[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone with mental problems? I have schizophrenia and because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: 3929271.jpg (258KB, 841x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3929271.jpg
258KB, 841x1080px
Anyone with mental problems?

I have schizophrenia and because of it I dropped out of quite good university.
I am NEET with auditory hallucination now, my life virtually ruined.

Anyone with similar experience?
>>
File: 1486599045777.png (190KB, 418x498px) Image search: [Google]
1486599045777.png
190KB, 418x498px
OCD and Depression.

I can't make any friends because of OCD.
>>
I graduated from college while going through. Major psychotic episode
>>
>>37008037
>all of your problems are literally in your head
Try being a normal person and actually try to show some mental self-control.
>>
What do these voices say op?

Have you ever tried talking back?
>>
File: 00105upset.png (636KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
00105upset.png
636KB, 1000x1000px
I'm a pedophile who years long episodes of depression and social anxiety disorder.
>>
>>37008290
They usually talk shit about me.
The voice once said it will make me pedophile.
>>
>>37008413
How are the visual hallucinations? Do you see scary things?
>>
i used to sell weed to schizophrenic genius, basically a god of math but too busy battling his demons to ever make anything of himself. sad
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 444x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 444x380px
...Anonymous
05/14/17(Sun)02:31:57 No.37008413
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Diagnosed with an unspecified psychotic illness.

Results in me rarely leaving the house cuz of social anxiety and paranoia. Only really go out when my cognitive behavioral therapist picks me up for a therapy session or to buy weed from a dispensary.

Other symptoms include:
>'Delusions'
>Poor hygiene
>Almost non existent empathy and flat emotions
>Permanent resting bitch face
>Auditory Hallucinations (mainly voices) common
>Every so often visual hallucinations
>Frequent episodes of derealization

Pretty prototypical* psychosis shit
>>
>>37008331
That's just your low self esteem manifesting it's self.

You have to use positive thoughts to defeat it.

Fight back anon.
>>
>>37008431

Sometimes it's scary, sometimes just bizarre. I don't see shit as much as I hear shit.

I used to see people in my house peaking around corners at me and would duck behind the wall when I looked in their direction which was scary I guess, sure as hell made me paranoid and conduct a search of my house for non existent people spying on me.

More bizarre shit I've seen was my moms eyes looked like toad eyes for a few seconds while she was talking to me and it freaked me out for a bit before they went back to normal again.
>>
>>37008500
Yeah. What you have said seems to be right. Thanks anon.
>>
>>37008507
You're seeing into another world anon.

You are a special person, embrace it.

You can't let them get to you.

Don't be scared. There are others like you. You're not alone.
>>
>>37008519
They want to bring you down and will say bad things to get to you. They will use tricks and manipulation to try and get to you. Don't let your energy turn negative.
>>
Narcissistic personality disorder

Because of it I have no friends, never dated anyone for longer than a month (having to care about them infuriated me). I basically live my entire life on the internet because it's easier to lie about how much better I am and I can obsess over my following

End my suffering desu
>>
>>37008454
Sounds very much like STPD famalam. I'd be very surprised if no one suspected this already though.
>>
I had a tough childhood as the result of a learning disability that wasn't diagnosed until middle school and the treatment I received from my parents, teachers, and peers because of it. It left me with a pretty severe anxiety disorder that was only magnified when I finally got a GF and she turned out to be a monster that used my insecurities to control and manipulate me and then ran out and cheated on me when I finally stood up to her.

I now have severe IBS and pretty bad insomnia and depression, all almost certainly caused by the underlying anxiety condition. I lost my career because of them and don't know how I can get my life back on track.
>>
>>37008545

I'm not as scared nowadays since I've gotten used to it for the most part and just learned how to cope with psychosis.

Tbh I kinda like the derealization episodes I go through, I'm less paranoid when I'm dissociated cuz everything and everyone seems artificial and simulated so perceived threats seem less threatening to me when I think they are just simulations.

