[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished 13 reasons why, and I had in no way shape or form

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 13reasons.gif (892KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
13reasons.gif
892KB, 500x256px
Just finished 13 reasons why, and I had in no way shape or form anything like this experience in high school.

Not just the suicide, but the way people interact, talk to each other, treat each other, like absolutely nothing was even similar to my experience.

Did anyone else think this? Is it because I'm a robot?
>>
File: 1493157842725.jpg (87KB, 598x847px) Image search: [Google]
1493157842725.jpg
87KB, 598x847px
>>36831619
I dunno man my highschool life was two years in two schools.
Quite honestly never did anything in high school so both experiences are foreign to me.
>>
it's because yo're a robot and because you're a male.

Nobody even tangentially involved in the production of that show understands in the slightest what "nobody cares" actually means

Like if they think an attractive girl with friends and love interests can somehow be neglected and isolated enough to warrant suicide, I'm perplexed by how I'm still standing as a 29 y/o khv who hasn't left my parents house in over 2 years.
>>
>>36831619

My highschool experience amounted to nothing more, than getting beaten to a pulp everyday, so i can't relate to that story at all. Seems just like another movie that was made to appeal to roasties.

But kys is also a pretty pussy way to go out. You should at least go the columbine route and take those who have wronged you with you.
>>
When I was in high school I hung out with stressed out religious girls who had panic attacks if they stood next to the guy they liked.
>>
I thought it was decent but I had hoped it would be much not cynical like showing how no one actually gives a shit. The clay tape episode gave me feels even though it was a bit stupid, but other than that it was almost too sentimental in my opinion.

I just hate the anti suicide bull shit. If abortion is legal suicide should be legal. "But a bloo bloo that's a mental illness to want to end a life" well so is abortion and no one give a a fuxk about that, it's less people on the planet being miserable so quit fucking complaining.
>>
For 3 years, the only thing I did was play WoW. I didn't study. I didn't have friends. I don't even have regrets, because if I hadn't just played wow i'm sure I would have been even unhappier. None of my old "friends" from middle school gave a shit at all until senior year. I hung out more with other people senior year, and thats the one thing I regret.
>>
>>36831619
I haven't watched this because I assumed it was normie "muh no one cares" sounds like that's true?
>>
>>36831619
>it's a roastie kills herself episode
LOL no one gives a shit.
>>
>>36831874

I don't know..most of it didn't really make sense, the writing was terrible, and I couldn't really understand the point they were trying to get across.

To me, it seemed like Hannah, the girl who killed herself, made terrible decisions and blamed them all on everyone around her. Then she tried to create the ultimate guilt trip by recording on tapes how it was each and everyone their fault how she killed herself.

Like yeah, those 13 things other people had done probably could have been handled better, but she only looks at things from her own selfish perspective and expects the world to bend over backwards to get her not to kill herself.

Then, she makes them all listen to the tapes, and a lot of it wasn't really bad at all. Like one kid took pictures of her or something.

Really just a huge ego-centric pity party you would expect from a teenage drama I guess
>>
>>36831874
Yes, very much so. It's the absolute shittiest current thing. I can count on one hand the number of books I haven't finished, and that's one of them. It is beyond shit, completely self-indulgent, narcissistic, and just plain dumb.
>>
>>36831874
It's pretty good if you can deal with high school drama. The girl seems to genuinely want love but bad shit happens to her. She is a pretty good character. The whole thing reminded me of Speak.
>>
>>36832031
>Like one kid took pictures of her or something.

Yeah going to someone's house and taking pics through the window is not creepy at all.
>>
the show is written by a bunch of 50 year old hacks that have no idea how current high schools speak and act

they're more like characters out of an 80s high school drama than anything
>>
>>36831619
It's because the show is poorly written.
>>
>>36832071
Ok, yeah, maybe he took pics through the window or something, but like something you could totally have just gotten over, and then they put her on the list for "best ass", and then someone *anonymously* published her poem.

The only logical conclusion is to kill yourself.

The only legit truly messed up thing that happened to her (and a lot more messed up shit happened to other people) was when the other girl was raped while she was in the room *which she totally could have stopped*

The whole fucking thing is ridiculous
>>
>>36831874
no its more like
>wahhhhh i continuously make terrible decisions so im going to blame everyone around me wahhhh

>>36832045
she is an unsympathetic shit character. she causes 95% of her own problems.
>>
>>36832031
>she only looks at things from her own selfish perspective and expects the world to bend over backwards

This is the way female cognition works anon, of course in a show intended for women this isn't even going to raise an eyebrow, seems perfectly normal and acceptable to them. They have no idea what it's like to not have intrinsic value.
>>
>>36831793
Daily reminder that killing yourself is logically sound. We are all going to die eventually anyway, why not skip the filler and cut to the chase?
>>
I bet if it was about a male loser khv who killed himself then r9k would be like "Makes perfect fucking sense. Golden Globe. Oscar. Emmy. Tony. Braxton."
>>
>>36832120
> stop a larger stronger man who just beat up the girls bf
>Ignoring the fact that she actually got raped herself
> humiliation every time she tried opening up to someone or something

Dunno senpai her life was pretty shitty. You just hate her cause she's a woman I'll bet.
>>
>>36832133
>she causes 95% of her own problems.

When did this happen?

>>36832179
This
>>
>>36832197
>hurr if it was a loser nobody would complain durr
Yeah, no shit.
>>
>>36832031
thanks for the description anon. that was more or less what I expected it to be.

>she only looks at things from her own selfish perspective

no surprises there
>>
>>36832204
Oh, didn't see her get raped...only kind of half paid attention

But yeah, she could have definitely stopped him. You think he's going to rape her with another girl in the room...the only reason he pushed his friend out of the way is because he knew the other guy wouldn't tell, and the victim wouldn't know.

The only way he's going to be able to stop a fully conscious woman from telling is if he kills her, and that just creates a whole new bunch of problems...too high risk at that point.
>>
13 Reasons Why takes place in the WORST fictional high school in any media that has ever existed. The amount of people in that school that were downright assholes is retarded.
I know bullying goes on, I've read about some bullying that has gotten so out of hand that I was amazed the victim didn't shoot up his fucking school.

The show is meant to appeal to special snowflake girls, so it's just gonna be "omg my life is that absolute worst". They went way overboard with that and made her life so shitty it was unbelivable.'
>>36832120
Would you be able to just get over someone taking a picture of you kissing some guy friend of yours and spreading it like wildfire? That would piss you the fuck off and you know it.
I will agree with you though, a lot of the shit she got upset about was retarded. It should have been "2 Reasons Why" with the rapes being the only reasons, because those are the only times I felt sorry for her.
>>
>>36832578
i dont know where this bullying thing comes from

she wasn't even bullied.... someone wrote down she had the best ass in the school....that's about it.
>>
>>36832615
Do you not know the definition of bullying? At least 6 of those people could count as bullies
>>
>>36832954
lol no. the only things that could count as bullying are - justin takes that picture of her and shares it, zach steals some stupid fucking pictures from her, and the ass thing

that's barely fucking bullying, that is just typical high school retardation
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.