[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the closest to death you ever been? Tell me.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

File: 1494709127703.jpg (393KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494709127703.jpg
393KB, 564x800px
What is the closest to death you ever been? Tell me.
>>
>>36998531
Actually dying, was dead for close to 3 mins.

Lost lots of blood from wild dog attack.
>>
Trying to hang myself with my shoelaces in a crisis unit. Shit snapped just as I was losing conciousness.

>>36998637
Holy shit greentext anon.
>>
File: 1492905947444.jpg (54KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1492905947444.jpg
54KB, 958x660px
I don't think I could've died but there was one time where it sure felt like I was dying.
>10-11 y/o
>autismo fat kid
>get bored one day and try to learn how to do somersaults
>try to do one on my bed
>almost finish one
>hear a crack
>sharp pain in my back
>realize I can't breathe
>can push air out, can't get any back in
>feels like I could breathe out forever
>panic
>I don't want to die
>eventually manage to get a breath in
>back hurts too much to move
>get up after maybe 20 minutes laying there
Was fine afterward but I've always had an irrational fear of any sort of gymnastics since then
>>
File: 2797681bfc157c1a9d1222cedcecce02.jpg (816KB, 1684x1191px) Image search: [Google]
2797681bfc157c1a9d1222cedcecce02.jpg
816KB, 1684x1191px
3 and a half bottles of vodka or almost bleeding out in a back alley. Both were close to death.
>>
overdosed on heroin and woke up in the back of an ambulance not knowing what happened
>>
File: 1477790963234.jpg (23KB, 189x331px) Image search: [Google]
1477790963234.jpg
23KB, 189x331px
>pulling through an intersection on a rainy, foggy day
>dickhead in a grey van is doing 20+ over the speed limit with no headlights over a blind hill on my left (driver's) side
>all clear, start to go
>see him fly over the hill in the corner of my eye at the last minute
>I brake hard, trying to power through would've definitely resulted in a crash, my truck's acceleration is shit
>he swerves and misses me by what seemed like inches

I might not have died, but I would've been fucked up for sure.
>>
>>36998531
Broke up a fight with two dogs and both of my legs were extremely bloody
>>
>>36998831
Side note, I'm very cautious about everything and pre-plan what I do before I do anything so I've never really got that injured.
>>
>>36998747
Not much to tell

>walking home after school
>fucking 3 rottweilers chase me
>fall
>get back up and try to run
>one grabs my leg and whips me down
>one goes for my neck
>one for my face
>can't scream because one is tearing my face up and other my neck
>start to feel nothing
>get all tingles like needles and pins
>it feels so fucking good
>pass out

My grandmother's dog came to my rescue it was a huge fuck Akita and it ripped two of them into pieces other dog ran off
>>
>>36998531
When I was a kid my appendix ruptured, we lived in the absolute middle of nowhere and the only doctor for miles told my parents it was just a stomach ache I was overreacting too. They didn't take me to the hospital until the next day when I literally couldn't walk anymore. My appendix had been busted for a while by that point and once they got the tatters of it out I spent a week with a tube sticking out of my side draining shit out of me.
>>
>>36998531
Woke up in my shed covered with dish soap and vomit with a shittily made slip knot after blacking out on vodka and 3meopcp
>>
>>36998531
>17 y/o
>driving back from a computer repair gig
>gravel road
>going ~45 MPH
>moth comes out of nowhere, starts flapping in my face
>swat at it
>look up, stop sign coming up
>reflexively brake (too hard)
>lose control of the car (gravel)
>after regaining control, now pointed ~30 degrees relative to road
>run into concrete ditch
>car is totalled but the windshield held

I was wearing my seatbelt, and damn those things are amazing. No whiplash or anything, no injuries at all really. Had I not been wearing it I would have been pretty dead.
>>
>take 300ug of acid with a friend at a native bush place (most Ive done at the time is 150ug)
>takes awhile to effect but start getting the recurring acid thought that "SOMETHING IS WRONG"
>ask friend to take me back to my place (uni dorm)
>the walk back feels like eternity, start tripping more and more until I barely can keep grasp of reality, only reason Im not freaking out on the street is I only have to concentrate on walking next to friend
>next thing I know Im in my room, didnt actually know where I was at the time, thought the room was just somewhere my mind made up to try and keep hold of reality
>panic is at 1000%, not sure if Im alive or dead, feel like I've lost my soul
>only things I can remember about myself is my name and where I used to live growing up, keep screaming them at the top of my lungs
>CONVINCED that I am dying, see my life before me like a movie playing, see possible realities of how my life could've been if I didn't die, panic doesn't even begin to describe how terrified I was
>time is infinite, experience all parts of my trip non-linearly, thought that the reason I forget who I am and what is happening is because I've been detached from reality for thousands of years

