[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>perfect is overrated >you matter :) >try keeping a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2059.jpg (129KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2059.jpg
129KB, 500x710px
>perfect is overrated
>you matter :)
>try keeping a journal
Therapists are a meme
>>
>Keeping a journal

This meme works.
>>
>>36872421
can normies actually put their thoughts into words? nothing that ever came out of my mouth was what I wanted to say
>>
>>36872315
I feel bad because I can tell that my therapist cares, but they don't know how to help me. So they try all this generic advice hoping something will stick.
>>
>>36872478
Try automatic writing until you can organize your thoughts better.

If you read about it, some sources will say it's a psychic or occult thing. I don't agree with that, it's just a way to easily put feelings into some kind of text when it's too hard otherwise
>>
>"Sometimes I feel like an absolute fuckup, a walking catastrohy."
>"...Well, have you tried not feeling like that?"
>"..."
>"Okay, that'll be $100, Anon."

Therapy is bullshit. All the ones I've had have told me to "think more positive," and "try to write down what makes you feel bad." Waste of an hour, really.
>>
>>36872524
i'm not looking for solutions to my problems thx
>>
>>36872315
Maybe you should stop pretending to be smarter than your therapist and accept the fact that you are a pathetic faggot that needs to accept whatever helpful practices people offer to you?
>>
Therapy is a complete utter scam for the majority of robots.

Words cannot fix our severe brain dysfunction, i.e. critical lack of dopamine that causes intense constant depression, crushing loneliness, utter lack of motivation, immense social anxiety, etc.

And medication for antidepressants is another farce for most of us. SSRIs, SNRIs, none of these correct our brain imbalances. They just make you feel numb and awful.

I'm trying to look for an herbal cure, but sadly I don't think one exists.
>>
>>36872555
what even are positive thoughts? I never understood that
>>
>>36872574
Dude you're right I should just stop feeling bad then I won't feel so bad. I matter! All my problems will be fixed if I just stay positive.

>implying I haven't already tried these countless times before
>>
>>36872315
>wow anon you are so strong
>keep going anon
>that doesnt define you!!!!
>try being positive

I WANT TO KILL ALLLL NORMIEEEES ERREEEEEE

why are they so fucken disgusting
>>
>>36872511
My old therapist wrote me a letter to fuck off, It arrived on my Birthday.

BestDayOfMyLife.jpg
>>
>>36872577
If you have depression, st john's wort is said to help, but if you've got problems with psychosis, then don't take it
>>
>>36872725
It might sound strange but I'd actually really like something like that. My issue with my therapist and talking about my problems in general is that I feel like no one can be completely "real" about what they think. My therapist has to remain professional, for example. I assume by letter to fuck off you don't mean a handwritten note telling you to kill yourself, but more of a business termination notice, but I still like the idea of the former a lot more.
>>
>>36872690
No you didnt. If you actually tried helping yourself you would either be happy or dead right now, but I know that you just enjoy feeling hopeless, you're too lazy and scared to take the blame for who you are right now. Sort yourself out.
>>
>you know you're loved right, anon?
>have you tried buying a fidget tool for when you feel anxious?
>wow, you're doing so good in your studies! you must feel really good about yourself!

Why doesn't this faggot realize most of my problems come from me and not from other people? The reason i see my therapist is because my brain is in a bad way and i think about fucked up shit, not because of anyone else
>>
>>36872884
I wrote a journal, I tried staying positive but the failure of these things LED me to therapy, not that I came into therapy and didn't try these things. You're a dipshit and projecting hard.
>>
>>36872421
Please tell me more. I'm considering keeping one.
>>
>>36872863
That guy was a fucking asshole, but not openly like that.

He'd always have the same questions for me and never really seemed interested in anything. He acted like he didn't want me taking his time since the day I first showed up there.. So the one time I miss an appointment he was probably happy he found a reason to kick me out.
>>
All my therapist ever tells me is "if nothing happens, nothing happens." She says this like it's supposed to be something really insightful and make me happy or something.
>>
>>36872315
>therapist is actually trying to give some advice.
HAHA LUCKY YOU. Mine has never given me a single tip. And I've been seeing him every week for the past six fucking months.

