[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honesty thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: !!!!1111111111111AAAAAAA.jpg (64KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
!!!!1111111111111AAAAAAA.jpg
64KB, 640x383px
/r9k/, we are all on this site in the context of an online character. Some of the characters are deeply rooted in our real life personalities, some are polar opposites, some are virtually identical.

I, for one, am the polar opposite of my irl self on this site.

Realistically, I'm doing fine in life. But, that being said, it's fun to complain and yell at people online for being "roasties"

Anyways, discuss. "fembots" not allowed, because everyone knows they don't really exist.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>36917470
you are a dumb faggot for adopting a persona online.
>>
Of course im different here

I come just to load off so I don't keep it all bubbled inside

Good to do so once in a while
>>
>>36917568
It's human psychology to do so, we all do. I don't do it for rping, I do it so I don't shoot up a school or something stupid like that. I'm a very pleasant person in real life, but you wouldn't know it online.

That being said, when it comes to people saying they're going to kill themselves, I do try to legitimately stop them. Idk, I feel like I should.
>>
>Realistically, I'm doing fine in life
Then you don't fucking belong here
Gb2reddit
>>
>>36917846
>I do try to legitimately stop them. Idk, I feel like I should.
you shouldn't, fuck off
>>
>>36917858
Okay Mr. Edge.

Why wouldn't I try to prevent someone from killing themselves

>>36917852
I used to be a fucking mess. I'm 5'8", I used to weigh 230 pounds, but I've lost weight and started to get my shit together. I've always heard of this place, but ironically, I only started going on once I didn't fit the "robot" archetype.
>>
>>36917899
>Why wouldn't I try to prevent someone from killing themselves
what can you ACTUALLY DO to improve their lives beyond give them some temporary false words to make yourself feel better?

nothing. you can't do anything. why tell someone to live when you don't know their situation and aren't planning to do shit to help?
>>
>>36917919
Being alive, even if you're suffering, opens up the possibility that you make it out of where you are.

I have plenty of family members who have attempted or had issues with depression. It sucks. I know that there's almost always a light on the other end of the tunnel, at least if you want there to be.
>>
>>36917975
>almost always
>almost
>>
>>36917975
ok and being dead guarantees that your suffering ends
>>
>>36917990
And guarantees that you will never experience happiness again. And guarantees that you will hurt at least one person unfairly.

>>36917981
When someone gives up on life, there's likely not a light at the end of the tunnel, but that's in their control.
>>
>>36918037
>And guarantees that you will hurt at least one person unfairly.
haha nice, guilt those depressed people into living
>>
>>36918043
I don't care how depressed someone is, it's extremely selfish and shitty to kill yourself in most situations.

Now, does that make me feel less bad for them or hate them as a person? No. But I'll give you an example. My next door neighbor killed himself, leaving behind a wife and 12 year old daughter. I still love the man, he was a great guy, and I feel awful for him, but it was a shit thing to do.

People can do bad things without being bad people or even at fault.
>>
>>36918121
people don't commit suicide on a whim. his life had gotten so unbearable that he chose to end it, knowing he would be hurting his wife and daughter. and you tell him it's a shitty thing to do, that he should continue to take on pain to cushion others? how? you have no idea of what he was going through.
>>
>>36918168
It is a shitty thing to do no matter how much you to empathize. He had a wife who, presumably loved him. But more importantly he opted out of his kids life. That's unforgivable no matter how you slice it. He didn't just live for himself and he STILL comitted suicide. It IS selfish. Plain and simple.
>>
>>36918168
I didn't tell him it was a shitty thing to do, as he had already done it.

Yes, your children are more important than your comfort. Like I said, I've dealt with my fair share of mentally ill people in my family. It's not fun, but I understand.
>>
>>36918265
Which is worse for a kid? Having a dead dad or having a dad so defeated and tired and depressed that he lays on the couch like a corpse all day thinking about the past?
>>
>>36918303
My dad dealt with severe depression. He's fine now, thank God he didn't kill himself, or I'd probably be in dire straits.

Yes, it's better to have a dad than no dad. I don't even know what the fuck kind of question this is.
>>
>>36918327
>He's fine now, thank God
Some people don't get fine.
>>
>>36918303
I can't answer that. Alive, though, he has a chance to heal and be a father atleast. Yes, depression is a pain. But once you have a kid you sack the hell up and take care of him/her because you no longer are existing for yourself. Alas, He's dead and nobody can do anything about that.
>>
>>36918357
Only if they choose not to, yes.

I've found myself dealing with anxiety and stuff. I just have to fucking force myself to sack up and deal with the problems rather than wallowing in not dealing with them.
>>
>>36918489
>Only if they choose not to
k, I'm done
>>
>>36918504
Okay, man. How many people, again, do you know that have dealt with wanting to kill themselves? None? Okay, fuck off man. My family is literally full of mental patients, I should know what it's like.
>>
>>36918489
Well said. You gotta crawl before you can walk. One thing at a time.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.