1/2
>>
>>36998877
>it ripped two of them into pieces other dog ran off

That's fucking cool
>>
>>36999033

2/2

>lying belly down on the foyer of the dorm (obviously didnt know at the time), police restraining me and in handcuffs
>this will never end, how long has it been, why havent I died yet, begging for death just so I can escape this eternity
>realize that the reason it's not done is because I am in hell, I died a long time ago
>hell is seeing your life and all its flaws, what could have been, constant pain (resisting handcuffs with all my strength, + loads of marks and bruises from idk what), HUGE mental strain, forever
>this whole time I didn't know what was going on, even though I finally realized Im in hell, it gives me some relief since I understand what is happening
>also probably feel relief and calm because I assume that's when the paramedics inject something to knock me out
>wake up handcuffed to a stretcher in the back of a ambulance
>start bawling my eyes out

There is so much more shit I want to say, but anyone who has done large amounts of psychedelics can understand that you just can't describe so many things that happen on your trip.
I can now get triggered into panic attacks if I see something that deja vu's my badtrip
>>
File: 1462051848615.jpg (133KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
1462051848615.jpg
133KB, 624x950px
>>36998531
Probably not car crash on mountain road but I would have died if there wasn't a guardrail, but when I was a kid I ate some gnarly expired yogurt and was hospitalized for a few weeks
>>
>>36998531
>drowned once when i was 5
>drowned again 7
>again at 13
>revived on the way to the hospital everytime
>car crash where my airbag didn't go off age 19
>seatbelt compressed my ribcage hard enough it knocked into my heart and stopped it
>revived by paramedics on the spot
>age 20 stabbed by a friend of a friend who was a burnout
>nobody else present guy just got paranoid and followed me home
>don't remember much of the incident outside kicking his face
>the hospital found me losing blood fast outside the ER
>as far as anyone can tell from the blood i walked the 3 miles to the hospital
>heart stopped, couldn't be started, then started on its own just after having my shit called
>age 21 fell in during ice fishing
>told i was basically dead when medevac arrived but I can't say how close
>>
>>36999033
that's why you do acid in a safe place like your home, not with a bunch of normies you twat.
>>
>>36999097
>not learning to swim after drowning the first time
????
>>
>>36999033
>>36999072
If this is what acid is like, then it sounds like the kind of hallucinations I have once I hit the ~36 hours awake mark, just more of it.

>>36999097
You are actually in purgatory. Looks like they've upgraded the internet connection.
>>
>>36999072
>>36999033
If you took LSD and not something else then you were no where near real death, bud
Just very very high + extreme panic
>>
>>36999147
Yeah I've learnt my lesson since then. I've done acid again since then, but always make sure I know my dosage / have a tripsitter / have a safe space

>>36999176
Yeah, but it definitely felt like I was close to death / actually dead
>>
>>36998877
Doesn't matter how big the dog is, 3 Rottweilers should've been more than enough for it. They have the strongest bite of any dog and are extremely muscular. Highly doubt that Akita managed that unless it also got fucked up in the process.
>>
>>36999272
Her hind leg was permanently fucked for the rest of her life other than that she was fine
>>
>>36998531
>What is the closest to death you ever been? Tell me.
A car almost ran over me when I was learning to ride a bike around 7 years old ish
>>
>>36999152
Fun fact: i learned how to swim age 6. The age 7 and 13 ones were just shit circumstances either on my part or others.
>>
>>36999166
If this is jacobs ladder why don't i at least have a freebie chiropractor to fix my fucking spine and shoulder?
>>
ALMOST TOUCHED 30 AMPS OF 3 PHASE ELECTRICITY
>>
>>36999373
Still coming down from the high, I see.
>>
>be 8
>holiday in turkey
>one day we go to this ravine
>after the ravine we get into these doughnuts
>have a paddle
>paddling along like a fat autist
>start getting dragged by the river down a spooky path
>fuck fuck fuck
>manage to get a grip on the rocks and stuff beneath me
>scream for lifeguard in special red doughnut to eventually get to where I was in the river
>taking ages
>fucker finally gets here
>go back to paddling
>arriving way later than the rest of my family at the end place

doesn't really count as nearly dying but its all ive got and thought I might as well post it here
>>
I dunno, today i guess. Every day is time shaved off the timer
>>
>>36999498
>Spooky path

