[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you need to love yourself first, before anyone else can love

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: e n o u g h.png (1MB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
e n o u g h.png
1MB, 785x757px
>you need to love yourself first, before anyone else can love you

THIS IS JUST "JUS BEE URSELF BRAH" LEVELED UP

ISNT IT
>>
Yes, now take a fucking shower you smelly commie
>>
>>36992979
It's true though. You have to have a positive, concrete sense of self before you can be emotionally vulnerable in a relationship.
>>
Its true retard, just be yourself is great advice too.
>>
File: 1385213370124.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1385213370124.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>36992999
>normie reply
every time

go neck yourself
>>
>>36993058
No it's the truth, you smell like hair soaked in garbage hanging out of a gopher's asshole.

GO
TAKE
A
FUCKING
SHOWER
>>
File: 1414390696630.png (104KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1414390696630.png
104KB, 399x388px
>>36993058
go neck yourself you normie piece of shit faggot i fucking hate you get the fuck off my board reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>36992979
I've never loved myself really I don't think and I've had gfs before. Of course after going bald I fucking hated myself and haven't had a gf since so maybe it's true.
>>
File: 1484062563052.jpg (142KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1484062563052.jpg
142KB, 422x422px
>>36993172
Wrong comment pathetic NEET garbage, you're in my world now hahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>36992979
Actually, it's the truth. But it's hard to do because you're supposed to learn that during your infant years by receiving unconditional love from your parents. This teaches you that you are worthy of being loved. If this love was absent, you learn that you do not deserve love. This can be healed through therapy and meditation.
>>
>>36992979
Not really, if you can't figure yourself out and do what you wanna do, then you're just aimlessly living your life. Getting a girlfriend and working hard to make a shit ton of money doesn't mean shit if it's not what you want.
>>
>>36992979

On the contrary.

It's the key to making it.

For those of us who have relics of low self-esteem and confidence, it can be difficult.
>>
>>36992979
epic wojak, my friend
you're right, correct is the other way around:
>other people need to love you first, before you can love anyone else

those other people being, most importantly, your parents. but you got bad parents, bad genes and became a robot.
>>
there are TONS of people who don't love themselves who nonetheless live fulfilling lives involving relationships, love, sex, et cetera. The "you have to love yourself" meme is just another vague, meaningless excuse that allows people the psychological comfort of avoiding having to face the fact that life is unfair and that lots of people (overwhelmingly men) are just doomed to be rejected from the sexual marketplace, especially in a culture that has largely abandoned monogamy and freed women to follow their natural proclivity to orbit high-value "Chads."

People don't want to help you when they give you advice like this. They want to help themselves, and for them, it's more comfortable to assume that your crippling loneliness is your own fault and you could fix it if you weren't so lazy. It is very uncomfortable for people to have to acknowledge the brutal, Darwinian face of sexuality that lies behind the mask of courtship and romanticism we've hidden it behind.

you can love yourself all you want; women will not care or even notice. just don't love yourself enough to think that you deserve love or sex or other basic requisites of being a healthy human being, because that would make you an entitled creep.
>>
>>36993058
Sorryno one likes yo stinky ass m8
>>
>tfw no bf who hates himself (gay)
>>
File: 375666.jpg (341KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
375666.jpg
341KB, 3300x2550px
>>36993172
Tf kinda normie reply was that
>>
>>36992979
>before anyone else can love you

Fuck everyone else, if you can get to a place where you like yourself then they don't matter.
>>
>>36994263
>there are TONS of people who don't love themselves who nonetheless live fulfilling lives involving relationships, love, sex, et cetera.
There are tons of people who give off such an impression to their surroundings, you mean.
I had a good job and a stable relationship for the last 5 years, but I just quit both of them in order to travel to the Spanish mountains and study meditation with the Ishaya monks for 6 months. There I will learn to love myself.
>>
>>36992979
Don't beeee yourself, yourself is bad obviously. Work at improving yourself/ pursuing an avenue that you would like. Otherwise you wouldn't be so upset.
>>
It's a statement that takes any responsibility away from society. Let's say you had parents that had only one goal in raising you; to make you hate yourself as an adult. They succeed, and you hate yourself. The statement you used, STILL makes it YOUR fault that you're miserable, alone, and hate yourself. Even if the cause of not liking yourself is proven to be other people's fault. It's kind of a "Well it's in no way society's fault, because I'm a part of society, and that would mean that it was vicariously MY fault!" Most 'encouraging' statements fall into this area, where the person saying them can someone make it the fault of the person who is having the problems, making them feel worse.
>>
>>36992979
Yes and no. The normie will try to sell you this because he has been indoctrinated by shallow women's fashion psychology of romantic love. The normie doesn't know either how it all works, he just regurgitates lies in hope something sticks. The normie doesn't love himself, he just thinks he does.
The advice isn't bad however, for an entirely different reason. When you manage to love yourself, you will realise that there is no reason to seek a relationship that is just as fullfilling as owning a fleshlight or hiring a prostitue and more constraining to your personal freedom than federal pound-in-the-ass prison. When you love yourself, you become free of your desperation to acquire a meaty cock-sleeve and start working towards what your real goals in life are. That is when you reach enlightment.
>>
>>36994263
No one mentioned women tho,this could also apply to friendships. Almost every human gets annoyed by self pitying,unmotivated bum. Stop putting pussy on a pedestal,develop hobbies,skills,brotherly frienships.
>waah waah crippling loneliness
>basic requisites of being a healthy human
Most men in history died without reproducing and even more people lived most of their lives without romantic love,nothing basic about those things.
>>
>you shouldn't care what anyone thinks of you anon! just live for yourself!
Yeah, you stupid fucking roastie. That's why you spend an hour putting on makeup right?
>>
If cant even love your own self.
Do expect someone to go through all your shit to discover the snowflake inside of you?
>>
File: 1462670463365.jpg (17KB, 351x344px) Image search: [Google]
1462670463365.jpg
17KB, 351x344px
>>36992979
>low self esteem
>told to "love yourself before others can love you"
>take action to gradually raise my self esteem
>for the first time ever I feel pretty comfortable with everything
>realise the only changes have been superficial and nothing has really changed
>the only real difference is now I'm a narcissist
>still alone and unlikeable
>self esteem plummets again
>>
>>36994263
Here is another "Darwinian" truth for you: no one except parents and maybe siblings loves anyone unconditionally,chads and stacies get "love" for parts of themselves that are temporary and WILL be lost eventually,the "basic requisites of being a healthy human" as you describe them will follow. And monogamy is built on duty and toleration,not sweet feelings.
>>
>>36992979
i feel like "you need to love yourself" and "just bee yourself brah" are just placeholder solutions normies give you to avoid analyzing your problems in-depth and giving you a real solution, like when a liberal goes "take away the guns" after a shooting
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.