>>36873160
Different anon, helped for a little while.
If you're locked into a certain pattern of thinking, it can help you notice that.
Used to have very cyclic moods, managed to fix that for a while and be relatively happy. Now it's all just gone to apathy/forgetting to write in it most of the time, but it helps learning a little more about yourself and why you're in this situation.
>>
>>36873121
You're not a puzzle, you're just a faggot with /r9k/ mentality. Get over yourself and listen to your therapist.
>>
>>36872924
He can't force you to think in a certain way. That's up to you.

All he can do is offer advice and give outward sources of positivity. Therapists need to be careful with how presumptuous they are.
>>
>>36872555
Well HAVE you tried not feeling like that?
>>
>>36872315
perfection is a lie
nothing matters
journals impose a fanciful, restrictive self-dogma on the author
>>
>>36873398
if he doesn't help you why are you still going?
>>
>the reasons I am depressed are not politically correct
>therapist does a poor job of hiding their contempt for me
>>
>Just write a list of all the things you like about yourself and then write a list of all the things you hate about yourself. You'll see that there's a lot more to like about yourself! : )
>>
>>36873427
Get over myself? Nigger I have done these things before and they didn't work even when I was in an open minded state. If you really can't fathom why I would be upset that I'm paying $100 for someone to literally say "be positive" and try shit I've already done you are retarded.
>>
>>36873561
At this point I'd genuinely slap anyone who would actually say to me IRL. I hope youre baiting.
>>
yall must have had some garbage therapists

or you're not actually committed to improving your life and the therapist can see that so there is nothing they can actually do to help you.
>>
>>36873529
>journals impose a fanciful, restrictive self-dogma on the author
I've never heard anyone say this before, what do you mean exactly?
>>
>>36873598
>>36873529
I don't think it means anything, since it makes no sense.
>>
>>36873597
> you're not actually committed to improving your life
Duh. You only go to theraphy to shut your parents up. I have no problems with my life. Its always other people.
>>
>>36873587
It actually happened to me.
>>
>>36873477
Sounds like a waste of time to go to school to become a therapist if you're barely able to actually do anything to help your clients.
>>
My therapist was pretty good:

>Self hatred is just another form of self-obsession
> People are attracted to neither
>If you want friends, learn to own up to your shit and move on
>>
>>36873702
Oh forgot the second thing he said
>Just like people who talk about themselves constantly to build themselves up, you talk about yourself constantly to bring yourself down.
>>
>>36872315
My first therapist called me "stupid," "idiot," "waste of time for society," and i "must be a reaaaal disappoint to my parents." No one believed me that she was verbally abusive, so i took my parents in with me one day and she was all like "oh how lovely to meet the parents of this lovely young man." I refused to see her again
>>
>>36873723
Whats so good about that advice? Pls elaborate
>>
File: toptoad.png (74KB, 383x641px) Image search: [Google]
toptoad.png
74KB, 383x641px
>>36873702

>This passes for "advice"
>>
Therapists are a scam. Live by the way you think is right and stop listening to people only after your money.
>>
>"Just try taking an hour out of your day to meditate. Works for me! :)"

Why do we hire Indian doctors over here in the UK, again? This Indian woman I see for my schizophrenia is absolutely fucking useless. I need medication, not hippy sessions.
>>
>>36873732

People who indulge in excessive self-hate and self-pity rarely recognise their own vanity.
>>
>>36873598
a person fills a journal with misconceptions and subjectivity as matter of course and this creates a false narrative in the mind that is less prone to natural mental revision in the course of new experience and perspective because it was set in stone
so the journalist is fenced by the slim perspective of the journal they write behind them
>>
>>36873855
Whats bad about vanity?
>>
>>36872421
yes I used to sit up writing my thoughts out on a word doc at 4am

helps to get it off your chest but of course doesn't fix your problems
>>
>>36873702
>people aren't attracted to self-obsession
Lmao you got a shit therapist and now you're brainwashed enough to believe that.

t. Chad friend who never shuts the fuck up about himself but gets laid all the time
>>
>>36873873

Vanity is delusional.
>>
>>36873731
>not turning your parents against your therapist

Your parents must not love you enough. My parents hate my therapist and ended up shorting him.
>>
>>36873901
I'm mentally ill. I'm expected to be delusional, aren't I?
>>
>>36873933
I tried to convince them from day one but they insisted she was nice to them which OF COURSE means shes nice to me
>>
>>36873731
What did you do to make her hate you though?
>>
>>36873937

How is that relevant to the concept of vanity as a delusional point of view?