Although it gives me a bleak and lonely feeling when people I normally have emotional attachment to, or really just anyone in general, seem like they don't actually exist.
>>
I wish I were actually mentally ill so I could have an excuse why I am such a piece of shit.
Unfortunately I am simply stupid, boring and lazy.
>>
>>37008649

I've been through 2 psychiatrists and a psychologist, my current CB Therapist and Psychiatrist specializes in psychosis. They all agree I'm psychotic, they just don't really have any specific disorder like Schizophrenia in mind with me as of now.

They've ruled out PTSD early on as I've never had anything traumatic happen to me, I was originally diagnosed with Depression but it's almost as if it got switched out for my current psychosis as I'm not depressed anymore really just anxious as fuck and psychotic.

My great grandpa suspected of being bipolar set his house on fire and shot himself so maybe I get it from him.
>>
>>37008727
Those are all mental illnesses anon.

Especially at your levels of them.
>>
>>37008756
I do have anxiety and depression diagnosed, but they are memes and most dont buy them as an excuse for failure at life.
>>
>>37008748
When did the symptoms start? Was it like a sudden psychotic break or did it get progressively worse?
>>
>>37008831

Well, like I said originally I used to be depressed and attempted suicide at one point, albeit rather poorly n half heartedly by walking through green lights at intersections whenever the opportunity would arise or I'd self harm. That was when I was around idk 13-late 16 years old?

Looking back on it during my depression maybe I started to show signs of early psychotic behavior but it may of also been my lack of sleep as well so not sure, but I'd hear my name being called or the tv playing commercials even though the tv was off, hear faint music when none was playing, etc...

When I really became noticeably psychotic was a few months before I turned 17, then idk why but I just kind of stopped being depressed, maybe because I left public school for online schooling or something, anyway I began to get a lot more paranoid and hearing voices n seeing shit that wasn't there without being sleep deprived, constantly searching my house for cameras or bugs hidden away to monitor me.

Was already seeing a psychiatrist for depression n then they recommended me to a early psychosis prevention program a few months after the psychosis began to show itself after a 2nd opinion from a psychologist.
>>
>>37008909
Well, your experience sounds very similar to mine. I can't give you answers though, as the professionals I've talked to are still trying to figure me out as well. Best thing you can do is be completely honest with them, even if some of the stuff is embarrassing or whatever. I sincerely hope you are able to get the help you need Anon. Best of luck.
>>
I've been Schizophrenic since I was a child, which is rare. My symptoms have actually mildened with age but it's still with me. I also have OCD but there's help for that and it's not so bad nowdays
>>
>>37008972

I do my best to be honest about my thoughts and feelings with my psych/therapist as much as I can but I'd be lying if I said I don't hide some stuff from them as you never know if they'll react poorly and you get committed to a ward or something. Just always a little cautious n skeptical.

With that being said currently I am working on social interaction step by step, my eye contact with people has gotten better and I'm a little more comfortable being outside when with a close friend, just not by myself yet.

The psychosis program I'm in also working on trying to find me a job I would be able to do based on my problems, but I feel it'll be a while before I can work in public normally desu

And of course, Thanks, I hope you also get the help you need as well anon.
>>
File: 1444597121726.png (166KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444597121726.png
166KB, 500x500px
I have a diagnosis of "mixed personality disorder" combining antisocial, schizoid and schizotypal. Schizoid is the only one I feel like I really have. I experience visual hallucinations semi regularly, but I can distinguish them from reality and have never experienced psychosis, so I guess that's why I'm not diagnosed as schizophrenic instead. I start university this year and am pretty scared about moving away from home. How are you all?
>>
lol just b you are selve bro ;);) it's all in you're head ;)
>>
File: 1470682198172.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1470682198172.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
I am a typical avoidant pussy. It's bad cause I can't even complain about my 'condition' to anonymous people on the Internet.

I have a great job but can't socialize with coworkers because of fear of saying something stupid and embarrassing myself. I can only deal with one person at a time. Socializing within groups destroys me.

Also pretty sure one qt awkward girl likes me but it's been 5 months and haven't done anything so she's probably over me already.
>>
there is a difference between schizophrenia and multiple personalities, right?
>>
ADHD
another wasted day and sleepless night in the books lads
>>
File: snow-house-christmas-1366x768.jpg (166KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
snow-house-christmas-1366x768.jpg
166KB, 1366x768px
>tfw you believe you might have a vibrant personality under all the muck but you really are just vapid and boring
>>
Diagnosed bipolar, PTSD, marijuana induced depression and anxiety, some memories from when I was a kid that really fucked me up, its constantly in my mind. Fuck my oldest brother. Convinced hes narcissistic like my mother.