The river goes somewhere. You either would have hit land and been able to get out and walk, or would have rejoined the main river.
>>
>>37000108
the path was into a forest so I would've gotten out, freaked out and run to find people who wont even speak English without any kind of technology on me or the address of the villa
>>
>>36998531
>16 years old
>underwent bone marrow transplant to treat leukemia
>got severe graft vs. host disease, transplant rejection
>it complicates with fungal bronchoneumonia, then septic shock
>in metabolic coma for 6 days
>regain consciousness for a while
>suddenly pass out
>cardiac arrest, no breathing
>clinically dead
>reanimation procedures for 3 minutes
>resuscitate
>back into coma for another 3 days
>somehow managed to survive

My memories are blurred but I recall it was a rather comfy feeling.
>>
I used to like goinv hammocking by myself alot because it is relaxing. The best views are from high up in trees, plus its kinda exciting being up high so I often climbed trees and hammocked pretty high up. One time one of the branches I was strapped to snapped and I tumbled down a pretty big distance. I hit my head and was knocked unconscious when I hit the ground. Since the place I was at was on a slope I slid down the slope as well and at the bottom of the hill was a river. My unconscious body was like 2 feet away from sliding into said river. I didnt even go back for the hammock and have never been hammocking since.
>>
Nearly choked to death on a hamburger at a Wendys. Had to give myself the Heimlich and my mom yelled at me for spitting my food out on the table.

Reacted negatively to anesthetic going into emergency appendectomy surgery. Turns out I was allergic to whatever the hell they used.

Bitten by a bat that tested positive for rabies. $13,000 in rabies shots later I'm still here.
>>
>>36998823
How'd the Narcan feel? A lot of medical personell end up punched when the patient feels the sudden pain of Narcan.
>>
>>36998881

>A country bumpkin doctor couldn't identify a burst appendix

I hope you sued him to hell and back for malpractice.
>>
>>36999176

Ego death is a thing, friend. Sure, it's not like actually dying but it can still fuck you up if you're not prepared for it.
>>
>>37001320

Never done heroin or been given Narcan but yeah I hear it hurts like absolute hell. Like someone injecting fire directly into your veins.
>>
>>36998531
I had stage 3 cancer when I was 6/7. It was shit but looking back
>almost die
>get lots of morphine
>people visit you because they care about you
Sounds like a good time to me desu
>>
File: wojak.jpg (124KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
124KB, 633x758px
>>36998531
I got two stories so far :

> be me 10 yo
> go to nice waterfalls near my grandmother house with my uncle, my aunt and my cousins
> go in the water playing around with my uncle
> he tells me to not go near the waterfalls
> retardation kicks in and i decide to jump on the farest rock
> the rock is slippery
> OHFUCKNO.jpg
> start falling over in the water
> carried by the current in the waterfall
> AAAAAAAAAH.mp3
> see my uncle jumping over to me
> he grabs my hand at the last second
> pulls me out of the water
> say "omg thanks i m so sor-"
> he slap my fucking face so hard (I still remember to this day)
> mfw i deserved it

He ended up killing himself in 2011 because of muh work problems

> be me 15yo
> back from vacation with dad, mom , brother and cat
> I m holding the cat in his cage
> it s 1 am we had a long trip and we still have to take a train
> so fucking tired
> half sleeping walking along the railway
> close my eyes to take a 5 seconds rest time
> fall on the railroad with the cat screaming like a bitch
> It fucking hurts
> i try to jump back on the sidewalk
> dad turn arond and see me on the railroad
> WTF.jpg
> YOUCOULDHAVEBEENKILLEDYOUFUCKINGIDIOT
> dont really realize what was happening
> mfw it just seem like a dream when it happened

