[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw Runner's High why don't you run robots? It'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: thatfeelrunning.jpg (39KB, 929x526px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelrunning.jpg
39KB, 929x526px
>tfw Runner's High

why don't you run robots? It'll help you feel better
>>
File: 1493242981170.jpg (44KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1493242981170.jpg
44KB, 720x715px
>Run
>feel exhausted
>my legs hurt
>my feet hurt
>I'm sweating
>people are looking at me
>don't feel any alleged benefits
Fell for the running meme again
>>
>>36858462

You don't push yourself hard enough if you weren't overcome by an enormous sensation of warmth and relaxation shortly afterwards.
>>
bump

lets hear those excuses
>>
I don't want to ruin my knees or whatever
swimming is superior
>>
I would but there isn't enough room in my house for a treadmill, and I hate going outside and going to the gym.
>>
reminder that runner's high is a meme
this >>36858462 is what actually happens, running doesn't make you special
>>
>>36858402
I did winter beer made me fat again.
Fuck it.
>>
Cause I'd rather get lifters high then smoke a fat j and devour a hard earned meal

Cause I'd rather spend my energy becoming stronger than wasting it to become a skelly

Cause I'd rather ride my bike which is more fun, impacts my joints less, and lets me see more and go further

Cause I'd rather take a sport that involves running as well as ball skills if I really did want to run

Cause I live in a city and there's nowhere nice to run near by

I could honestly think of so many better things than running, exchausting myself doing an extremely mundane exercise for a short lived high doesn't entice me enough
>>
>>36858402
It's good. I did C25K and now I run 5 k once a week. I mainly like cycling.

It's been harder though. I gained weight from stress eating (finishing college) and now I need to lose some to run more comfortably
>>
>>36859205

>Some out of shape weab post on /r9k/ refutes science

no
>>
>>36858402

Running is literally the perfect exercise for most robots. Most people leave you alone, you get to explore around town, it can be done at any hour of the day, etc.
>>
I ran distance for a long time, and the only time I ever felt anything interesting physically was back when I was inexperienced, and I could see the finish line after all those miles, so I just started sprinting until I couldn't think or feel pain any more
Didn't seem like a particularly healthy think to do, I made a point to train harder before doing a race that long again.
It certainly didn't make me feel better. I guess it did make all my other problems seem less strenuous to solve in comparison, and that's why I would recommend it to other robots, but the runner's high meme has always eluded me.
>>
>>36859254
Quit making excuses. It's really fun. I started slow on a treadmill. If you get autistic about working out like I did you youll realize it's much more in-depth.

You have to watch cadence, arms, shoulders, posture, and placement. It's really a big breathing excersise. I would run and see how fast I can get my heart rate back to resting before running some more.
>>
>>36858402
You can't outrun loneliness.
>>
>>36859369
you can outrun enough people to make it their fault for being slow and far away from you
isn't having a good reason to blame other people what really matters?
>>
I run 5km 3x a week, and lift weights 3x a week. I am now reaching the point where running impacts my gains significantly, and lifting impacts how far I can run. If I push myself too far in either exercise, then the other becomes much harder.

If I have to, I'll probably give up or reduce running.
>>
>>36859348
Why don't you do everything that I do? Do you do strength training? No? Well stop Making excuses and agree with me, would you? You're weak and pathetic because all you do is make excuses and run away from actual hard work

>Your infallible logic
>>
>>36859445
I already do everything you are doing. I'm telling you from a place of recognition. I don't play ball, but I camp and shoot. I want to be better at those things.