>>37008037
Ive been in and out of mental hospitals before finally landing a security guard job paying about minimum wage.

I kind of miss the hospitals currently I'm off my meds because health insurance and I still get audial hallucinations at times, voices, music, etc. smoking helps me relax.

>tfw fat mentally fucked retard with a shit job

considering suicide now
>>
>>37008037
bipolar and manic depression

everyone gets mad because they never know what I'm feeling and I have never had any friends

pic unrelated just taiga is really cute
>>
>>37010973
>Implying Taiga is not mentally ill as well
I had depression, but after a few years of work with a professional it's now under control.
But I'm still highly antisocial and have a severe lack of empathy, which makes it difficult to form any bond with other people.
>>
File: 161410.png (7KB, 198x154px) Image search: [Google]
161410.png
7KB, 198x154px
>>37011085
now that you say it I guess she can qualify for some mental illness
>>
>>37008204

Reply to this post and flick yourself three times in the head with full force or your pet will die tomorow.
>>
i hear loads of whispering at night but my house is apparently haunted so idk
>>
>>37008204
Do you have ibs/shitting problems?
Do you have bruxism?
>>
>tfw you think someone is calling your name and look up
>tfw you do it in front of other people
Is this how it starts?
>>
>>37011455
I do not have this.
>>
OCD, depression, and some other issues that probably aren't mental illnesses but me just being a fucking loser.
>>
>>37008037
I've got schizo too, dropped out of university/medschool.

Was a neet for seven years, but got my life back on track more or less. I rarely visit this board anymore, as I got a job and social life now.

With me the meds work miracles, but I take them in a very high dosis, 35mg abilify daily.

The daily structure my job gives me also really helps, and the great support from friends and family too.

My voices were always very positive though, well way too positive, and it would go hand in hand with me listening to them and going on wild adventures into psychosis and complete insanity, with them telling me I was the chosen one here to save everyone on earth, and I believed them, just couldn't help it.

The voiced were just the tip of the iceberg, whole reality began to crumble, and I lost complete control over everything in these psychotic months I experienced twice in my life. Over my actions, my thoughts and feelings but also over my perception of reality itself. In the end I got catatonic even and admitted to the mental hospital, and what followed were years boredom and slow recovery.

Now I'm finally back on track, and while I still believe in aspects of my psychosis as being true and more than just too much dopamine in my brain, I can call myself sane again I think. So my message to you, stay in there, keep up with your treatment, it can and probably will get better, it just takes lots of time.
>>
File: 1494632579597.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494632579597.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
i didnt start going to high school because of huge social anxiety and """psychotic""" depression. im currently on a psychiatric ward but im on my own anyway. wont ever recover. life is a poop. i hope they give me the neetbux soon so i can fuck off and go full on hikikomori!
>>
File: 1337211050098.jpg (68KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
1337211050098.jpg
68KB, 200x207px
I was diagnosed with social anxiety, agoraphobia and depression. Apparently I sometimes have mild auditory hallucinations.
>>
I have schizophrenia too. My therapist was trying to tell me the other day that hearing voices and responding to them isn't that strange, it happens to a good amount of the population, even people who aren't technically mentally ill. Is this true?

Also I want to start self harming. Theres something under my skin, in my body, and I bet it would feel so damn good to cut and let it pour out.
>>
File: 1470854517200.gif (386KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470854517200.gif
386KB, 500x600px
>>37013244
I had that sensation too when I was psychotic.

Apparently it's caused by adrenaline, but it does feel like there is something in you or in your blood.
>>
>>37008037
Bipolar Disorder. I haven't dropped out of uni yet but I might have to since my brain has stopped working. My cognitive impairment has reached an all time high. I feel like a retard. I can still type stuff like this though. Thank God.
>>
>>37010862
Google it. They're completely different.
>>
>>37010973
>Bipolar and manic depression
Isn't that the same thing? Manic depression is just another word for Bipolar Disorder.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.