[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>being a wagecuck >thinking employers care about you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: _96039505_mediaitem96041153.jpg (21KB, 520x292px) Image search: [Google]
_96039505_mediaitem96041153.jpg
21KB, 520x292px
>being a wagecuck
>thinking employers care about you
>>
>Thinking wagecucks care about their employers
There's a reason we steal and cheat and fuck them over every single chance we get.
>>
>>36998413
This, plus there's a middle ground: Work hard to build skills and save money to have a bit of financial security, then use these things as leverage to get promoted or find a better job elsewhere.
>>
>>36998400
whats the story behind the photo OP?

I found on my application for my wagecuck job from a few years ago a big "I like him! With a smile face written on it."

Too bad I burn every bridge I have because I'm mentally unstable.
>>
>>36998400
Roastie btfo holy fuck.
>>
>>36998664

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-39908145
>>
>>36998664
Not op, but reverse image search dat shit nigga. It's literally built into 4chan now.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-39908145
>>
>>36998764
Ha ha, this roastie got butthurt after getting her first taste of the real world and discovering employers don't think she's the special snowflake her feminist professors always told her she was.

Welcome to the world of work, darling. The office is not like the safe space at your Wymyn's Centre. If you're going to survive, you'd better get over yourself and start searching for a way to convince people you have something to offer.
>>
kek.

>roastie sjw thinks companies actually want to deal with snowflake sjws
They want to make money, not schedule mandatory daily meetings about how to dismantle da patriarchy.

She should look for a job in "art" of some kind or education.
>>
>>36999162
Depends where you live and what industry you work in.

I couldn't get an UNPAID internship in local government. I had a hard time getting an interview even. When I finally did, the workplace was all SJW women and one Asian guy that seemed like he had a grudge against white dudes.

If you live in a blue or purple county, these are the sort of people running government. It's pretty disturbing.
>>
>>36998400
More like
>Not being a wagecuck
>Thinking employers care about you
>>
I used to help interview prospective hires at my job. We got tons of applicants from uni students with no experience hoping we'd take a chance on them. Tbqh we'd pretty frequently pass their resumes around and make fun of them.
>>
>>36999549
What? Literally everywhere in this world the rule is: Have something to offer other people, or accept that no one is going to give a shit about you.

Government offices are dysfunctional shitholes precisely because they hire the dregs no stable business will touch. This is a big part of why so much tax money gets wasted and the government can never seem to accomplish even the smallest tasks.
>>
>>36999661
Private companies don't hire me either.

I have a brain, a degree, can follow directions, can doing most basic office bitch task, and am capable of learning how to do tasks the average person is capable of doing. No special snowflake syndrome. Still haven't had made more than acouple dollars above min wage, and I'm almost 30.
>>
>>36999774
The explanation is: You are not communicating to these people you have something of value to offer them. Nobody really gives a shit about your degree or what you can think you can teach yourself. They want to know: What you can do for me, today?

If you want a job, stop asking yourself, "How can I get a job?", and start asking yourself, "How can I become the sort of person employers want to hire?" Or read this:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person_p2/
>>
>>36998400
>interview if only for a laugh
Hope someone takes her to an employment tribunal over that shit and gets her fired.
>>
>>36999963
Why can't I just live for myself. Hate corporate culture with all the back stabbing and shit. I work in a pretty chill office and still deal with this bs.
>>
>>36999963
>How can I become the sort of person employers want to hire?"

Skills matter A LOT LESS than whether you fit into an organization's culture, whether you have social connections in the company already, or whether your employer thinks you would be easy to get along with.

Do you have a career track job? How did you get it? Did you have good references and/or friends in the company?
>>
>>37000066
>Why can't I just live for myself. Hate corporate culture with all the back stabbing and shit.

Welcome to the real world, Anon. Thinking you're somehow above all this is the very definition of snowflakehood.

This is the game we're forced to play. Why do you think roasties are so manipulative and cruel? Because LIFE ITSELF is, and they're looking for a man that's strong enough to handle it. Instinctively they know what the world is about. Time to stand up and decide you're going to face the challenge, too.
>>
>>36999963
I asked an employer during an interview if he had any concerns about my qualifications and if there were any doubts he had that I might not be able to do the job he wanted filled.

No concerns, and he told me he thought I could do the job just fine.

I never got a call back.
>>
>>36998400
How can I make enough money to afford a Dodge Challenger Hellcat? They star at like 60K so I guess roughly that.

I live with my mom so expenses are minimal
>>
>>37000142

Above it all? I wouldn't say all that. I just don't have the heart to be pushing myself for someone else all the time. I want to live comfortably and do things I like that's it.
>>
Good thing you can get a job. I've put in about 120 applications within the last 3 months and only had 4 interviews. Didn't get the job for any of them.