Since that i can t go on the subway with the feeling that someone will fall (poeple i am with and i have to stand at least 5 meters away from the railwway for me to feel safe)

The cat passed out 6 month ago, at 20 or 21 i dont even remember.
>>
I took 8,000 acetaminophen in attempt to get the oxycodone contained in the medicine. I have been awake for a week straight on crystal meth. I got beaten by a group of niggers at a house party. I woke up next to a hooker in the ghetto without a phone, car and no recollection of anything and she asked if I wanted any heroine. I once made my mama mad. I drunk drove 120mph to get some pussy. I didn't drink or eat a single thing for three days. I passed out in subzero weather in the snow.
>>
>>36999097
Nigga stop dying, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>36998531
I almost choked to death on a Jolly Rancher,it would have been a fitting end for me.
>>
File: pipe cleaner.jpg (110KB, 1488x716px) Image search: [Google]
pipe cleaner.jpg
110KB, 1488x716px
Once as a kid I stuck a pipe cleaner into an electrical outlet. I got a shock but I pulled it out right away.
>>
My own brother tried to kill me. He forced me to act in self defense and kill him. To this day I regret that it wasn't me that died
>>
>>36998531
8 day coma from multiple organ failure
>>
8 day coma caused by multiple organ failure.

It sucked pretty bad. I completely lost the ability to walk and a good deal of my ability to speak for months. I still can't move quickly and sometimes have memory and speech problems.

Being actually autistic made the recovery process very challenging.
>>
File: Capture.png (29KB, 345x263px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29KB, 345x263px
Tried to commit suicide with insulin cause I am a type 1 diabetic fuck, blood glucose hit sub 5 but the fucking assholes at the hospital jabbed solution into every arterial vein and saved me
>>
choked on spaghetti while alone

I was actually pretty ready to just let it happen
>>
>>36998531
I had the flu when I was 15. My parents didn't believe me until I was curled up on the floor shivering with a fever of 104. I went to the doctor the next morning but I was pretty much bedridden for the next three days.
>>
As a kid, almost got impaled by a spiked fence in my stomach after being chasing a cat.
>>
>>36998983
>45mph
>gravel road
Nigga u crazy
>>
>>37003743
Also, I put my first car upside down in a tree, got away without a scratch but if I hadn't been wearing a seat belt I would have been very, very dead.
>>
>>36998531
>17
>just starting out practicing wilderness survival
>go deep into forest in -30C winter with minimal, basic shit
>completely alone
>make shelter from logs and spruce boughs and shit, make too small a fire (not enough xp to know it at that point), its especially cold, -30C without windchill and it was a snowstorm
>go to bed, everything seems fine
>wake up at some point as per usual
>anybody who has been winter camping like this knows this feeling
>you don't realize how cold you are when you are so sleepy from a hard days work camping, its actually pretty dangerous to sleep if you're too exhausted, the risk of hypothermia during sleep goes up the more tired you are but its not normally a problem except for levels of exhaustion like in mountaineering
>get up to get dry spruce twigs to light up the fire again
>it starts to set in how cold I really am
>start to convulse uncontrollably
>I no longer feel cold, just numb and shaking more violently than I have ever before
>cannot even undo the zipper on my coat to get at my knife which is tucked inside my coat around my neck
>eventually stop shivering, just numb
>cannot move hands normally, its like I'm REALLY drunk and hands are asleep
>cannot think clearly
>not worried, just numb
>everything is calm, I'm suddenly ready to just lie down and never get up, just let the wind take away all my heat and relax until I fall asleep forever
>its a bit of this for a while but I keep trying and trying and trying like I'm running automatically without thinking to get those twigs
>just throw them haphazardly on the fire
>still not even thinking about what I'm doing, just doing
>fire gets going, warm up slowly as fuck, start convulsing again
>finally warm up and make the fire huge as fuck before going back to bed

Once I was back I read about hypothermia and realized just how close I came. When you stop shivering and your mind goes numb, you're usually at the point of no return if you don't have somebody to help you out.
>>
>>37001290
Well rabies isn't so dangerous if you get the shots during the 3 month incubation period. After that incubation period, the fatality rate is near 100% with only a few recorded survivors in history. It actually has the highest mortality rate of any disease I think.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.