[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the easiest associates degree that I can get that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1491349778145.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491349778145.webm
1MB, 640x480px
What's the easiest associates degree that I can get that will land me a job that pays at least $15 an hour?

I have a bunch of credits saved up. I should be a junior in university but I left for family reasons. I can't afford to go back but I can afford to go to a community college. I hate my job now but I want to go back to school for a semester or two and earn a little associates that can land me a better job for the time being until I can go back to university.
>>
>>36951632
I though associates were considered useless.
>>
>>36951632
Accounting or nursing should do the trick. Maybe IT?
>>
>>36951705
Not necessarily. They're not going to get you a high paying job of your dreams but it'll get you something better than fast food or retail. Well at least that's what I've seen with my friends. One guy got his associates in business and he now works for Wells Fargo handling fraud cases and he gets around $18 an hour.
>>
>>36951632
idc what you have to say, what's that webm from?
>>
>>36951632
Drafting.
>>
>>36951632

something _____ technician
dont get one thats transferable to a 4 year college when you know youre only getting an associates
>>
>>36951797
>accounting
I suck at math.

>nursing
Sounds cool but it would take at least two years and although blood doesn't make me squeamish playing with needles and sticking yourself for class would.

>IT
I was thinking this but what program do I look for? Is it just called IT?
>>
>>36951799
Sounds like an aa in business is worth it then
>>
>>36951632
Criminal justice. Then go to police academy (doesn't cost a whole lot believe it or not, it's really inexpensive compared to college) The CJ courses will give more advanced knowledge that directly carries over to many jobs and of course make police academy significantly easier to get through. You don't have to be a patrol cop necessarily, you could be a corrections officer which is basically a security guard at a jail or prison or juvenile ward or be a probation or parole officer, etc. The pay's decent enough and you get great benefits, you may even be able to have the rest of your student debt forgiven for being a public servant. People will respect you a hell of a lot more since you could arrest them for being assholes to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 720x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 720x792px
>>36951632
Just get a security guard license, it's only 2 classes long and around $180. You start off as a security guard in retail, then security guard manager, and before you know it you can work up to district security guard manager and make $67k a year.

All just catching shoplifters. Home Depot pays $18hr but also it's dangerous because I've heard them being stabbed/shanked by screwdrivers. Anything they steal can be a weapon
>>
File: 1492720869436.png (77KB, 750x780px) Image search: [Google]
1492720869436.png
77KB, 750x780px
>>36951830
Penis technician.

He can get a job doing penis inspections
>>
>at least $15 an hour

jesus, shoot higher kid.
>>
You're not gonna make $15/hr without a bachelors in todays economy kiddo, and it has to be a bachelors in something decent not liberal arts. I know people with stem degrees barely pulling $35k a year (not in a city obviously). Jobs don't pay shit these days if you can even land one in the first place.
>>
>>36951894
This makes me mad that I dropped out of criminal justice. Sounds cool as fuck.
>>
>>36951975
Get an aa in job creation tech
>>
>>36951990
its a soul eating job that eats away at you and makes you depressed af
sauce: was security guard for 4 months before depression overtook me
>>
>>36951808
this. become a cad monkey.
>>
>>36952043

Yeah I can see why robots would like that job, but I would hang myself. A friend of mine is a security guard for a nuclear power plant, pays really well but he works disgusting hours and it must be so boring. I just can't live like that.
>>
>>36951805
officialbrave
She deleted all of her content.
>>
>>36951924

radiology tech, make $60K+ a year
>>
>>36951632
>tfw no slutty gf
I don't know why I want this
>>
>>36952274
What they dont tell you about that job is you gotta pay for your own medical malpractice insurance OUT OF POCKET.
So it's more like 40k takehome yearly.
>>
>>36952218
>officialbrave
no she didn't
https://official-brave.tumblr.com/
>>
>>36952218
>>36951805
From what irc, she's like autistic or something and her handlers discovered her account and made her delete it
>>
>>36952495
look above your post, she didn't delete.
>>
>>36952413
How do you fuck up being a radiology tech? Like xraying someone and giving them cancer?
>>
>>36951632
>What's the easiest associates degree that I can get that will land me a job that pays at least $15 an hour?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Even with a Bachelors in STEM, you'll be lucky to make $15 an hour. Don't fall for these bullshit averages of wages. Go on Indeed or whatever job site and look a the jobs, salaries/hourly pay and the experience needed. You'll find that most of these averages are after you've passed entry level and sucked enough dick to get promoted.

t. Chemist who thought he'd be making $40,000 but is barely pulling in 22,000 after taxes
>>
>>36952548
>barely pulling in 22,000 after taxes

I made that much a year as a lifeguard at a really chill place. Was literally drunk half the time and was able to listen to Rush Limbaugh regularly.

I live in SoCal though, so it doesnt go far. I live at home and have no rent though.
>>
go into welding

highest paying trade

or go to a community college and get CDL
>>
>>36952548
I feel you bro. I'm in IT with a BA in info systems and make about the same after taxes. But hey, at least I'm not at MickyD's. Right?
>>
>>36952626
Yeah, well fuck you

>>36952670
I regret not going immediately to grad school. My profs were saying how fun it is to work in industry and how much money I'll make. Most of them are fucking boomers
>>
Associates degrees aren't worth shit these days, bachelors is the bare minimum and even those are being phased out for masters. I swear to God, one day you're gonna need to get a doctorates summa cum laude from an ivy school to work anywhere.
>>
>>36952657
I wished I had done this. I learned trading on my own so my bachelors was fucking useless
>>
>>36952741
are you working in your field? Having a masters is overrated. More masters students are unemployed than just regular bachelor's degree people.
>>
>>36951797

>associates in nursing

not anymore, most states require a bsn

>accounting
>associates

wat

Try to be a nurses aide or CNA depending on your states laws, they are easy as fuck and will pay like $15-20 an hour depending on facility. You could even work long enough for a hospital to pay you to go to school to be a nurse at some point.

t Nurse
>>
>>36952829
I am. I want to get my PhD, but I'll do a Masters if I can be a GRA. Then it'll be paid for and I'll have two more years of not being a wagecuck
>>
>>36952857
go for it man, just remember degrees don't equal getting the job. I know a guy where I work at with way more experience and certs than me and he's riding forklifts, while I'm making reports in SQL.
>>
>>36952842
>not anymore, most states require a bsn

Not true, Family in CA, NYC and Miami only have Associates and work $70k+ RN jobs
>>36951797
>Accounting or nursing should do the trick. Maybe IT?

You wont be an accountant with an Associates in Accounting, youll be AP, AR,etc.
>>
>>36952921
I know, but the positions they open up are far better than being a lab bitch. I just hate how schools aren't honest with job prospects. If I had been told "Hey, you should go straight to Grad school because the jobs are shit" then I wouldn't have wasted two years of my life
>>
>>36952966

>NYC has 70k RN jobs with no BSN

Not for new grads, only people who have been working for years.

I got lucky and got 95k in the tristate area with my BSN
>>
File: 1492115692006.png (193KB, 352x416px) Image search: [Google]
1492115692006.png
193KB, 352x416px
>>36951632
I'm about to get my associate's degree, but now I'm worried about the same thing as you desu. I don't think it takes more than an associate's in my field to find an average-paying job, but now I'm worried I'll be missing out on advancing when I apparently don't have the "proper" degree for it.
>>
>>36953714
Just get a decent job where you can pay your bills and save up and then go back to school for something else. That's what my goal is.
>>
>>36951632
become an EMT
>>
>>36954964
I can't deal with all the needles and poking people. I watch gore vids for fun but I feel in person it'd be a different story.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.