Guess I'll stay NEET and make my mom buy and then make me chicken tendies w/e.
>>
>>37000171

He probably just didn't like you m8. That's usually what every interview comes down to.
>>
>>37000232
>He probably just didn't like you m8.

Yeah, well nobody likes me m8, so what am I supposed to do? Eat shit and die?
>>
>>37000088
>Skills matter A LOT LESS than whether you fit into an organization's culture, whether you have social connections in the company already, or whether your employer thinks you would be easy to get along with.

This is partly true: You need ALL the things you mentioned to get and keep a job. Getting hired really is largely about social connections, but you do have to demonstrate skills as well. Once you have the job, keeping it is mostly about fitting in and not running afoul of the office politics, not so much about having the right skills anymore.

>Do you have a career track job? How did you get it?

"Career track" is probably overstating it, but I am currently making over six figures as a senior software developer at a company up here in Toronto, Canada. And yes, I got hired mostly because I was friends with the company's CTO.

But before you run off whining, the only reason I knew the CTO in the first place is because he used to come to a meetup group I started and ran, basically a weekly coffee-and-hangout session for programmers in the area. That's something I did on my own, while unemployed, to meet other programmers, learn from other people and have fun. And then when the CTO needed a programmer who could start on short notice, he already knew me and what I could do.

So while it's true I got the job because I "knew someone", the opportunity didn't just fall into my lap. It happened because I went out and did fucking something instead of lying in bed all day posting rants on /r9k/ about how unfair life is and how employers never hire robots.
>>
>>37000254
>Yeah, well nobody likes me m8, so what am I supposed to do?

Have you tried becoming more likeable? Practically everyone has to work on this at some point in their life.
>>
>>36998400
Cuckoldry is my meme, fucking autistic taggers.
>>
>>37000334
Likable how exactly?

I'm polite, I have good manners, and I mind my own business.

What more could you want?
>>
>>37000142
get fucked bootstrapper, go suck shekelsteins dick you fucking cuck. kys.
>>
>>36998400
>be a social assistance cuck
>thinking society cares about you
>>
>>37000334
It's important to understand that some people can not and will never be likeable. Maybe it's something about their face, or their smell, or the way they talk but there can be something just off-putting about certain people. A natural response towards them that puts others on edge.
There's nothing that person can do about it. It's very unfair, but that's simply how it is.

Trying to be likeable, when you're like that, will just come across as trying too hard and it'll make people like you even less.
>>
>>37000207
Cool. Most people hate working for others.

They deal with it in a few ways
>suck it up, work for company x while working on tneir personal shit on their own time (most common)
>become their own boss (somewhat common)
>do nothing and rely on others
>>
>>37000590
It's important to understand that the self-talk you use with yourself plays a big role in determining what you can accomplish in life.

If you tell yourself you can never be likeable, you never will be. If you say you can't fix problems like body odour or weak conversational skills, then you never will---even though many other people have successfully dealt with these issues and many much more serious ones (including, yes, their face).

People have written entire books on how to become more likeable. There are plenty of opportunities each day to practise, if you go looking for them. But you won't, because you tell yourself you can't. And THAT is why you stay unlikeable, not because of whatever situation you happen to be in currently.
>>
>>37000066
You would need a marketable skill and fill a niche that few people can fill. If they need you, the threat of leaving from even the perception of bullshit coming your way would be enough to buffer yourself from the politics.
>>
>>37000709
Anon, there are lots of people who have to withdraw from society because they're universally unlikeable.
I'm fine, people like me well enough. I'm talking about other people in the world.

You'll assume they don't exist and figure everyone gets over it because those are the only people you ever see, the ones who don't have a problem.
>>
>>37000781
>You'll assume they don't exist and figure everyone gets over it

Nope, not even close. Not everyone does get over it---I'm not "over it" yet myself, though I've made a lot of progress. But many more would get somewhere in life if they simply tried, or tried more than one time before giving up.

I know from personal experience that robots are different from the rest of the world. But that's not an excuse to avoid learning to fit in and making something of yourself, especially if the alternative is to be stuck at home and miserable.

Remember, we have control over practically everything we do, including how we interact with others and what we choose to focus on and practise. Life itself is a process of making mistakes and getting better at living---the trick is not to halt this process by either giving up or avoiding it in the first place. But the first step is to convince yourself that something better is possible, because (for virtually all of us here) it is.
>>
>>36998413
Yup this. I'm lucky enough to have a decent boss. I fully appreciate how rare that is.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.