Running is a tough activity, but worth it.
>>
>>36859286
broscience =! science
>>
>>36859535

wrong again

educate yourself

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18296435
>>
>>36859535

>https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/new-brain-effects-behind-runner-s-high/#

Actual science is science though. If you think you're going to get a runner's high after 5 minutes of jogging the first time, you are in for disappointment.
>>
is runner's high even real?
i ran cross country for a few semesters in school and continued for a little while afterwards but ive never felt anything other than exhaustion and pain after a run
>>
outside?
where people can see me?

lol
>>
>tfw don't want to run because I am fat and don't want people to see my fat bouncing with every stride
>>
>>36858402
This is a meme

I'm not sure if there's something wrong with my heart or lungs, but I ran a mile (as much as I could) 5 days a week for 3 months and Barely improved my time at all, meanwhile I passed out from exhaustion twice in the first month, and threw up roughly once a week the entire time.

I never felt good about it, and running would always ruin my energy for the entire day and I felt like doing nothing but sleeping.

In the end of it all, my working out that is, at 6'4 200lbs, I was able to do 20 pull ups, 130 sit ups, but was completely unable to pass the IST running portion required to be shipped to Marine Corps basic training, even though it was a mile and a half in 13:30.

Some people just suffer while they run. I'm sure I could of eventually gotten my time up, but at what cost? I'd rather just go into debt than that shit.
>>
>>36859863
Runner's high is placebo, It's about feeling good that you're doing something healthy.
>>
>>36858402
No high like the powerlifting high
>>
>>36858462
Feels good man
Boysclubquoteblox
>>
>>36860011
Don't join the marine corps anyway. You wouldn't like it.
>>
>>36860165
The whole point was that I was 18 and sick of feeling worthless, I wanted someone to kick my ass and give me some confidence.

And it worked fairly well, I was looking great physically, I cut down my fat to good looking levels, and was lifting more than a lot of the other guys at the recruiting station.

I regret not being able to go, because it would of provided some great life experience. What I needed in that point in my life was discipline.

However after struggling with running for that long, and having most of my life while not working being in complete exhaustion, just wasnt feasible.
>>
>>36860033

No it's not.

Read sometime faggot
>>
I started jogging, but it felt like literal death. So i took up swimming instead. Its better for you and you dont feel like a zombie afterwards. Only downside is sharing the showers with old men afterwards, although some robots might be into that
>>
You know what sucks? Being fat and awkward. Now that the weather's getting warmer I should be spending at least a little time outside, but I'd just look like a fucking fool, wandering aimlessly around town, sweating, clearly unfamiliar with the most basic shit imaginable.

>>36860716
I swam a lot when I was a kid, we had a pool at my childhood home. I was always the first one in and the last one out. Combine that with not eating much and I was a really skinny kid. At some point, though, I started drifting away from it, getting out sooner or passing it up altogether. We stopped taking care of the pool; the last few times it used it it is just me and my mom, and all we did was try to clean it. Maybe 6 months before the house got foreclosed on I went out back and threw a bunch of shit that'd been sitting around into it: jugs of bleach/chemicals, all the abandoned toys and goggles on the deck, boards, sticks. I might have even thrown a chair in, but I honestly can't remember. I was also on the school swim team for a hot minute. I felt fantastic, starting to get a little into shape, but the meets when so horrendously bad that I quit the bitch way by just not going to practice.
>>
Because bicycling is infinitely more fun. There is absolutely nothing like just going fucking FAST.
>>
>>36860165
What was your decision-making for joining the marines? Did you have to decide between college and that? I am getting really sick of college and would really, really appreciate a fire under my ass that I'm assuming being the corps would provide, could you help me understand?
>>
File: 1434946135910.gif (36KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
1434946135910.gif
36KB, 200x146px
>>36860822
>You know what sucks? Being fat and awkward
iktf + being a manlet makes finding clothes that fit well impossible
>>
>>36860938
if you're close to graduating i recommend doing it and enlisting as an officer.
>>
>>36860951
I'm 6'0~6'1, so at least I don't really have that problem.. right?
>>
>>36860965
Thanks, how do people fare afterwards? I'm just nervous that job prospects will simply overlook me having had years between the date on my degree and the time I'm applying for them (I'm guessing like 2 years of active duty)
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.