it was me i wouldn't wanna get too much invested.
>>
File: 84230918420984098.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
84230918420984098.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>37013178
>I am so sorry you have to live with so much hate for such small things

we're not talking about your dick
>>
>>37013218
Similar experience*

Also
>Girls
Girl*
>>
>>37013218
I'm really sorry that you had to go throug that . Jeeze...but if she's like that you don't want her in your life...I'm hoping that maybe that's the case here...I'm trying to just trust that whatever happens is for the better. Thank you for sharing.>>37013218
>>
>>37013233
I wish you a happy life.
>>
>>37008776
Hello, OP, I've read through your thread. Do you feel a little better?
>>
>>37013326
He probably has a better one than you, because even the fattest neckbeard at least is decent enough to have the love of his mummy.
>>
File: 1485003541491.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1485003541491.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>When I started dating, I realized that I have the capacity to love unconditionally and to give people a beautiful and pure love with no expectations other than honesty and authenticity

S-STOP, IT'S TOO MUCH
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.