Sure, if you're mentally you are probably delusional in some for, but that does not make it good.
>>
>>36874031
>How is that relevant to the concept of vanity as a delusional point of view?
Are you implying I choose to be vain lol

Fuck outta here
>>
>>36873937
Yeah but you're also a man, so you're expected to take responsibility for your character.
>>
>>36874026
I told her I had a bad experience with drugs and that was partly why I was there. She thought that was a waste of her time or talent or something because she was "wasting it on a druggie"
>>
>>36874056
Says who? Keep in mind I'm not a part of society
>>
>>36874077
Maybe you should ask he why she thinks she ended up treating people below her skill level instead of being more successful. Did she go to Harvard or something? Why does everyone with a degree think they're Einstein?
>>
>>36874051

Let's recap.

Some anon posts the following advice:
>Just like people who talk about themselves constantly to build themselves up, you talk about yourself constantly to bring yourself down.

> >>36873732 asks to elaborate
>I suggest that self-pity and self-hatred are signs of vanity
> >>36873873 asks what's bad about vanity
>I explain that it's delusional

I'm not sure how >>36873937 or >>36874051 are related to the conversation above.
>>
>>36874115
>Says who? Keep in mind I'm not a part of society
The same people who expect you to be delusional because you're mentally ill? I'm not saying I buy society's labels but I'm just pointing out that if you fell like you can pick or choose which of these labels to accept, then you can pick to reject the labels and associations society foists on the mentally ill.
>>
File: 1490623457566.png (192KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
1490623457566.png
192KB, 600x399px
>>36872315
>try keeping a journal

This works if you are completely honest and you:
>write down your thoughts how you think them as you think them (when possible)
>try to work out if they are the result of cognitive distortions; black and white thinking, mind-reading, fortune telling, catastrophizing etc.
>challenge the thoughts on paper with logical reasoning

it helps, not sure why exactly. It's not even the results of the exercise, the act of doing it seems to ease my anxiety and depressive ruminations. It's like scratching an itch at times.

Of course there is stuff you won't be able to fix this way but bigger problems are easier to solve if you can handle smaller ones in a productive and efficient way.

Just look at it like coding, except you are working on faulty coding in your shitty brain. You aren't the shitty thoughts, you are the thing that is observing the shitty thoughts.
>>
>>36874165
Well all those post are from the same person so
>>
>>36873864
You think you are a lot smarter than you are desu.
>>
>>36874138
I didn't go back to her after like 3 or 4 sessions and saw someone else
>>
>>36874362
i hear that a lot
it depends on whether i believe what i'm writing and if you folks even understand it anyway
i don't worry about either
>>
>>36874402
Do you suffer from any professionally diagnosed mental disorders? Genuinely curious no bully
>>
>>36874451
>professional diagnosis
no
but it only really means i've never been forced to see a shrink
>>
you people sound like you have really shitty therapists.
mine is not the best, but certainly not that level of bullshit. the most memey thing I heard from her was
>stop turning aggression inward
>stop being all head and no body
but even that was an actual advice. we talk a lot about events from my past and sometimes i see something in a new light. my only complaint about her is that she doesn't seem to follow any plan, so the whole process seems disorganized. i've been seing her for three years and i feel only a little progress was made.
>>
>>36874486
Do you think you are a good person morally?
>>
I went to a therapist to check on my anxiety. I did some biofeedback and she said I was as calm as a bhuddist monk and she really doesn't know what's wrong with me as I said I feel like my hearts constantly racing and I always need to calm down. Useless.occupation desu
>>
>tfw can't afford a therapist
>>
>>36874658
no
but by comparison to what i perceive to be an intrinsically amoral society that induces immoral behavior from the participants, i don't really consider my mostly reactionary bluster and apathetic, minimally-participant lifestyle to be particularly bad
and i am aware that this in itself is more than likely a simple rationalization to suppress personal awfulness for a fragile ego
>>
(((Therapy))) is complete bullshit. If you are aware of how bad things really are then of course you will be depressed and resentful as those emotions are a normal reaction to bad, unchangeable circumstances. "It is no sign of a healthy mind to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
>>
>>36875000
Therapy is a scam, I won't argue with you there.
But if Epictetus could find a way to be well-adjusted in a society as materialistic and violent as Rome, there must be hope for us to find peace.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.