[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Anyone had a parent commit suicide?

>be my dad
>be making $80k as sales rep for a sports company in the early 1990s
>referee college basketball games on the side, have contacts in the NBA
>want to referee in the NBA, get told I don't have enough experience
>despite this, I know black guys with far less experience getting more calls and offers
>there's a scandal at work and a guy who I've always covered for lies and says I was stealing corporate funds for personal use
>I literally gave this guy my spare shirt when he turned up at work piss drunk one day
>get fired, they find out a week later that I was right and the guy was a liar
>boss is profusely apologetic but says "we hired somebody else the next day to replace you"
>find out a few months later from old coworker that my replacement is a black guy who barely gets any work done, boss wants to fire him and rehire me but HR won't let him because he's black
>get another job, pays $60k
>my old company goes belly up not long after
fast forward to 2008
>gone through 3 different sales jobs and was laid off during downsizes, see lazy dishonest coworkers getting kept
>get fucked over again due to another coworker pinning the blame on me to hide his fuckups
>another apology, another "sorry, we hired someone else already"
>decided I've had enough
>in about $200k of debt from credit cards, pool, and mortgage, savings are dry
>jump off a bridge and leave my family behind
>>
>>36875074
Sorry about your dad anon. He seemed like a cool guy.
>>
>>36875126
Well, he never really taught me anything or tried to be influential in my life, he was very distant. My mom says he was a shadow of his former self after getting fucked over so many times and watching dishonest people get ahead.
>>
>>36875169
did he never or just not during your teenage years?
my dad's quite the same, as in the bitter distant -kind of person. can't judge him however because I'm practically acting the same as he does
>>
>>36875332
I was 14 when he killed himself, basically the only time he tried to do anything was when I got into baseball for a few years at the end of the kids league. Then I got massively depressed after being shunned in middle school, started skipping and faking illness (although I did have real health problems mixed in). He had told my mom he'd been cheating and was wondering whether he'd given me an STD, they were going through a divorce when he lost his job and the recession hit.
>>
>>36875448
"wondering whether he'd given me an std", what?

sounds bad anon, there's a lot that can be said about his behaviour but more importantly, just take care of yourself k?
>>
No, but both my parents are still alive which is why I can't kill myself
>>
>>36875557
>"wondering whether he'd given me an std", what?
He never abused me or anything like that, my Mom said he didn't think he had any STDs but was trying to think of something to explain my illness and wondered if he could've given me something just by kissing me on the cheek and such when I was younger.
>>
>>36875074
>>get fired, they find out a week later that I was right and the guy was a liar
>>boss is profusely apologetic but says "we hired somebody else the next day to replace you"

Your dad was a fucking retard if he actually allowed this to happen.
>>
>>36875715
I don't know the details exactly, but for whatever reason he couldn't back himself up until they caught onto the other guy and found details through that that supported my dad's case.
>>
>>36876247
Then he should have stopped being a cuck, lawyered up and sued the pants off that place
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.